[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shit that annoys the living fuck out you about gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: Freelite_3_1_.jpg (24KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
Freelite_3_1_.jpg
24KB, 460x300px
I'll start

Tents that pitch with the inner first. Their mere existence makes me angry. Being in a very rainy country they are completely useless to me, but are still sold everywhere.
>>
File: tW8zUyBr.jpg (200KB, 1456x996px) Image search: [Google]
tW8zUyBr.jpg
200KB, 1456x996px
Also, knives that are overly thick. Do you want a knife or a wedge? Decide you dimwit.
>>
File: bfi-00m-dll.jpg (37KB, 587x447px) Image search: [Google]
bfi-00m-dll.jpg
37KB, 587x447px
>>1078322
Good for battoning anon.
>>
>>1078316
Not a specific piece of gear, but when you buy gear and then a better/smaller version immediately comes out.
>>
>long underwear top
>doesn't have loops for your thumbs to keep the sleeves from bunching under your other layers
>>
>>1078405
I mean, what would you want instead?
>>
File: oh no a tumblr image.jpg (82KB, 500x617px) Image search: [Google]
oh no a tumblr image.jpg
82KB, 500x617px
mid layer tops with high collars.
undershirts, fleeces, even down gilets. how are you supposed to layer that shit? it would strangle you.
>>
>>1078416
Do you not own a knife?
>>
>>1078477
That'd require lock stitches to stop the holes from widening further and also for the sleeves to be made long enough to wear it the way they didn't intend with my long arms to boot. It'd probably end poorly with most merino tops.
>>
>>1078316
My fucking headlamp. You have to hold the button to toggle functions. If you press it it turns off.
>BRIGHT AS THE FUCKING SUN
>wait for it
>wait
>less bright the brightness you want too dim and
>FUCK YOU STROBE

goddamn princeton sports. I'm too cheap/lazy to buy a new one b/c it hasn't broken yet.

Also, the little hammocky thing in the top of my Big Agnes Fly Creek. There's clips that get knocked off super easily, they're essentially hooks. blah blah "ultralight". If someone is anal enough about the weight those hooks they'd cut it all off. Just sew the shit in, use real clips, just don't use the bullshit you have now. All it does is make a trap at night so when you wanna look at your phone (that's all I keep up there) it falls on your goddamn face.
>>
>>1078487
Why not just bar tack a strip of 1/2in elastic perpendicular to the cuff hem?
>>
>>1078471
Oh jesus this.

Same deal with vests, every-fucking-thing has a standup collar these days.

Other things I dislike:
>every pair of waders ever is built for a potbellied geriatric
I could literally fit 3 of my torsos in my neoprene waders with me, and I'm already bordering on chubby and don't have particularly big feet.
>every pair of /out/ oriented pants defaults to a 32" inseam
I'm sorry I'm not 6'3" tall. Why you fucks settled on this so you have to spend an additional $15-20 to get your $90 pants hemmed is beyond me, not like the average height of Americans and Europeans isn't 5'10" or anything.
>every "athletic" shirt is designed around a pencil-necked, bird-chested dweeb
In order for me to get a shirt that fits in the neck and shoulders even with the top 2 buttons or the quarterzip undone I end up with a circus tent around the waist and it's 3-4" too long. And again, not exactly skinny. Sorry for actually having muscle.
>cargo pockets on pants that sit right at the knee
Seriously, move them up an inch so if you actually use them the shit in them isn't banging into the side of your knee every step.
>/out/ pants that only have 4 very skinny, short belt loops
They're not part of a fucking Italian 3-piece suit, I'm going to be using a wide and thick belt and I do actually want a belt loop in the back so I don't end up with rain/ants/debris down my crack.
>men's shorts with a sub-6" inseam that aren't running shorts
If I want my balls flopped out where everyone can see them, I'd flop them out on purpose. I don't need them hanging out a leg of my shorts to get snagged on random shit.
>men's shorts with a greater than 12" inseam
They cease being SHORTS when they meet the top of your socks, and bind worse at the knee than the skinniest of skinnyjeans.
>pants with fewer than 4 or more than 6 pockets
I need at least 3 pockets (2 front slash and a wallet pocket), I don't need the entire contents of my junk drawer to fit in my pants.
>>
>>1078471
>tops

Faggot detected

>Multi later

Faggot detected

>Gillets

Sort urself dude

You are trying to dress like a 1979 9th grade schoolgirl

If you went outside you would realize the benefit of a collar
>>
>>1079168
first world problems: the post
>>
>>1079067
Really? Is it an older model? That sucks. My Princeton Tec is once tap for lo-red, second for hi-red, or hold for lo-white, hold and tap for hi-white.
>>
>>1078316
when some dumb fuck at an outdoor store staples an information card through a first aid product that is supposed to be sterile
>>
>>1079257
Did you buy quick-clot? If so, don't feel bad. That shit is dumb anyway. Just throw it away.
>>
>>1078487
just melt the fabric around the hole
>>
File: fleece-pullover-sweatshirt.jpg (37KB, 428x494px) Image search: [Google]
fleece-pullover-sweatshirt.jpg
37KB, 428x494px
Just like most casual clothes, backpacks and rain shells are designed for people who are 5'9" 135lbs. So if you've ever been fat, played sports, or lifted weights good luck finding gear
Every backpack, and every stuff sack, should have at least one daisy chain
I don't even want a reservoir. But every backpack should have a sleeve and a hole for the tube.
When your wool socks shrink
When all you wanted was a couple of shirts. But now you have to buy a $5 doo-dad to qualify for free shipping
Also, the person above who said
>In order for me to get a shirt that fits in the neck and shoulders even with the top 2 buttons or the quarterzip undone I end up with a circus tent around the waist and it's 3-4" too long. And again, not exactly skinny. Sorry for actually having muscle.
It's true. Shirts are made bell-shaped these days. In the past shirts weren't made like that. Short sleeve shirts have extremely shirts sleeves now. And all crewneck shirts have a seam on the collar now. That's something else that old shirts didn't have. These companies are selling us garbage. Fucking $25 tee shirts have a seam on the collar. Try on an old salvation army style t-shirt, then try on a new one. Garbage.
And when older iterations pf a product had elastic on the cuffs and hem, or better fit, more pockets etc, but the current version does not.
Compare the picture at left, to the product currently sold (link)https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/78994?feat=trail%20model%20fleece-SR0&page=trail-model-fleece-pullover&csp=a
The elastic at the cuffs and hem are missing
>>
File: ft.jpg (85KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ft.jpg
85KB, 800x800px
I bought these using the size guide on their website and holly phuck it was way off. Got the large because I'm 6ft and quite lanky and the measurements were perfect for my size. Literally could have fit 4 of me inside these things and I needed to pull the pants up to my ribs to keep from walking on them. They arrived the day before my cambin trip and I couldn't bring them. Returned them for a medium which has good pant/sleeve lengths for me but still yuge. I guess it's good that I can wear a daypack under it though †bh.

Anyway, to answer the OP: size guides of all kinds are often triggering and jimmy rustling
>>
>>1079409
dude LL Bean is made for white trash rednecks. that shit doesn't fit anyone but husky soccer moms and treestand hunters
>>
Anything with large logos, I'm not going to pay to be a billboard.
>>
>Manufactured anywhere that's not USA, Canada, Western Yurp, Aus, NZ or Japan
>Company doesn't own its own factories
Absolute trash.
>>
>>1079407
>melt merino
>>
>>1079168

lol what kind of alien body shape do you have? I don't have any of these problems.
>>
>>1078316
Flashlights and headlamps with strobe functions. Useless unless you're just interested in tacticool bullshit, and extremely annoying.
>>
>>1079412
You're retarded or you've never bought shit from LL Bean. They're made for city slickers who've want to look good in seersucker and have only been to city parks.
>>
File: beans.png (14KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
beans.png
14KB, 600x400px
>>1079915
I've boughten many a shit from LL Bean over the years and it's all boxy and huge and fitted for fatties.
>>
>>1078316
Anything electric that can't be recharged with usb.
>>
>>1079914
For runners and cyclists it's borderline mandatory. It's way easier for cars to notice the strobe. It's also a good lower power mode for emergency signaling.
>>
File: alium body shape.png (13KB, 1092x843px) Image search: [Google]
alium body shape.png
13KB, 1092x843px
>>1079744
It's called "I have muscle but am not completely ripped so no smedium"
>18.5" neck
>57" shoulders
>45" chest
>16.5" biceps
>32-33" waist
>24" thighs
>17" calves
>>
>>1080127
Manlet confirmed
>>
>>1080450
>>1080127

Yeah bro, just lose some weight lol. 19 inches of neck seems excessive and I was once a "jiu jitsu guy."
>>
>>1080127
are you a girl who's taken way too many steroids and used a corset for waist training simultaneously?
>>
>>1079168
I'm 5'9 with a 32 inch inseam.
>>
>>1080461
No, I'm an ex college football lineman who was encouraged to specifically work neck in the gym to prevent injuries.

>>1080450
Guilty. 5'10"

>>1080453
Not a whole lot of weight to lose without losing muscle. When I was 170 I had a 6-pack, 188 now.

>>1080463
5'10" with 29" inseam. I'm apparently all torso.
>>
SHITTY. ZIPPERS.

They all jam and get fucked all the time on everything I own except my backpack. Why can't they spend the 2 cents more to have a real zipper and not some shitty chinese crap.
>>
>>1079919
You might want to try J.crew. They only sell girly sizes.
>>
>>1080552
ex college lineman with a 32" waist?
>>
>>1080841
i prefer Gap and Kmart :3
>>
>>1080776
Lol American confirmed. Vast majority of zippers are made by ykk. A Chinese company. They are all Chinese you dipshit.
>>
>>1079168
They cease being shorts, and become capri pants, when they pass your knee.
>>
>>1080867
YKK is Japanese and their largest factory is in Georgia,
>you dipshit
>>
>>1080843
Yeah. And?
>>
>>1081205
Touche
>>
>>1078322
THICC
>>
>>1078322
Those are for when you need to do emergency glazing while innawoods or are at sea and need to hack through some thick ass rope.

>>1080028
>tfw no camera with USB recharging

I mean there's 5v right there why not let it charge the battery?

>battery is 7.4v
>an internal boost converter from 5v to what the li-on needs would be super tiny.
>>
>>1080867
>>1081205
>>1081668
>>1080776
Usually, the problem stems from the seamstress who installed the zipper. I have several pairs of jeans, all with metal YKK zippers. Whoever/whatever installed the zipper on one got a single stitch uneven, when installing it, and the zipper sticks at the halfway point near that stitch.

Replacement zippers are pretty cheap and easy to install if you have a clear head and can take your time. It is the attention to detail that prevents most people from being able to correctly install a zipper so it doesn't stick when trying to use it. Always replace with metal zippers with larger 'pull tab' if you can.
>>
>>1079410
Have the same shit. Pants are bottom tier garbage but the jacket is gr8. Had it like 5 years and that shits still holding up and keeping water out. But yeah, shit sizing.
>>
>>1080070
Dude what? Both running and cycling have better options than a headlamp for visibility and lighting.
>>
>>1078316
just buy a standalone oversized rainfly
set it up first
then pitch tent under it
>>
I don't get the point of this thread. Why not just buy gear without said annoying shit?
>>
>>1083976
we're yelling at clouds, and this thread is our designated rocking chair.
>>
>>1083976
A lot of trends tend to overtake the industrial design of a lot of products and make sensible shit harder to get.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.