[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flashlights!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: tents.jpg (13KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tents.jpg
13KB, 500x281px
good flashlight brands
gogogo
>>
>>1075693
I use anker 18650 flashlight.
Doesnt look gay
Bright as fug
Waterproof
Tough
Light
Batteries last forever
>>
Led Lenser some of the sturdiest/brightest flashlights around
>>
File: IMG_9110.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9110.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1075693
After buying my first headlamp, I rarely use an actual flashlight /out/doors anymore. Some $30 or $40 Princeton Tec one. Was kinda an impulse buy but I'm very happy I bought it. Has white and red, high and low and I'm still on my first set of 3x AAA batteries over a year into owning it and using it maybe a couple hrs every month fishing in the dark.

Makes me want to buy 2 or 3 more so I can have one in the car and another in the garage.

Actual flashlight I have one of the 2x AA Maglite Pro LED things and it works but I hate the on-off mechanism. I'd rather have a button because sometimes it gets twisted in the tackle bag and turns on itself.
>>
File: v1.jpg (11KB, 330x221px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
11KB, 330x221px
>>1075693
headlamp is main, this is just handy
>>
File: AnkerLC40.jpg (176KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
AnkerLC40.jpg
176KB, 960x960px
Anker LC40 light is best light.
Cheap as fug too
>>
LedLenser is good
>>
>>1075693

I'm a fan of county comms lights.
>>
>>1075727

Anker makes great USB cell phone battery boosters. Do they have any combo devices that are rechargable, can charge your ohone, and are good EDC lights? Say 150/30/5 lumens settings?
>>
Surefire for handhelds. Surprisingly primary arms makes a good 700 lumen one in their "compact weapon light gen 2." Very comparable to the output on my surefire p2x fury 500 lumen. Fury is nice though because it also has a lower 25 lumen mode.
>>
I love my Lumintop Tool AAA. Cheap as fuck and bright enough. Plus I can use it as a headlamp.
>>
File: Feuerhand_276.jpg (134KB, 592x800px) Image search: [Google]
Feuerhand_276.jpg
134KB, 592x800px
Feuerhand :3
>>
I have no idea what brand my headlamp and flashlights are.
>>
>>1075693
Zebralight
>>
>>1075693
No one has mentioned thrunite.

Its worrying to think you guys frequent this board and know nothing of a good flashlight.

You dont deserve my help as all previously mentioned have no practical use out in the feild. And the fag that said the batteries last for ever is because you dont get /out/ and use the gear. You use it in your bedroom at night to find your blanky
>>
cheap Petzl headlamps. never saw much use for a extra bright flashlight when camping .
>>
>>1077487
Why should anyone mention it?
> Cree LED
> 18650 battery
> They all look the same and probably come from the same OEM in China
>>
>>1075693
Handheld:
>surefire
>streamlight
>pelican
Headlamp:
>Petzl
>Black Diamond
>>
>>1077487
That's because flashlights have been largely replaced for outdoorsmen by headlamps.
>>
Is Fenix a meme?
>>
>>1077565
They're good for the money and decent over all, but I'd rather a Pelican or Streamlight.
>>
>>1075693
I love Energizer brand headlamps for durability and because I like the two-switch style for red/white light. I've been thinking about getting an olight for an EDC flashlight. I've heard good things about Fenix.

Anyone have feedback on olight?
>>
>>1077489
+1. So much more useful unless you need a fucking spotlight.

>>1077490
Kek. It's kinda funny because so many of these expensive flashlights are basically the same thing as cheaper Chinese ones. Only difference is the overpriced ones have bodies that were CNC'd in the US. Not like it fucking makes a difference because an aluminum tube is still an aluminum tube and won't be the first thing to fail on a flashlight unless you really fuck up.

>inb4 butthurt
Deal with it. I understand your $150 fleshlight has 1,000,000,000 kilolumens that burns out the battery in 45sec, but there is a lot of similar stuff that is 90% as good for 20% the price.

>>1077584
>Pelican
Is it the same company that makes the boxes?
>>
>>1075701
>>1075727
This
Under $20
And if you aren't using an 18650 flashlight, you may as well stay home.
>>
>>1077591
Yes, the same company that makes the ridiculously expensive guncases and waterproof boxes.

They're literally soldier-proof (that's how I got mine, landed on it on a training jump. Worked just fine despite literally having been buried in the NC swamps for several years with just a battery swap).

They're also surprisingly affordable, running $25-40 for most handhelds. They even make dive lights good to 100m.
>>
>>1077591
>+1. So much more useful unless you need a fucking spotlight.
More and more headlamps (especially black diamond) come with spotlight and floodlight modes.
>>
I have the Olight S30R II 18650 flashlight and a Wowtac A2S headlamp, I like it but I bought it because of the nifty USB charging stand but if I had done it again I'd just buy a cheaper lamp and a dedicated battery charger.

The difference in performance between a $30-50 lamp and a $70-80 lamp isn't really worth justifying even with extra features like USB charging. The power button on the S30R II feels a bit flimsy as well for a light in this price range.
>>
>implying one brand is consistently good
every brand has shit products you should ask for good torch models not brands
>>
>>1077584
I'm hooked on streamlight they have a little one that will hook onto the bill of a hat. Use it daily as a mechanic, also nifty at night sc/out/ing.

MicroStream, Black, White LED-2Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L1YQAOY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7qgJzb7271H9Y
>>
>>1077648
Damn, at <$40 I would be down with that. Suprised they're so affordable considering the prices of their boxes.

>>1077651
Yeah this too. If you need the actual spot you can find headlamps. There is a price jump tho with some of them. But with regular headlamps that still get bright enough for 99% of activities, there are so many good choices for $20-$40 and even some of the cheap $10 ones work well.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.