[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.jpg (59KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
59KB, 600x336px
A teenager who went for a swim at a Melbourne beach and emerged with his feet covered in blood has stumped marine experts.

Sam Kanizay's legs felt sore after playing a game of football on Saturday, so he decided to soak them at the beach. About 30 minutes later, the 16-year-old walked out of the water with his feet and ankles covered in what looked like hundreds of little pin holes that were bleeding profusely. Upon returning home, his parents promptly took him to the hospital.

Kanizay's father, Jarrod, said hospital staff had no idea what kind of creature could have caused the injuries. So Jarrod went back to the beach the following night with a pool net full of meat and captured the animals he believes could have been responsible. He took a video of dozens of the tiny bug-like creatures chomping on the chunks of meat.

Jeff Weir, executive director of the Dolphin Research Institute, believes the teen may have been attacked by crustaceans called amphipods, which usually eat decomposing plant and animal scraps.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australian-teens-feet-bloodied-mystery-sea-creatures-074252495.html

that's some seriously creepy stuff
>>
Crabs are the honey badgers of the sea. Australia is the honey badger of the anglo sphere.
>>
Look at popular beaches from overhead, like from sat imaging, and you'll see sharks just chillin on the outskirts of all the people.
>>
Australia: not even once
>>
>>1076425
Reditors, everyone
>>
>Meanwhile, marine expert Michael Brown believes the small bugs eating the meat in the video could be jellyfish larvae.

uh?
>>
>>1076352
example?
>>
>>1076437
>jellyfish larvae

As a Marine biology graduate, this made me laugh.
>>
>>1076603

Damn, I'm sorry.
>>
Ok
>>
GAIA IS FIGHTING BACK
ALL SHALL BE AS IT ONCE WAS
>>
The father caught some of them and recorded them
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3b5_1502093699
>>
>>1077164
Fuckin' amphipods man.
>>
Walk it off, fucking pansy.
>>
he's such a qtπ :3
>>
I'm surprised there aren't more bugs that just bite chunks out of living people and run off.
>>
>>1079400
Bugs that goes for humans typically just sucks blood. Its fishes that tends to do that and they don't need to be too big to fuck people up.
>>
Sea Lice
>>
>>1076343
>usually eat ... animal scraps.
>Sam Kanizay's legs
Sam Kanizay's feet smell of rotting meat?

Hmm.. That rhymes.
>>
>>1079400
Horseflies bruh
>>
>>1076345
this
>>
>>1076345
>Australia is the honey badger of the anglo sphere
Hmm...
-smells horrible
-belligerent
-quite stupid
-not actually a threat to anything or anyone
-is an internet meme
...yep, that checks out.
>>
>>1080212
This. Clegs are little bastards.
>>
>>1076903
gaia gave to much
we did to much
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.