[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Texas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Any anons innawoods often in Texas? I'm saving up to get ahead on bills by a month or two ao I can afford to dip out and go survivalist for a month or two this winter.

I've done 1-2 week long trips before, but never anything as ling as a month. Any suggestions on things like locations here in Texas or things to do/build, etc.?
>>
>>1079594

Where in Texas?
>>
>>1079795
I've gone to WG Jones, Sam Houston, and the Neches River.
>>
File: 1hh2Lo_St_58[1].jpg (25KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
1hh2Lo_St_58[1].jpg
25KB, 610x343px
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>1079594
You'll have to go someplace in East Texas like the National Forests or the Big Thicket.
>>
>>1080341
Yeah, I went to Big Thicket off of the Neches. Was just wondering if there was anywhere else worth going to for an extended period of time.
>>
>>1080355
There's plenty of neat stuff out in the west end of the state, but it's easier to do survivalist stuff in the east. More water and more stuff to eat.

I've always wanted to lash two or three canoes together to make a raft, load them up with supplies, and use a trolling motor to head up into the swampy end of the big reservoirs or Caddo Lake. Seems like it could be a comfy way to spend a long weekend or a week off in the spring or fall.
>>
>>1080464
Makes sense. Honestly, you could probably just make a comfy raft and float it on some 55 gallon drums. Put a canopy or tarp for cover.
And depending on the depth of the water, you could either use a pole to move around, same way as on a pirogue. Or use a go-devil motor for getting through the mud and shit in the shallower waters.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.