[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apricoat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

>Guy almost dies on a hike
>Makes a overbuilt jacket, and markets it as a lifesaver

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2116152785/apricoat-a-zero-compromise-jacket-for-adventurers?utm_campaign=TRS&utm_medium=FB&utm_source=TRS_83

Can we hate on this thing please?
>>
How the hell are you going to use all those pockets comfortably, while wearing a pack?
>>
>>1078696
Why do kids these days hate pockets? Do you cunts realize if you stopped being homos and get some pockets you might not need a backpack to go on a two mile hike. No you don't because you were all apparently raised by single moms who made you carry a purse
>>
>>1078703
Yeah but I've got pockets in my pants too. So realistically I'd only need one or two pockets in my jacket.
>>
File: sip.png (194KB, 308x297px) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
194KB, 308x297px
>while the other brands spent their money on advertising, we made this video of an autist wrestling with a teddy bear so we could spend more money on research for YOU, the customer.
>campaign page includes group photo of the 15-person marketing team

>no spaghetti pocket
>>
>>1078704
>>1078707

See???? Not enough pockets!!!!! A good coat or cargo pants pocket would easily carry a quart ziplock of spaghetti saving you from needing a stove or cooler. Your focus of aesthetics ruins the functionality of a proper garment and in essence makes you a ludite hoarder
>>
>>1078692
The multitool of multitools!
Even better than the Stick Snapper™ or the Eat'n Tool™.
>>
>>1078692
>wear it for a decade
>1 year gaurantee
(((shay leibovich)))
>>
>>1078733
The stick snapper is crap, it's all about the tactical stick snapper with paracord handle. But even that can't compare to this jacket. So went out hiking one time and fell down a cliff, all that air in those pockets cushioned my fall. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my Apricoat Zero-Compromise Jacket for Adventurers!
>>
File: hmm.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>1078692
>Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Raly make me tink
>>
>>1078819
Keep the /pol/-tier shit in /pol/. No need to bring to /out/.
>>
>>1078817
REAL adventurers
>>
Just backed it for $239

Thanks OP!
>>
Seriously, anybody who backs this project needs their balls chopped.
>>
>>1078748
>>1078819
>heknowsshutitdown.png

>>1078832
>oy vey goyim back it or you're an antisemite
>>
>>1078839
hahaha i was actually coming in to say that it was a cool idea. you never know when the urge to top rope is going to come on!!

the fact that they don't overtly mention a temperature rating is troublesome...
>>
>>1078843
It's going to be interesting when someone actually tries to use this as a climbing harness. They didn't show it in the ad for some interesting reason.
>>
>>1078842
>oy vey goyim back it or you're an antisemite

dude... what the fuck? are you such a massive tool that you think that comes off as cool/funny?
>>
>>1078845
>They didn't show it in the ad for some interesting reason.

now that you mention it they never show it holding him off the ground?
>>
>>1078847
This is 4chan, so yeah, he probably does.
>>
>>1078832
Right, of course.
Just coincidence anyway...
>>
>>1078845
that's a keychain biner, fucking useless.

>>1078847
>cool/funny?
>implying that's the point
For a kike you ain't that smart tbqh.
>>
>>1078852
also a coincidence it already amounted $1M+ in backing. that tribe surely behave like such.
>>
Actually it looks like a good deal for $100 but it's unlikely it will ever ship. Comes with a solar panel, built in gloves a firestarter and a blow-up pillow for chilling
>>
This whole thing makes me uncomfortable. The stench of insincerity pervades everything from that guy's smirking face to the list of cringey, nonsensical Innovations™. I feel a bit sad picturing the lives of the 6,500 people out there clueless enough to buy this shitty jacket to reassure themselves that they're "adventurers." The little rush of excitement when they get the email that it finally shipped. As they sit all week at their job daydreaming about the adventures they'll have in their new jacket. How at the end of the week they'll open the package and slowly remove their Apricoat™ and take in its scent, like that of a new car. How they'll set the evening aside to discover all its pockets and features, perhaps taking a nap in the backyard using the Inflatable Hood Pillow and feeling like a child again. Knowing they're the first to ever have a jacket this advanced. They'll dream about sitting on a rustic fence like the guy in the Kickstarter, having stepped away from some lively family event for a breath of air. They'll anticipate the snug feeling of the SafeAnchor™ Emergency Clips fastened around their waist. They'll want to show it to their families and office friends. They'll think of ways to amuse people by procuring objects from the many hidden pockets. But when it does come, nobody will care, and in fact the second they tear open that package and crinkle the material in their hands they'll realize that the adventures will never happen, and that they've been meme'd.
>>
>>1078889
you forgot the youtube reviews they will make.
>>
>>1078889
>i know this feel. damn you overpriced convex lens.
made me sad/10
>>
That fucking pitch video.
>>
>>1078847
But it is funny because it is true, read the Torah you bigot.
>>
>>1078692
haven't typEd these words in a very long time, but:
>not your personal army

I will literally love the shit out of that jacket just to be contrarian.
>>
>>1078849
It's a shitty non loadbearing keychain biner attached to what appears to be 6mm guyline and not actual climbing rope, and the attachment D rings in the coat are 3/4" butted instead of welded, held on by non bartacked grosgrain instead of bartacked webbing.

I would be willing to bet the biner would fail under a 50lb load and the D rings would pull straight around 75lbs, assuming the grosgrain didn't rip out of the liner first.
>>
>>1078963

>I would be willing to bet the biner would fail under a 50lb load

You would be an idiot then and should kys for saying something that dumb
>>
>>1078937
Really the word bigot has turned into a joke.. I recommend not using it
Whenever I hear it, I laugh. Purely because it reminds me of the joke that is feminism
>>
This, a backpack that turns into a chair, and something else I can not remember, are being advertised very heavily right now.
>>
>>1078832
Kike enabler
>>
>>1079157
Considering it wasn't a serious comment, i'm fine with it =]
>>
>>1078843
>they don't overtly mention a temperature rating
It's because companies have to send it away to be impartially tested, and they haven't actually made the jacket yet, so there's nothing to test.

>>1079375
>This
>Doesn't quote anything
Oh summer, how you amuse me.
>>
>>1080203
He meant:

>3 things are being advertised very heavily right now:
>1. This (the thread topic, Apricoat)
>2. A backpack that turns into a chair
>3. Something else he can not remember
>>
>>1080208
I see. Thanks for taking the time to clarify that.
>>
>>1078839
The cherry on top is that sorry excuse for a carabiner; might as well come off a key chain
>>
>>1080409
You sould jealous
>>
haha i lolled at the "safe" anchor. Those D-rings will give up sooner than the cheap carabiner he shows lol.
>>
File: walking-tent-shelter-shoes.jpg (689KB, 3050x1050px) Image search: [Google]
walking-tent-shelter-shoes.jpg
689KB, 3050x1050px
>>1078692
lol this faggot
not wearing his tent shoes
what a homo
>>
>>1080510
You jealous got?
>>
Would you guys buy a secret harness jacket if it was designed by actual climbers instead of this twerp?
>>
>>1080525
I don't know what the point is but I kinda want a pair
>>
>>1080203
>and they haven't actually made the jacket yet
But they have at least two prototypes.

>>1080616
Because it makes the cheaper one seem like a much better deal. Bumps up the kickstarter money early so it gets even more publicity and backers.
>>
>>1078839

I wouldn't even trust those D rings to hang a water bottle from...
>>
>>1080581
Relax, I can belay you. I've got a secret harness in my jacket. Everything will be fine.
>>
That safety anchor and caribeener is brilliant. Many lives will be saved
>>
>>1078692
he looks odd, like a smug skinwalker

>wtf is up with his skellyton arms
>>
>>1078692
OK, so a lot of the features and repeated use of the phrase "real adventurers" makes it seem like a meme (A harness? A GPS? Really?). But look at what you're actually getting for your money. For 120 bucks, you get a waterproof, decently warm jacket with a shitload of pockets, a water pack, and a built-in pillow. I could definitely see the use for this thing, especially on bike rides or day hikes where I would carry a small 15 L hydration pack. Hell, I'd probably ditch my pillow and sleep in a hammock with this thing on.
>>
>>1081771
You should also send money to Star Citizen while you're at it.
>>
>>1081771
>t. marketing team
>>
https://gearjunkie.com/apricoat-safeanchor-danger

Kek, even gear junkie is shitting on them. Also I think gearjunkie writers shitpost here.
>>
>built-in GPS
>built-in solar charger
Why do they want their jacket to be so heavy?
>>
>>1081861
>In testing, they hung from the SafeAnchor while wearing the coat to deem the weight limit. “We took approximately the weight of a friend of ours and we said ‘this should be enough,'” explained Partuk. “It should be enough, it should hold approximately the weight of the average person.”

They also tried pulling each other and used it “to help a friend when they go through hard, rough trail.”

Partuk explained the jacket can hold more than 400 pounds, but “we didn’t know exactly when it should tear apart.”

Apricoat did not apply for a UIAA safety label or other major certification. Instead, Partuk explained, “this is something that we will consider later on. We are only the beginning, this is a Kickstarter campaign.”

oh lord...
>>
>>1081774
is that game even real?
>>
>>1081959
Not sure, but the game's(cult's) disciples continue to pour as much money into it every day as OP's mother makes in a year from selling herself.
>>
>>1081959
They have gameplay videos from random people on Youtube.
>>
File: SleevesGlovesBuildIn.png (50KB, 518x154px) Image search: [Google]
SleevesGlovesBuildIn.png
50KB, 518x154px
>>1078692
This alone is worth is just for the lulz
>>
File: Ok.png (1MB, 1298x730px) Image search: [Google]
Ok.png
1MB, 1298x730px
>>1082099
Also anyone who climbs with this thing as a harness after seeing that the people who designed it made pic related is a moron.
>>
Spot locator
Adventure
Pick one.
>>
>>1082104
There is nothing wrong with that picture autismo
>>
>>1082622
How come?
>>
>>1080409
It probably did.
>>
>>1078692
Why does this coat include a blindfold ?
>>
>>1078889
Fuck you too aii :'(
>>
>>1078703
>you might not need a backpack to go on a two mile hike.
So why would anyone need the jacket equivalent of a 20L pack to go on said hike. For two fucking miles if need legs and that's about it. My pants have 4 pockets, my soft shell has 5. If somehow I need to carry more shit than will fit in my pocket I'm packing things more important than whatever I would want to fit inside a garment
>>
>>1082662
thats a 50 cent carabiner
>>
they also literally weakened the system by overengineering it, proving flaws in their motivation and ability. by adding that wire gauge to the end of the nylon they effectively nullified any possible use it had for security
>>
>>1080589
It's so you can masturba in public
>>
The part where he tries to guilt trip you into buying and says "you're not golf buddies with the bosses of sport companies, stupid goy" is so comically Jewish.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.