[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hikers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5372.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5372.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm on a mountain top and just passed some hikers that said "the tents and gear at the top are ours. It was to foggy for the helicopter to come and get us"

wow...
>>
>>1076313
Steal it!
>>
>>1076313
They should have taken the lift back down.
>>
>>1076313
You surrender any gear you leave behind when you ride out.
>>
File: FB_IMG_14976558260750041.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_14976558260750041.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>1076313
Flattop?
>>
File: IMG_5283.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5283.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1076320
I would have had to carry it back. I never saw the stuff though.
>>1076368
>Flattop?
It's a mountain in Alaska. I was grouse hunting. This is an old pic because the weather was cloudy.
>>
>>1076399
I'm just curious if the hikers were there because people are always needing help getting off the mountain
>>
>>1076901
It looked to me like they flew up, camped, then were going to fly down but got fogged in.
>>
>>1076968
Holy shit. Im not the person youre replying to but do peoplr seriously do that? Holy fuck wouldnt an occulus, an eight ball, and a hooker just be cheaper?
>>
>>1077437
Man there's a mountainrange in my country that's no more than 6000feet above sea level and retards call emergency choppers all the time because they're 'injured' and then they say they just couldn't carry on walking
>>
>>1077437
>do peoplr seriously do that?
I've never seen campers do it. Normally it's skiers in the winter or trail fixer people. I actually sort of looked them over to see if they had disabilities or something.
>>
>>1077457
SAR in my region tells a startling amount of people to just hike out. I heard of some middle aged dude had to scramble down a few miles with a dislocated shoulder because SAR refused to litter him out or send a chopper. I honestly don't blame them. More people in the woods need to learn that the best way to not choke is to fucking chew.
>>
File: VILLARRICA.jpg (2MB, 5772x1064px) Image search: [Google]
VILLARRICA.jpg
2MB, 5772x1064px
years ago some people and me did the villarrica volcano, south of chile. nothing too difficult, 2.847 m, half of it you can take a lift if you want.
but you get to the crater of an active volcano.
there was an asshole that only reached the top because he was too scared as to go back alone. As son as we get to the top he launch himself in the ground, refused to walk the last 150m to the rim of the cráter, and asked me to take his camera and snap some pics for him.
He got in a serious argument with the guide of the excursión, begging for a chopper. In the end we all leave and he just got up cursing and walk the volcano down as everybody else.
Pic related, pre digital
>>
>>1077677
That's a pretty cool photo, anon. Too bad it has that horrible backstory to it
>>
>op didn't take a picture of their gear for us to mock and judge
>>
>>1077677
That sounds so fucking cool
>>
>>1077677
>refused to walk the last 150m to the rim of the cráter, and asked me to take his camera and snap some pics for him.
You should have thrown his camera into the volcano.
>>
Some idiot abandoned a brand new MH trango, nice 0 degree bag and a bunch of other overnight gear this winter up at artist point. He said he was too cold and thought he might die so hikes out leaving all his shit there. He posted to the local hiking board he left it there and anybody could go take it for themselves if they wanted. I would have gone if I wasn't working.

Stupid thing is the guy had been asking all sorts of questions about winter camping and most replies had told him to go for an easier onjective. Of course he didn't listen and it cost him thousands of bucks, luckily he didn't kill himself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.