[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /out/ thinks of primitivism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14

File: kimberly2.jpg (57KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
kimberly2.jpg
57KB, 432x288px
What does /out/ thinks of primitivism?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primitivism
>>
Not bad, but it would never be sustainable for all humans with the number of people on the planet now.

In fact I quite like the idea.
>>
>>1081920
agreeing with this anon
Anarcho-Primiivism is optimal imo but there is no way that could exist unless some world wide depopulation event occurred like a meteor or virus
>>
File: 1488366118786.jpg (18KB, 540x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488366118786.jpg
18KB, 540x600px
>>
>>1081867

I think it's a great way to sell over priced nuts, trail mix, "primate care pills" and other assorted nonsense. It's a convenient way to alter your consumption patterns and virtue signal the latest fad lifestyle choice.

> LGBTIQ anarcho syndicalist primitivism when?
>>
>>1081867
I think it is one of those things that seems really great when mulling it over in your head, but on like day 15 of actual practice, when some chick with unshaven armpits and legs is crawling on top of you after having spent the day gathering roots with her bare hands while squatting in the damp forest, mosquito bites oozing pus onto your filthy chest, both of you crawling with larvae and host to numerous other parasites.....it loses its appeal.

There is a reason primitive man lived to barely 30.
>>
>>1082096
This, anyone who unironically thinks this shit is desirable should try spending some time gathering roots or hunting with primitive weapons IRL. Part of the reason I like going /out/ is because you don't take modern conveniences for granted afterwards.
>>
I'm not a anarcho primitivist but I'm pretty close, I don't oppose technology, I'd rather use primitive tools and technology but I don't condemn the use of tech. Anarcho primitivism is unsustainable in a large population and downright idiotic. I'd like to live like a old woodsman but that life ain't for everyone. Still preparing tho
>>
I think all extremists are idiots. If you want to learn about how your ancient ancestors got shit done, that's great; if you think everyone everywhere should think like you do because you can't accept that other people want something different out of life, you should be shot.
>>
>>1082113
Where are this memes from?
>>
>>1082125
I used to be part of a fb libertarian group about ancaps vs minarchists and every once in a while we'd get into a debate with a anprime and we'd release a relentless flow of memes at him/her. Some where OC, others were reposts. I got rid of my stash so I just googled them for the pic(s)
>>
>>1082096
>There is a reason primitive man lived to barely 30.
But that's not true at all, the average age might have been that low but that is most likely because of high infant mortality. If you survived till 20, then you could expect to live a normal lifespan.
>>
It sounds very romantic and all, but there are some things that are obvious regressions in human development.

Consider wisdom teeth. The vast majority of people need them removed or they become impacted, causing rot and the chance of infection and to lose 2-4 of your molars. I find it hard to reconcile the abandonment of ALL tenants of civilized life when it would lead to shorter lives and greater suffering.
>>
>>1081936
Tfw the irreversible climate disaster will create equitable sustainable societies in 40 years

It only took us destroying the biosphere to do it - but it's here, the final dialect
>>
>>1082275
Global warming isn't real so you don't have to worry about that. the population collapse will be a result of the browning of the West. Low iq populations cannot sustain themselves and the west will fall to retard level within 40 years resulting in massive desertification
>>
>>1082415
Can't tell if bait
>>
good way to die
>>
File: Varg_Feelkernes.jpg (28KB, 638x601px) Image search: [Google]
Varg_Feelkernes.jpg
28KB, 638x601px
>>
>>1083104
How do you feel about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93cO8Dxtkkc&t=2s
>Just curious
>>
>>1081867
Nah, my grandmother came from a hunter gatherer community and she is fucking over it and enjoys the western world. She has family though who are against it still but as she says she was a lazy woman.
>>
>>1082275
The final dialect is gonna be old norse
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>1082252
If civilization collapsed the increased number of lost teeth would result in 3rd molars being a necessary survival advantage. Can't impact on your 2nd molar if your 2nd molar isn't there.

Technologyfags BTFO
>>
>>1082416
>he thinks niggers care about the environment
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>1081867
It's an idea that is often romanticized and this >>1081947.

>>1082122
>All extremists should be shot
You first senpai
>>
>>1082122
>militant liberalism
>not extremeist
>>
>>1081867
stinky vaginas and crusty arsecracks
>>
https://youtu.be/HODILi4fIME
>>
File: 1492087911699.jpg (29KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1492087911699.jpg
29KB, 640x479px
>>
>>1082096

>can't survive two weeks in the woods
>doesn't understand averages

Kill thineself, fool
>>
>>1083297
>He thinks mudhut subsistence farmers niggers aren't the most sustainable
>>
File: gheghe.png (199KB, 376x302px) Image search: [Google]
gheghe.png
199KB, 376x302px
>>1082122
> Fucking extremists not destroying the planet like every one else with their low carbon footprint and whatnot.

Yes, they should be regulated, those goddamn extremists
>>
>>1082252
>all the people with shitty genes that develop into impacted teeth die

Yes, and? You say that like clearing out all the shit from the gene pool is a bad thing.
>>
>>1082252
>it would lead to shorter lives and greater suffering
yeah that is certainly true for abandoning civilization or cutting back on it.
>>
>>1083741
>>1083792
But is Anarcho-Primitivism even possible? Or primitivism in general?
>>
>>1084068
No, even look at the dark ages, we got a bit of a reset, and then made more leaps and bounds towards more tech
>>
>>1084068

Yes, but not in large numbers. Perhaps if the global population were a quarter million instead of nigh 8 billion it would be entirely possible. For fringe individuals/communities, there are a few wild spots left in the world where one could roam and avoid "civilization" if one were inclined. It's ironic how civilization has degenerated mans nobility, empathy, and harmony in to rare traits, while those who come to an atavistic awakening find those traits in abundance.
>>
>>1084076
Yeah, I was thinking the same. The main spot I was thinking about going is Alaska, it seems like a true paradise. Half the size of the US with only a million people there, grow potatoes forever lol
>>
>>1082096
Hot
>>
>>1083723
You're right.

The unspoken extra condition here that isn't met is 'sustainable and also an advancing lifeform that will one day reach to the stars'.

Solving both of those is not easy, and Africa definitely isn't a model.
>>
>>1084328
But we're discussing primitivism
>>
>>1084335
Chur. That's where it falls down. Want to stay Nog forever? Primitivism. Want manking to eventually reach the stars while not burning out the planet? Something else.
>>
>>1083741
He says before his descendants die of the flu as toddlers while teeth impactors have 5 children by the time their wisdom teeth start coming through
>>
>Aboriginals had no technology to speak of
>still irreparably damaged the environment in many parts of Australia
>>
>>1081867
If everyone started going into the outdoors it would be terrible because literally everyone would be in the woods hiking/surviving/whatever and liter and shit everywhere. One of the reasons I go out is so I can get away from these dumbfucks and be alone. Just what out society does need is some "primitivists" going into the woods and batooney chop chopping down live trees for firewood and litering organic food wrappers everywhere.
>>
File: this.jpg (20KB, 385x196px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
20KB, 385x196px
>>1084422
>>
>>1084430

Y'know, if you teach two people and those two people each teach two people how to exist in harmony with nature and their fellow hoomans, the world would be a better place. Holding on to bile and resentment might feel good to you, but it's actively worsening the situation if it prevents you from trying to better people so we can all enjoy our world together. Food for thought.
>>
>>1084478
or you could stop sending billions in tax payer money to third worlders and then the population of humans wouldnt be around 7.5 fucking billion
>>
>>1081867

I can't think of any lifestyle that better encompasses what it means to be a millennial than living a life of willful ignorance.
>>
>>1081867
It's for non whites. Living in a mud hut makes you no better than an animal, but we weren't created as animals, we were created as caretakers of the animals.

Europeans used to live in harmony with nature, until Christianity severed that tie, and our restless minds which were put to use creating the modern world, what we lack is a balance between the old and the new. We should be more than nature, while also taking care of it.

I used to think that things would be better if we didn't exist, until I learned just how much we can do to take care of the earth. For example, responsible logging creates a healthy forest, and firefighting crews stop the spread of destructive fires that result from entirely natural causes. There are a trillion more applications. We cannot do these things as effectively as possible without science and technology.

The European races should be like the Chozo, blending the old ways with the new and spreading throughout the stars with our sustainable technology. Otherwise we will end up like Bryyo.
>>
>>1084480
I really doubt he's the one doing that though
>>
>>1085837
>imblyign nature cannot do without muh intelligence

the lack of compassion and sensitivity for everything around us is the reason humans are so cancerous to this planet
>>
>>1081941
>>
>>1086099
Each white person has on average bred and fed 10 new Africans through food aid and unicef and all those breeding programs thru the UN not counting the ones living already in Europe or the USA. White people are killing the planet with compassion wiping out thousands of species of plants and animals and breeding billions of new Africans who can not care for themselves whites are worse than hitler
>>
File: 1501153789590.png (250KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1501153789590.png
250KB, 500x375px
>>1084484
So deep.

>>1086238
So deep again.

You guys are beatiful butterflies!
>>
>>1086238
Sure it can make do, but can it really thrive?

In the same way a flock of sheep could survive without a Shepard, but it won't reach it's full potential.

Even if you are a fedora, you can take this from the creation myth: we are better than animals.

Humans clearly have the greatest capability for compassion and sensitivity out of all the living things on this planet and to say otherwise is naive.
>>
>>1082252
needing wisdom teeth taken out is a result of civilization. more specifically, farming. hunter gatherers had perfectly developed jaws and teeth with more than enough room for the wisdom teeth, so they did not need them removed. only after humans started farming did our teeth and jaws suffer. early neolithic farmers had crooked teeth, narrow palates, lack of forward growth of the jaw. modern people have the same problems. most people today need dental work. you really think it's natural for a species to need advanced and invasive surgery enmasse? no, its clearly a result of our modern environment
>>
>>1087002
No more natural than drugging half the population with anti depressants
>>
>>1087014
yup thats probably a result of modern society, but im not sure how. allergies are another one.
>>
>>1087019
>allergies are another one
you can blame diesel engines
>>
File: 1502443905325.jpg (30KB, 540x336px) Image search: [Google]
1502443905325.jpg
30KB, 540x336px
>>1081867
>>
>>1086238
Humans are no different than any other animal on planet Earth. Sure, we may have nice hands and we may be a little smarter than the rest, but our tendencies are the same. Give a raccoon an intelligence boost and he'll start fucking over his fellows and the planet in the exact same way.
>>
>>1083106
Varg lives in France, probably from his wife's RSA
He can't really be against leftists
>>
>>1088027
>>1087019
>grandma has allergies
>mother has allergies
>I have allergies

Genetics are a part.
>>
>>1089857
Then they wouldn't be all that intelligent would they
>>
>>1091415

Wise =/= Intelligent.
>>
All of you need to read Bookchin.
>>
>>1083508
what are the downsides?
>>
>>1093907
>/leftypol/
kys you retarded emotionally based commie fuck
>>
>>1094105
I'd say the only major downside or challenge it faces is that it places and extreme importance on people being educated and smart citizens. I don't mean that in the academic sense, Bookchin often criticized academia. But more in the sense that they're not spooked idiots who either act out of religious tradition, pure selfishness, etc. Thankfully Bookchin doesn't theorize around people just being naturally smart or that that problem will just work itself out. He outlines possible ways of how you could and/or should go about accomplishing this.
I should also stress that Bookchin doesn't claim that this sociopolitical development will just arise out of the ether. For this development to occur it takes a very long time of educating, organising, etc. until you reach a place of dual power with the state, and eventually the state will be forced by its own machinations to attack you and that's when revolution will occur. Hopefully it would lead to you being the victor, but that certainly and unfortunately won't be the only case.
>>
>>1094115
There's nothing really emotionally based about communalism and dialectical naturalism friend.
It's all based on things we can easily see and observe today and all throughout history.
>>
>>1081867
It's the epitome of the "appeal to nature" logic fallacy.

Getting back to nature and doing things in a primitive way is a great method to understanding your place in the world and learning to appreciate what your forefathers went through to get here. However, it's indisputable that our lives are longer, healthier, and stronger because of the innovations we've made since those elder days.

Are there some things we can learn from the primitive world and apply to our modern world? Absolutely. But the key is to keep looking forward, not backwards into the distant past.
>>
>>1089857
>we may be a little smarter than the rest

What a pitiful understatement. It took us humans nearly 100,000 years to go from hunter-gatherers to landing on the moon, and that was after millions upon millions of years of transforming ourselves from skulking, tree-dwelling creatures to Men who walked upright across the earth with our heads held high.

And you dare to say otherwise, typing your response on your portable calculation machine powered by the essence of lightning, communicating near-instantaneously with people across the entire planet on an invisible network that took hundreds of years and the lifetimes of untold thousands of men to develop and perfect.

Man can always stoop to the level of animals, but nothing can reach as high as we can.
>>
>>1094173
This assumes the goal is to live the longest. If that is the measure of success then great. However, if you were to factor in quality of life it might be different. I'm not sure how to measure that (self reported happiness survey?). As an extreme hypothetical with technology that does not exist: You could keep me alive for a thousand years in a coma but I'd rather live a normal life. Not necessarily disagreeing though.
>>
>>1087019
unironically, capitalism leading to alienation
>>
>>1081867
not much the sun will nova and they will be dead.
Meanwhile progressives will have nano'd themselves to imortality and build more desirable planets where they can choose primitivisim if they wish, while thier super computers work out how to escape heat death of the universe, xylee ring or some such.
>>
>>1094173
> longer, healthier, and stronger
Objectively false, there are records of ancient people living to be 70 and 80. Old people existed back in the day, but there were less of them because instead of pumping them with chemicals that keep their bodies alive while their mind rots away (I've seen this firsthand, and it's absolutely a product of modern medicine), they got to old age by being strong. Our brains and our muscles are much smaller than our ancestors, we have degenerated physically because there are no effective eugenics being practiced, either by natural selection or otherwise.
>Are there some things we can learn from the primitive world and apply to our modern world? Absolutely
Massive understatement. We need to rebuild society from the ground up, with sustainability as the number one goal.
>>
Spartan Councillors and Ephors had to be 65+.

People lived plenty long back in the day, so long as they didn't die as a youth.

>>1090711
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75PcK_y0XnI
>>
>>1094155

Do you realize that your model of history has been repeatedly discredited by the historical record? That in fact the modern philosophy of science that we've used for the past century was authored by a former Communist who realized that his theories weren't working and that his friends' inability to accept that inspired a whole new branch of epistemology?

Let go of your witchdoctor conspiratial view of history. Drop the ideology and think for yourself for a change.
>>
>>1085837
white people's empathy and altruism is the reason you're dying out.
>>
File: 1500880165259.jpg (471KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1500880165259.jpg
471KB, 1024x768px
>>1082096
... So you're saying I'll get laid this way?
>>
>>1093907
>communalism
>we need to live in cities despite its huge environmental devastation for muh progressive values
>>
>>1084422
Mind providing examples? In school they pretty much refused to acknowledge any downsides to living off the land
>>
>>1095747
Our brains and our muscles are much smaller than our ancestors
Not only is this statement blatantly false, brain size is not correlated with intelligence. Elephants have the biggest brains out of all land creatures but you don't see them writing symphonies and building orbital satellites.

As for muscles, who cares? Gorillas are far stronger than the strongest man on the planet, but they're too stupid to use tools like spears and guns. We can train our bodies to be fit and healthy, but we don't need massive strength because we used our intelligence to overcome it. We can move and kill anything on the planet with our minds.

>Massive understatement. We need to rebuild society from the ground up, with sustainability as the number one goal.
Unless you're advocating a violent revolution, good luck with that.
>>
>>1097378

>brain size is not correlated with intelligence.

t. American edumacted
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.