[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: th4GIR9AK6.jpg (12KB, 216x289px) Image search: [Google]
th4GIR9AK6.jpg
12KB, 216x289px
I'm going camping any recommended things to do
>>
camp
>>
>>1076486

Stop camping.
>>
Take a nap. Read a book. Do some fishing. Drink some booze.
>>
Cook using crap you find. Herbs, pine needles, mushrooms, berries. Don't poison yourself.
>>
Get an RV.
>>
>>1076627
This

>>1076708
This but with moderation
>>
>>1076708
Make pine bread: it's like normal bread but add crushed up pine needles.
>>
>>1076486
Masturbate vigorously
>>
File: 20160316_153534.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160316_153534.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>1082986

1)urinate
2)defecate
3)masterbate
>>
Imo most of the fun in camping is finding where you are gonna camp. After that it's just chill and watch the hippy TV (fire(but only if it's the right place/time of year))
>>
don't know where else to post this.

I was solocamping for the first time yesterday.
It was great !
I was doing an overnighter with my bike.
I plan to go for a whole week in afew weeks.

so , do you dry out your tent every morning ?
did I fuck up because there was condensation going on in the tent ?
do you guys eat inside the tent ?
any pro tips ?

I feel a bit stupid right now.
>>
>>1083342
Tents will collect condensation/dew in the morning, if it warms up/ dries out during the day open up vents/ remove rain fly to air it out. If its raining the whole time your out not much to be done, just keep your clothes and bedding from getting too wet from the tent. Have fun and enjoy being out there
>>
>>1083342
try to crack the vents in your tent to reduce condensation inside. a dry environment will be warmer than a moist one since your insulation will function better.

pick sites that are dryer. not next to a depression, on damp soil, or right next to a river.

I also wipe down my tent with a small pack towel before putting it away.

of course, if it's raining, just shake the tent out and get it dry as you can, then quickly pack it into a watertight bag.
>>
>>1083342
>I was solocamping for the first time yesterday.
Awesome! Keep it up!
>It was great !
Fuck, yeah!
>I was doing an overnighter with my bike.
Way to go! You must have a pretty decent gearset to haul it on a bike.
>I plan to go for a whole week in afew weeks.
Go for it!
>so , do you dry out your tent every morning ?
I don't use a tent.
>did I fuck up because there was condensation going on in the tent ?
Just leave a vent open, or don't use a tent.
>do you guys eat inside the tent ?
Never, never do this. Food smells can attract bears even months after cooking or eating inside.
>any pro tips ?
Garlic repels ticks and mosquitoes, CCF pads are more reliable than inflatables, carry two ways to purify water and three ways to start a fire, cook fish on a stick so it doesn't burn to your pan, you can hike a lot further and more comfortably in trailrunners than boots... Oh, in regards to tents? Don't use a tent; open bivvies get you closer to nature.
>I feel a bit stupid right now.
We all start somewhere, even Bear Grylls didn't start out a pro, he had to take acting lessons.
>>
>>1083342
last thing you should ever do ever is eat inside your tent, bear bag that shit and launch it up a tree a good 50 feet away atleast if you're not around others
>>
>>1083711
It really depends on what the food is and how it's packaged. If you're packing MREs you don't need a bear bag at all, they can't smell it so they don't know it's food. I typically only carry rice, store it in a soda bottle and leave it on the ground. No issues.

But yeah, never eat inside a tent. In fact, don't even use a tent that's had food in it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.