[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plague Found in Fleas in Two Arizona Counties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1501096735331.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501096735331.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/15/plague-found-in-fleas-in-two-arizona-counties/

What do you guys think about this?
>>
>>1082669
Well since Arizona isn't in a third world country, and penicillin is widely available, I don't think much about it.
>>
>>1082669

Glad I'm not in Arizona, I guess.

Other than that I really don't care. Modern medicine and hygiene exists.
>>
>>1082669
You do realize plague back then is like a bad cold nowadays ?
>>
whoop-dee-fucking-doo
>https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/plague.htm
>Plague is widespread in much of California, including in the Sierra Nevada mountains and foothills. In a typical year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports about ten cases of plague in humans per year in the western United States.
>>
>>1082686
Back then huh. Damn. So what changed? Why is it not like a cold anymore? Did it get stronger or were humans just more resilient back then?
>>
>>1082691
Not really hard to understand modern antibiotics can easily counter it , also humans now a days are more resilient
>>
>>1082691
i think he meant
>plague nowadays is like a bad cold back then
>>
Happens every few years, same with a lot of other diseases. The reason it was such a killer originally was that Europeans had never been exposed to it and they had no systems in place to contain it.
>>
>>1082695
Oh, ok. Weren't colds more serious back then? If the plague nowadays is anything like that, we really do need to watch out. Dangerous stuff.
>>
>>1082671
>Arizona isn't in a third world country

Much of the USA is 3rd world. Just about every shithole in Africa has better internet than I do.
>>
>>1082794
Think of it like this
> past
Plague = death
Bad cold = maybe death
Mild cold = probably not death
> modern day
Plague = not death antibiotics and bed rest lul
> bad cold = NyQuil lul
> mild cold = suck it up pussy
>>
It's totally normal to find plague in the four corners area in rodents and deer, pretty much any time there's a decent rainy season and there's a boom in animal populations you'll see the plague turn up. Even if you were out in the boonies and contracted it, you could just pop a couple of aspririn and lance the buboes and be fine. It's not the scary thing it used to be.
>>
Don't post that fake news site retarditman
>>
Most of the people that weren't good at fighting the plague died of it and did not pass on their genes.
That's why native peoples got pwned when the Europeans arrived. Thousands of years of belated, hot darwinism poured in their laps.
It's also possibly why a lot of the ones you see today are significantly European in ancestry.
>>
Plague has been found in the fleas down here (and in the states surrounding us) for a long time. I don't know why this is news all of the sudden, but people need to chill out. I'm sick of getting calls at work regarding this.

We aren't living in the middle ages, the plague is entirely treatable, unless you let it go until it fucking kills you.
>>
Everywhere I've been camping around tahoe and the sierras for the past year has sign about 'Plague warning' everywhere. Last year it freaked me out a little when I saw a ranger carry a dead rodent through our campsite and I had slight sunstroke, but it is so common I dont worry about it anymore
>>
>>1082671
Second World, I'll give you that
>>
>>1082669
Disease is just nature's way of pressing the reset button on a species that's grown out of control. Antibiotics only prolong the inevitable, soon we'll have something so bad that it can't be stopped and only the people who live in thinly dispersed communities will avoid being exposed to it.
>>
>>1084565
I think a handful of bigger regional outbreaks of different diseases are more likely to take a chunk out of the population than a super-plague.

While more and more diseases are becoming antibiotic resistant, a lot of what helps keep outbreaks contained these days is actually technology and infrastructure. A big contributing factor to the last ebola outbreak was lack of ambulances, sick people were being carried through the streets to get to medical care.

WWIII would probably be the biggest cause of a mega-outbreak, not the disease itself, because it would tax our medical infrastructure on a global scale.
>>
>>1084590
The denser a population is, the faster a disease can get out of control. And with international travel being as fast as it is, a lot of new diseases can spread before being recognized.
>>
It's everywhere. Idaho too.
No big deal.
/plumisland
>>
>>1084600
But international travel also means a general increase in the overall immunological profile, more people are more resistant to more diseases because of gradual exposure. And international travel, while broader in scope than it's ever been, is also a lot more controlled than it's been (immunizations, travel bans, quaratine procedures, etc). A big part of why international travel was such a vector in the past was because it was a free-for-all.

Again, a super-plague is certainly possible, but the more likely killer would be outbreaks of different diseases exacerbated by conflict and break downs in medical systems.
>>
Meh. I'm in Arizona but the plague is only in sparsely populated places where mostly natives live
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.