[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

National Parks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 20170808_161325.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170808_161325.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Where do I have to go to get authentic /out/ experience? I visited arches in Utah yesterday and it was gorgeous but very difficult to appreciate when you're pushing through crowds of people to get where you want to go. Toddlers everywhere, morons with no water, 90% of the people there had no business being there.

Where can I go to get away from people /out/?
>>
>>1077269
Try Great Basin NP. Not a lot of people, great hiking and camping plus Wheeler Peak 13k.
>>
>>1077269
Almost all national parks become significantly more enjoyable once you hike more than a mile away from one of the parking lots. We basically had the grand canyon to ourselves after descending the first 1000 feet, only ran into about 4 people total in our down and up again hike. Yellowstone is a shithole too until you get away from the major tourist attractions.

You gotta remember that the average person is a disgusting fatass and being even the tiniest bit /fit/ allows you to do and see things the average asshole can only dream of. Just put a little sweat in and you'll have most places to yourself.
>>
>national parks
>authentic
audibly kek'd

>In the United States, a Wilderness Area is an area of federal land set aside by an act of Congress. Human activities in wilderness areas are restricted to scientific study and non-mechanized recreation; horses are permitted but mechanized vehicles and equipment, such as cars and bicycles, are not.
Knock yourself out.
>>
>>1077630
This right here. National forests are where its at if you want to get past the casual fags. Also usually much less restrictions on where you can go, camp, or do. No hunting and shit on national parks. Fuck that.
>>
>>1077657
Forest service workers hunt there all the time either making excuses to kill or outright poaching
>>
>>1077610
this is also true in Banff, traffic jams trying to get to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake but go on a hike and you see a handful of people all day
>>
>>1077269

Are you still in Moab?
Head down to the Needles district of Canyonlands Nat'l Park. Then head over to Cedar Mesa area--Grand Gulch system which is now part of Bears Ears.
>>
If u gotta small boat u can go island hopping in the everglades. Did it with friends in canoes
>>
>>1077736
hey man dont shit on us in the USFS
do you know how many deer are in my region? who cares if like 5 employees kill a deer once a year, fuck you
>>
>>1078197
>Who cares if govt employees are lazy crooks acting against their agency mission?

You are worse than the lowest van dweller
>>
>>1078272
This, they'd gladly bust you for doing the same. Typical corruption by state officials, it's the same reason why Sicilians formed the Mafia
>>
>>1077269
>authentic /out/ experience?

go a mile from your car. 99% of people visiting NPs dont.

I go to YNP in high season and frequently have trails to myself...
>>
>>1078197
Region 5 reporting in
>>
>>1077630
sometimes roads into wilderness areas will be gerrymandered out of the wilderness area, so that there is a sliver of space where cars are allowed (it's for fireroads mostly i think) but yah for the most part no cars or machines it's great.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.