[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/poop/ - Planning On Outdoor Pooping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: Manure_04[1].jpg (88KB, 510x768px) Image search: [Google]
Manure_04[1].jpg
88KB, 510x768px
I went on a sunset hike with a friend of mine and at the top of the hill on the 2.5 mile trail, I realized I had to shit, badly.

I made it about 75% of the way down and then I told him... bro I need to shit bad. I didn't have my day pack but luckily, he did have his, and he had a few wet wipes.

I borrowed two but I wish I had used four. I took a massive muddy shit just a bit off the trail.

I never want to be caught so unprepared again.

/out/ - what are your methods, tips, tricks, for shitting on the trail?
>>
Use leaves pussy
>>
>>1075776
I forgot to mention... desert hike. There were exactly zero suitable leaves for wiping ass on the trail I was on.
>>
>>1075782
>inb4 use cactus

So many gear pics often omit TP. Maybe it would be shown if there were MSR Hiking TP at 35 USD for a roll of 50 sheet.
>>
>>1075772
Take a close-able container and PACK IT OUT.
>>
>>1075792
no thank you.
>>
Give me some techniques and I'll try it out this week. I'll post pics and see what you think.
>>
>>1075772
Insert a skin tight glass cylinder inside you're asshole when you need to poop. It eliminates the need to wipe and its reusable.
>>
>>1075807
this person has the right idea.
you could aim it just as if you're taking a piss
>>
File: 1449061896734.png (8KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449061896734.png
8KB, 640x480px
>be hunting forest chicken
>digestive system suddenly decides small town gravy from the night before has overstayed its visa
>OH FUG
>can barely walk
>find a spot and squat with the power of a small combloc country
>DOOT DOOT
>wipe with birch bark
>feels good man
>decided that when I die I want my ashes to be put into a birch bios urn
>>
>>1075817
OP here, funny enough, it was gravy that I ate at breakfast which I think did me in. The shit was approximately the consistency of the breakfast I ate.
>>
File: TP-Chart.jpg (98KB, 630x644px) Image search: [Google]
TP-Chart.jpg
98KB, 630x644px
>>1075772
here you go
>>
Sit in front of a sapling if possible. Dig a small hole. Squat and hold onto the sapling, and evacuate your bowels. That way you don't have to focus on balancing over your poop.
>>
File: poopinginnnawoods.png (10KB, 392x492px) Image search: [Google]
poopinginnnawoods.png
10KB, 392x492px
>>1075877
Like zis
>>
>>1075876
I'd rather wipe my ass with poison ivy and break my skull down for fire material afterwards than wipe my ass with snow.
>>
>>1075883
Why, it works just fine.
>>
>>1075772
I have some off-the-roll toilet paper that I keep in a ziploc bag in my backpack. It never gets used 99% of the time for day hikes but checking that it's there is always part of the checklist before I get started.
>>
>>1075772
Just fling it into the river.
>>
File: Cathole-2.jpg (180KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cathole-2.jpg
180KB, 900x675px
>>1075772
>>
>>1075788

don't forget the Helinox® Folding Toilet Paper Holder Stand, available for $69.99 with carry bag
>>
I was walking down this gravel road during winter on my way back to the truck after hunting...got hit with the urge to shit bad. Ditches are like 5 feet deep of snow and there were no field entrances for quite aways. So I just set my gun down and took a shit right in the middle of road, luckily it was one of those immaculate turds that didn't require wiping. Just buttoned up my clothes picked up my gun and kicked the turd into the ditch and was on my way.
>>
>>1075788
>he doesn't EDC 250+ denier abrasion resistant toiletpaper composed of no less than 87% polyripstop
Do you even LNT?
>>
File: tubetopoop.jpg (67KB, 497x559px) Image search: [Google]
tubetopoop.jpg
67KB, 497x559px
>>1075807
>>
>>1076045

Or get biodegradable wipes
>>
>>1076045
Normal toilet paper isnt biodegradable?
>>
What I do is, I feed a mouse with its bodyweight worth of loperamide, then attach tick friends to it. Once ticks are half-fed, I freeze them, and when it's time for /out/, attach them to myself. Eventually loperamide from tick buddies finds its way into my bloodstream (you might have to scare them so they regurgitate) and I don't feel the need to poop for as long as I want. Depends on the # of ticks of course.
>>
>>1075794
Fuck you then.

People who leave TP or wipes on the trails should be gassed.

Use anything to do the heavy lifting, rocks, pines cones, sticks, whatever. Then use a small amount of water to bidet. It's not hard. Just pour it down your back or arm.

I'm in week three of a month long hike, which has included dry areas with no soft plant life and haven't used man made product to clean my arse.

Also if your not shitting in a decent sized hole then fuck you.
>>
>>1076097
I shit in a hole wipe with TP and throw it in the hole. Then bury. How deep should the hole be?
>>
>>1076091
It is but takes 3+ months to degrade. That's a long time for your shit tickets to fuck up other people's hikes. Stop being a pussy and leave the loo paper at home.
>>
>>1076100
See >>1076045

If you are going to insist on using toilet paper then pack it out.
>>
>>1076101
>>1076102
I buy the cheapest toilet paper. It's actually gray in color. I am pretty sure it will decay faster than shit-covered leaves.
>>
>>1076045
>worry about how fast your waste will decompose in a hole in the middle of nowhere
>pack out used tp
this is why i hate lnt.
sean bean might pack his shit out when he's in iraq lest he disrupt that fragile ecosystem but fuck the police.
>>
>>1075772

Get an electric screwdriver, and use it to reroll paper from the roll. Put it in a ziplock bag.
>>
>>1076097
Covering your shit with some leaves is enough. Are you afraid of shit? Bugs and animals will eat it.
>>
>>1076097
I'm shitting at your house, with your moms in the bedroom, while you fagsmug about asswipe.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
In the mexican desert they have a technique that uses very little toilet paper since its pretty expensive down there and they dont want to litter the desert.
You have to double it up then poke two fingers through it. Use fingers to wipe your bum then use the toilet paper to wipe off your fingers.
No one is going to complain if you only use one or two squares and leave them in a hole.
>>
>>1076155
haha wait what is that fuckin pic
>>
>>1075878
Flat foot squat or go home. Cleaner for both wiping and splatter/actually hitting the hole.

>>1075772
Just bring a poop trowel and butt wipes.
>>
Bring toilet paper, if u dont have TP use TP, tulip poplar leaves. Pretty good backup ass wipes
>>
>>1076063
Something that I would buy
>>
File: AND_THEN.jpg (76KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
AND_THEN.jpg
76KB, 1024x576px
>>1076037
>deliberately contaminating sources of drinking water
>>
>>1075807
how do u wipe the cylinder
>>
>>1076142
It's just to help it break down faster. I'm not afraid of my shit since I just wipe with my bare hand most the time.
>>
Is it acceptable to bury your toilet paper? It is only paper after all.
>>
>>1076514
Yes it's fine as long as you bury it.
>>
>>1075883
Your loss.
Snow is perfect
>>
>>1076100
6 inches about. Something about bacteria breaking stuff down better nearer to the surface.
>>
>>1076097
>I'm in week three of a month long hike
Browses /out while out fucking kek
>>
>>1076155
We have jokes about this technique but instead of TP you use a regular sheet of paper, fold two times, rip the corner to form a hole, then proceed as you described.

Then the scrap piece of paper you torn from the corner is used to scoop shit from underneath your fingernail kek.
>>
I usually use my socks if I forget wipes.
>>
>>1076045
>>1076102
>instead of burying your tp in a small hole, bring it home with you so waste management can bury it in a larger hole
>>
File: bdedned1.jpg (16KB, 270x180px) Image search: [Google]
bdedned1.jpg
16KB, 270x180px
I vehicle camp. I got one of these if I'm not going to be near a campground.
If an animal just shits and leaves it, then why shouldn't I?
>>
>>1076615
Better than browsing it while in you LARPer
>>
I'm not a cat so I just shit on the ground and walk away with my to strewn about.
>>
File: 1482272527042.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482272527042.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
>>1076699
>I'm not a cat
... Sounds like the kinda thing a cat would say on the internet.
>>
>>1076699
>I'm not a cat so I just shit on the ground and walk away with my to strewn about.
>>>

double dubs, cat confirmed
>>
>>1076634
In elementary school I was on a school trip one guy had to take a shit so bad but didn't have any TP so he wiped his arse with his hoodie and left it in the woods kek
>>
>>1075772
Learned the cathole procedure in the 90's in my backpacking days, now I just dayhike, and crap alfresco maybe a dozen times a year. Get a 4 pack of RV/Marine tp, the kind that breaks down fast. Flatten a roll and stuff it into a Ziploc bag, put in your pack. No need for a trowel, local soil is almost always soft enough you can use the toe of your boot to dig out an adequate sized hole. Bury completely and swish your foot around to make the surface look natural. And for gods sake go off the trail aways, I've stumbled across a woman, and a teenage boy, doing it right on the side of the trail, yuck.

Also everything you've read about the squat position being better than the sit down western toilet position is true. Rapid and complete elimination in the squat once you get the hang of it.
>>
>>1075772
i just udressed my pants and undies, squat in a covered little place, dug a little hole, squat-shit, use big leaves, whipe 4 5 times. done. The first time shitting like that is a very special experience i must say
>>
Do you guys have any tips for plus sized people and pooping outdoors? I'm about 300lbs and I do like to go camping and hiking (I'm very fit for my size), but usually I have to end up holding it because I simply can't squat down like my smaller friends. I did try once and had to call them over to help me stand up, it was humiliating. My BF is about the same size as me and has these issues too. Usually it limits our camping trips to a single night, because by the next morning we both have to go so bad we just want to leave.
>>
>>1076097
I shit in your face.
Come fite me fagget.
>>
>>1076835
Put your back against a tree? Maybe hold the sides with your arms or perhaps tactically fall to the side and not on your poop when you can't stand.

The most efficient thing to do is lose weight so you can enjoy the outdoors to both its and yours's potential.
I know you are saying you are fit now but if you were under 200 and did cardio often you would feel like a god, trust me I was quite a bit larger when I was young and thought it was alright since I could still dayhike.
GG anon.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.