[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these chantrelles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1106.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1106.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
they smell like apricot, and have false gills, but i'm not sure.
>>
File: IMG_1105.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1105.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1074779
more images
>>
>>1074779

Don't take the word of anyone that responds. If you aren't 1000% sure you know what something is and that it's safe to eat, it is to be considered toxic. Day one stuff, bro.
>>
File: IMG_1112.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1112.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1074779
>>
Are they wet? Usually they aren't slimy. Also, a region will help. Were they growing in a cluster or individually? On dirt? Wood? Are you SURE they weren't growing out of a burried log?
>>
>>1074787
>Don't take the word of anyone that responds.
So much this.

Get yourself a good myco book, and be mindful of the fact that you'll sometimes see what you want to see, always be certain.
>>
>>1074840
they are wet from me (regrettably) soaking them. i live in upstate new york. there were some in clusters of 2-3 and they were all in 20 feet of eachother, growing mostly independent none on any wood.
>>
>>1074857
>>1074787
thank you both
>>
>>1074779
They certainly aren't false chantrelles (aka jack'o'lanterns) which is the biggest culprit for poisonings. I would say you're probably good to go (but again, with a grain of salt, etc.)
>>
Are they organic?
>>
>>1074779
The apricot pudding smell is actually a dead giveaway for very fresh chanterelles. No similar mushroom shares that trait, either.
>>
>>1075215
no, they're plastic
>>
>>1074779
Most toxins don't work in reasonable quantities, even if they were toxic you would have to eat a whole one to become very sick.
A good bet is to cut a sliver off, cook it, and eat it. Afterwards sleep it off. If you didn't get food poisoning try more until you know they are safe
>>
99% those are chanterelles, congrats.
>>
>>1074779
They sure look like chantrelles
>>
They look extremely like them.
I'd eat'em.
Feed them to your parents first
>>
>>1076168
I think some of the shrooms can kill you even with a tiniest bite.

Also false chantrelles are edible, and as far as I know the only other shroom that looks like chantrelle, while toxic, only gives you nausea, diarrhea and vomiting.
>>
>>1076694
And you can stop when you are shitting only a little bit of your brains out
>>
>>1076694
Some of them also take a couple of days to kill you.
>>
>>1074779
take a nibble and report back
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.