[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RV road trips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: rv.jpg (22KB, 650x340px) Image search: [Google]
rv.jpg
22KB, 650x340px
Anyone been on an RV cross country? Anyone own one?

I am increasingly obsessed with the idea of doing this next summer to the major National Parks.
>>
Are you 70?
>>
>>1081864
Are you retarded?
>>
>>1081877
Are you retarded? RVs are for old people and pussies afraid of sleeping in tents
>>
File: IMG_20170815_193812.jpg (11KB, 226x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170815_193812.jpg
11KB, 226x356px
These things are a real menece to society. They clog up the roads and ferry and the people in them don't even pay for acomodation.
>>
File: 1491056679693.jpg (556KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1491056679693.jpg
556KB, 2048x1536px
Why not something smaller
>>
>>1081854
I've got a 17 foot travel trailer. It's outfitted to be good away from hookups and such for up to 3 weeks. I use it mainly for stuff like extended fishing and hunting trips.
>>
>>1081882
Houses are for people afraid of sleeping in RVs.
But for real, I actually live in one and don't consider it camping. It's a really minimal/cheap way to live. I live close to a state park where I like to do free primitive tent camping and kayaking. Living in a camper is pretty sweet if you can detach from the idea of a house or apartment. We haven't done any trips with it yet. I'd like to go out west some time because it's easier for boondockers to live for very low cost out in western united states.
>>
>>1081882

Dude. I have been telling myself the same thing. But we are talking about a cross country road trip. There really is not much time to stop and hike and pitch a tent and build a fire, etc, etc. Trust me I have done that. But I want to see the Badlands, I want to see Glacier Nat'l Park, Yellowstone, MONTANA, Yosemite, and everything else. I want to see this chit. There's no way without an RV. At least not sensibly and economically.
>>
>>1081854
I did this but in the back of a saturn station wagon instead. It was a lot more enjoyable, forced me to interact with the world around me more.
>>
>>1082116
>It was a lot more enjoyable
How would you know if you had not done the trip both ways?
I fucking love my camper van. I can stealth in the city and not pay for a hotel then off to the lake for a week then two weeks exploring wilderness using my van as a base camp.
>>
File: DSC02443.jpg (918KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02443.jpg
918KB, 1920x1080px
>>1082086
Ahem, i did exactly all of that with my gf in a little 97 Rav4. I removed the backseats and although a lil cramped, was my living space for 29 days.
>>
>>1082086
I traveled around the USA for months visiting parks, sleeping in a tent with a passenger car doing lots of hikes etc. You are right about the amount of time and energy that it takes setting up and taking down camp also in many places it's not convenient finding a campsite so you might have to drive an extra 50 miles. With an RV you could park in Walmart or anywhere seems like a great way to go and the extra gas costs would be saved elsewhere
>>
>>1083762
That's awesome, been considering getting a van for this with my s/o. Did you make any other modifications?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.