[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How2innawoods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: my feet feel fine.jpg (183KB, 680x543px) Image search: [Google]
my feet feel fine.jpg
183KB, 680x543px
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I will inherit a bunch of land in the mountains of northern Portugal (And have to buy the rest from my relatives) and I want to move there. There is a small house which I seek to restore as well as a woods owned by my family in those mountains. I want to learn how to survive there by myself and to do that, I'll need to learn agricultural skills related to farming, animal keeping and husbandry and skills related to woodcutting, surviving in the woods by yourself, hunting, building simple tools like bows, basic herbalism, how to skin and prepare animals and their leather and other skills and knowledge related to this. Where could a complete novice with an interest in this learn? Could you give me some resources or direct me perhaps to youtube channels? I'm really lost and need your help.
>>
>>1078153

p-please respond...
>>
>>1078153
>>1078179
Sorry. I can't help, but I want to bump this because I'm interested in what suggestions might be given.
>>
>>1078153
I doubt you'll be able to live 100% off grid, but depending on soil and climate you could grow a lot of stuff.

How much is the extra land costing you op?
>>1078184
/out/ is slow as fuck, no need to bump threads
>>
>>1078194

I estimate the whole thing would cost me 30k.

My ancestors were farmers who were self sustaining. They grew vegetables and owned cattle. I'd also like to do that.
>>
Kill yourself you LARPing faggot
>>
>>1078206

I'm not LARPing I really will inherit a bunch of land and I really do want to learn those skill and live a simpler life in the mountains. Don't be a cunt.
>>
Pick up a book on the local wild plants, knowing what's edible will help you if you don't grow enough food. Other then that idk much about South America to suggest anything better.
>>
>>1078209

nice bait but thanks
>>
>>1078153
Start with gitting gud at hunting and fishing. Bonus points for bowhunting since it is more sustainable for someone innawoods than guns.
Local plants are important too, use books and apps like Pl@ntNet to identify them then actually use what you find.
Learn how to garden and use permaculture to keep it sustainable.
Chickens are super easy to take care of as far as animals go and can be incorporated into your permaculture system to fertilize the soil. Goats are also useful but will eat everything and so need more land to graze.
Make friends with your neighbors because you will need them eventually.
>>
>>1078234

thank you very much anon. Where can I learn about wood cutting and creating things from natural resources such as wood, metal (my dad was a blacksmith) wood and leather?
>>
>>1078236
Take a chainsaw safety course.
>>
are there any specific channels on youtube for people who want to do exactly this? Living in a rural region semi-innawoods and be self sustaining with traditional values?
>>
Gotta be bringing in enough money to pay taxes, OP. How are you planning to do that?
>>
>>1078239
Thulean Perspective
>>
>>1078153
>northern Portugal
Where are you at, fellow northern Portuanon here, if you need help I can do that.
>>
>>1078239
Unironically varg's channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective
And this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

>>1078236
Try looking up carpentry techniques & woodcutting. Look up the type of wood growing in the forests, check up on pros and cons. Cant help you on the leather sadly.
>>
>>1078247

Gafanhão

>>1078244

Does Varg actually help with independent living shit? Though he only talked about the religion and philosophy of it
>>
>>1078247
also set up realist goals and get ready to be fucked over by our overly protective, nanny state like laws.
>>
>>1078253

Is there a type of book, app or other type of resource I could use to find info on the wood and herbs of that region in particular? I doubt I could identify it myself.

>>1078255

If the police comes over into MY FUCKING LAND THAT I OWN and tries to take it from me or stop me I'm going to fucking murder them real shit nigga
>>
File: 2201.png (2MB, 1119x851px) Image search: [Google]
2201.png
2MB, 1119x851px
>>1078254
>Gafanhão
lel I'm less than 60km away from you. If you are really thinking in doing op then just go and do it, anon. You will learn and develop your skills along the way, traditional living is hard work but it can be done, more so when you have access to land for free-
>>
>>1078256
>Is there a type of book, app
instala edible and medicinal plants. tem boa informação. Livros vais à biblioteca e vês o que tem.
>>
>>1078256
Ask locals or meet up with this anon >>1078247
There is always wikipedia tho.
>>
>>1078265
>>1078260

Obrigado anão. Se um dia for viver para la, espero que te possa ajudar tambem.
>>
Only thing is, electricity is fucking useful, especially because of internet. Is there any way of having access to it innawoods? A generator is enough I suppose, but internet itself is more difficult.
>>
>>1078297
Thing is, it seems like it'd be pretty hard to learn how to do all this yourself. I think I'd need to take classes and whatnot.
>>
Watch the documentary "alone in the wilderness " maybe you will get some ideas or learn something from that. I haven't seen it in a long time.

Also, fucking read books on the subjects you want to learn.
>>
>>1078153
As far as researching skills, buy older text books, get a library subscription and photo copy the info you want, YouTube all of those topics(all of tbis is fou d on Youtube to some degree).
Local farmers in my experience very welcoming and willing to give info.
>>
File: 1437147886299.jpg (460KB, 736x4270px) Image search: [Google]
1437147886299.jpg
460KB, 736x4270px
>>1078290
No problem, anão. Always a pleasure helping a fellow tuga. Bellow you can download a couple documents with nice info in regards to Portuguese native trees, bushcraft, shelters and country living. This is also helpful to every other anon. Sometimes there's a namefag anon around here, Librarian I recon, who has lots of infographics and documents, maybe he can dump some more.

https://www.docdroid.net/UgxM5Ft/arvores-indigenas-portugal.pdf

https://www.docdroid.net/3Q6QRs3/bushcraft-leatherwork.pdf#page=4

https://www.docdroid.net/hSArMbM/john-seymour-the-complete-book-of-self-sufficiency.pdf

https://www.docdroid.net/uNug7lX/the-encyclopedia-of-country-living.pdf
>>
>>1078360

Thank you very much irmão! I appreciate the help.
>>
>>1078209
Down old South America way
>>
OP it's definitely possible, I live in a northern country and people without experience buy abandoned homesteads and start small farming all the time. You'll probably need to start with a well, some kind of outhouse, and chickens. Animals are hard to take care of at first, hell even chickens can be a handful.
>>
>>1078292
My friend got internet in bumfuck nowhere by attaching a USB 3g modem to a tall mast.
>>
op make sure your property is well kept, as you know fires are a fucking disgrace in rural areas.
>>
>>1078654
>You'll probably need to start with a well,
that will be expensive.
>>
>>1078244
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.