[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free Living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

File: BADCATTOU.jpg (93KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
BADCATTOU.jpg
93KB, 600x800px
Hey /out/, so I have a master plan of getting a used truck and converting a cargo trailer into a small home and moving out of this desert and into the lush greenery of Oregon.

There I would live mostly off of nature, but still hopefully close enough to a town that I can get supplies when needed.

The national forests and BLM east and north-west of Portland are where I had my sights on. I am well aware of the rules of staying in one spot no more that 2 weeks at a time then having to move 25 miles away to a new spot, UNLESS i am well hidden or far off the beaten path where any rangers would be.

I'm wondering if anyone has done this or knows of anyone who has, can reply with tips or wisdom. Also, suggestions on where to go and places to avoid would be much appreciated!
>>
Bumping because I have also thought about doing this
>>
Sounds dumb. Don't do it.
>>
You'll never do it and post the results here.
>>
Why not use a van? It would be cheaper and more practical in the long run.
>>
>>1076997
Because I dont want to be taking my home with me every time I need to leave my "camp".
>>
>>1077009
So you'd rather leave your home unattended in the middle of nowhere?
>>
>>1076941
>knows about the two week rule, gonna ignore it anyway
>just gonna live off teh land guise!!
can't possibly see this going bad.

yeah sounds like you got it all figured guy, good luck ahahaha
>>
>>1077010
Trust me, I'd put in the due diligence to make sure that I wont be found.
>>
>>1077014
How often do officials patrol areas that are very obscure anyway? Also, who's to say that I wont just tell the national forest ranger or whoever manages the BLM of the area that I just got to the area they found me?

And if you're so wise that you have the gall to be sarcastic, why don't you enlighten me instead of admonishing me?
>>
>>1077016
>hey /out/ I found some faggot's abandoned trailer
>I just stole everything worth taking and shit on his bed
>>
>>1077025
What are locks? What are booby traps(tripwire that pulls trigger of overhead shotgun)?
>>
>>1077031
Locks keep out honest people. Booby traps are illegal.
>>
>>1076941
Save up enough to cover costs of living and bills until you get a job there and go for it.
>>
>>1077031
Using booby traps, literally illegal in every way from local to international law, and trying to avoid being caught illegally camping on BLM land at the same time is suicidal man.
>>
Save up ur money and get an appartment they don't cost much
>>
>>1077046
The only piece of sound advice here so far, thank you.

Im planning on just using my credit card to finance the builds then living a low-cost lifestyle(which living the /out/ life should help with) while working to bring my debt down to 0 again.
>>
>>1077042
>>1077082
Well then there you have it, illegal booby trap to kill/maime the people who decided to illegally break into someone elses property. Whos going to miss a dumb, theiving crack-head anyway?

Sounds like you approve of people taking whats not theirs.
>>
>>1077082
How is camping on blm land illegal? Its land literally set aside for people to camp on.
>>
>>1077091
I live in an apartment now and have been since i moved out more than 4 years ago. Im done with that lifestyle.
>>
>>1077105
Your readoning is stipid and you like a silly person in general.
No wonder you came up with such a dumb idea.

What a moran.
>>
>>1077106
It's not illegal unless you stay in the same spot for over two weeks, which is what OP wants to do. I imagine the reason is a sustained campsite will be a much larger impact on the area with the dummy driving back to it several times, using up much more of the dead wood as firewood, the latrine becoming a toxic waste dump, things like that.
>>
>>1077247
Im planning on using a solar/propane combo so no, i wont be taking any precious dead wood from the land. Also going to be buying a composting toilet so whatever i dump will actually be good for the soil.

Anything else i should be concerned about?
>>
>>1077115
I dont know if youre actually retarded, or trolling.

And though im not really going to make any booby traps, you cant deny the logic in that post. Do stupid things, such as breaking and entering into something that isnt yours to steal things that arent yours; win stupid prizes--getting your head blown off by 00buck.
>>
>>1077403

Except this is reality, and in reality a body will be found, you will be arrested, and you will spend the rest of your life in prison because you're out of touch with reality.
>>
>>1077409
Disposing of a body isnt that complicated. And the society that defends the actions of someone who was clearly in the wrong is the same one im trting to distance myself from. If im out of touch for reality from thinking that, then so be it.
>>
>>1077409
>>1077412
And im done talking about hypotheticals, like i mentioned, im not going to be booby trapping anything.

Back on topic from now on only please.
>>
>>1077413
Hey, you were the tard who brought up booby traps. Since there's no sane and legal way to keep your trailer secure while you're away getting groceries, why not keep things compact and use a van? You don't actually own any of these yet.
>>
>>1077403
Yes, I am clinically retarded actually, because autism is a developmental disability.

Your problems are many, but I'll illustrate one in particular;

You've mislead yourself into thinking that we are against defending oneself and possessions with lethal force.

But reality is we are interested in self preservation, more than punishment.

You are seeking out to punish transgressions that have yet to happen, instead of preparing to prevent them.

You are placing more value on the punishment, instead of the safety and security of your property and your personal.

Are you up to speed on cooking methods?
Sous Vide is a good one to learn about if you're not.
>>
>>1077421
Have we entered an alternate dimension where locks dont work or people are master lock pickers? Also, im not going to be putting huge windows in when im converting the cargo trailer.

Vans have huge wind screens that can easily be broken.
>>
>>1077497
Vans have a lockable steel door that keeps the cargo and cabin areas separate.

But that is beside the point.
When you go into town, you drive the van. It's always close by.
Not miles away from you, or anyone else.

If you have a trailer, you are forced to leave it behind at camp.

Anyone that's taken notice of your movements can see or hear you going down that dirt road.
They will know the trailer is alone and isolated.

And as you disappear off into the distance to pick up groceries,
all it takes is a prybar and your locks and systems are defeated.
>>
>>1077506
Valid point but i guess im being naive in guaging the hostility of the citizens of Oregon.

And either way, its not like i have to leave the trailer behind. Who's saying i can't bring the trailer along with me when i go into town? A detachable trailer affords me options, which having a van does not.
>>
>>1077401
The fact that it's illegal.

The fact that you've already expressed intent to murder anyone who comes to your campsite regardless of their reason for being there.

The fact that you type like you never graduated middle school.

The fact that you're actually considering doing this, and coming to 4chan for advice.

But mainly the fact that you've said you intend to lie to and/or murder law enforcement officials trying to keep you from doing so.
>>
>>1077497
>camper trailer
>lock being resistant to anything more focused or vigorous than gently jiggling the door handle
You can usually "unlock" a camper/trailer door with one good pull without breaking anything. They're literally that flimsy.
>>
>>1077511
Hobos, methheads and sjws are not citizens or even human. You will learn
>>
>>1078195
The door is a sheet of sun baked plastic loosely fixed to a piece of old, dried out foam.
The door sills are tin can aluminum.

How can anyone possibly think that is secure.
If you bang on the center of the door, the ends will flap about like a tarp.

Campers are stupid.
>>
>>1078190
>Being this bootlicker.
>>
>>1078195
>>1078333
Then i'll just reinforce the door completely. You guys act like security is an imposibility in this situation.
>>
>>1078571
It is though.
>>
>>1077020
You're an idiot
>>
when will this meme die
>>
>>1077413
Your topic is dumb and you should feel bad
Get a fucking job
>>
>>1079800
Why get a job?
Everything he will do will be half assed. And knowing where half assed people end up, he'll probably be working a Government job and end up making shit harder for the rest of us.
>>
>>1078571
Rule #1 of everything ever: if you have physical access to something, you can pwn it.

This goes from a laptop, to a trailer.
>>
>>1079800
>>1079805
I have a job and probably make more than you do.
>>
>>1080134
Your gonna get ass raped by some tyrones buddy
>>
>>1080134
Of course you do sweetie
>>
>>1076941
>live mostly off the land

do you even know what you mean when you say that?

break it down for me...
>>
>>1077511
>being naive

no you're being a dumbass
>>
File: 20170813_145811.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px)
20170813_145811.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
What is this... the bulb is at the bottom of that stalk.
>>
>>1080304

Ramp baby!
>>
>>1080267
Garnering energy from various natural resources and catching my own food, dumbass. The mostly part comes from me buying what i can get myself. What else could it possibly mean?
>>
>>1080271
>>1080153
Why are you so certain that you're safer in a stationary home vs a mobile one?
>>
>>1078467
You fucks are the reason I go hiking with my AR

Fuck you loners, its public land and you are talking about murdering people for stumbling onto you secret club in the middle of the woods. Have you ever encountered abandoned campsites in the woods? Some have been there for decades.

As an Oregon local OP, if my dog or kid accidentally walked into your camp and your booby trap kills my dog or kid, what do you think Is gonna happen.

theres gonna be a mob of locals hunting your ass in woods they have known their whole lives
>>
>>1080835
I said BREAK IT DOWN

'garnering energy' from the wild sounds like something someone who has never tried says.

these fucking threads are a dime a dozen, literaly EVERY FUCKING DAY some autist neckbeard neet wants to escape and ''live off the land'' without a single fuckin clue how to do it.

You're just a moron who turns to 4chan for advice, doesn't even LISTEN to the advice hes given, and keeps on with retarded illegal ideas like squatting on public land, setting booby traps, or whatever.

tl;dr you're probably <21 years old and haven't a fucking clue how the world works
>>
>>1076941
I live east of portland.
You will not find our woods welcoming also the snow drops to 800' as early as October forcing you into patrolled areas the forest service will arrest you if you stay to long stay or in the wrong area.
As for staying 2 weeks and moving 25 miles sounds easy in reality it is very hard.
Snow will prevent this idea mt hood is all snow the costal range is RAIN and snow.
The clackamas river area is mostly owned by portland general electric so no camping there.
Also a lot of other people have the same idea.
Living off the land will get you arrested where out here in the winter time the rivers are too high to fish
>>
Dispersed Camping
Camping outside campgrounds is permitted in many parts of the Mt. Hood National Forest. Camping is permitted for 14 consecutive days and up to 28 days on the Forest in a calendar year. Some areas are closed to camping or entry to protect the watershed or wildlife habitat. If you are uncertain whether an area is open, please contact a Forest Service office. For more tips on safe and proper dispersed camping, please click here.

28 days a year.
>>
>>1081011
Just wondering, do you live close to estacada? Do you know when NF-45 is gonna be open from the memaloose(?) road, I hate driving in from the hillockburn side. I saw lots of people living in log shacks that ways too right before the storms this last winter, wonder if they made it or the forest service got em. Fucking portland garbage amirite
>>
>>1080954
You idiots need to learn how to read posts more carefully. There will be no booby traps, just a guy trying to get away from people like you who think that everyone should be following all the rules that your precious nanny goverenment has laid out for them.
>>
>>1080966
Again, an idiot who's too autistically impatient to read posts or blatantly ignores things to troll. Listen, im not going to break it down for you because honestly, im not 100% sure there's even suvh thing as a solid plan once a person is actually out there in the wilderness, but im sure i can adapt to do whatever needs to be done when im in the wilderness. And if you think this is the only outlet of advice ive been referring to, you're mistaken. Maybe 4chan is YOUR only source of information, but not for me.
>>
>>1081049
Then find some other societies public land to live off of. Clearly you're too poor to buy your own property to live on, if you live off public land you're no better then a welfare leach. Worse in fact, you choose the hardest way to get free shit from society.
>>
>>1081041
Yeah I'm from out that way.
I doubt they will open the memaloose road anytime soon they have been shutting down the spur roads for years.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.