[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone up for meeting up near Casper WY? A buddy of mine has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: mgtow eclipse.jpg (136KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
mgtow eclipse.jpg
136KB, 640x476px
Anyone up for meeting up near Casper WY?
A buddy of mine has a piece of undeveloped land up there that he we can have a good sized gathering on.
I figure anons from the Denver area can make the trip up and camp overnight and go back once traffic has died down however long that takes.
Anyway just trying to gauge interest.
>>
Don't eat the brownies.
>>
>>1074431
A few anons are planning on meeting in Grand Teton/Jackson for the eclipse if you feel like traveling. I'm in northern CO and would be a lot more willing to drive to Casper than Jackson, but you may want to go ask /k/ and /p/ so there would be a few more people meeting up
>>
Im down
>>
>>1074547
I would not be opposed to the tetons. Do those guys have a place to stay set up?
Ira Flatow is heading to casper so i figure it is one of the better spots for viewing.
>>
>>1074438
eat the brownies they're high in protein
>>
File: bakers-edge-brownie-pan-8.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bakers-edge-brownie-pan-8.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>1074438
>>1074663
Wow so it looks like no one is going to want my eclipse brownies I was going to make :_;
>>
Where are denverites going?
>>
god I hate being in Texas sometimes. Really should move north someday.
>>
Is there any dispersed camping near Casper?
>>
>tfw going to GSMNP instead of Gros Ventre

I really hope I don't regret this.
>>
My entire state is in the eclipse path but it's going to be cloudy sand rainy all day that day (according to the weather) all over the state. Can't the government use their weather machines to disperse the clouds?
>>
>>1077546
How can ypu know that more than two weeks away?
>>
HAARP is needed to pacify NK, can't be using it for the eclipse. Just watch it online yo.
>>
File: DD_SL_Tarp_gallery_03.jpg (255KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
DD_SL_Tarp_gallery_03.jpg
255KB, 750x500px
Was are the dispersed camping rules for wyo?
Can i just find an old logging road in the totality somewhere?
>>
>>1078867
You can legally camp anywhere in Wyoming as long as you don't get caught
>>
>>1078879
They are going to be policing pretty hard for the eclipse.
Would like to camp free and legal.
>>
File: 1500224772177.jpg (33KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
1500224772177.jpg
33KB, 500x472px
Are most people not interested in the eclipse?
I would have thought this would be the main topic here all month.
Camping for the eclipse seems like the event of a lifetime to me.
>>
>>1079291
>1 law enforcement per 500 square miles

Man up Nancy boy I'm sure you can run the gauntlet
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>1079677
Still, I am no scofflaw , I would much rather do it correctly.
>>
>>1079771
Wouldn't they cluster the cops near main roads and towns anyway? It's not like they space them out in a gird.
>>
>>1080976
All 500+ employees of Grand Teton will be patrolling the park. Dispersed camping in Bridger-Teton National Forrest would probably be yall's best bet. I would take Gros Ventre Road out to around the Slide Lakes and camp back in there somewhere then drive out to the park EARLY to get a parking spot. I'd suggest coming like Friday and spending the weekend or it might be impossible to even find a place to disperse camp that's not miles and miles away.
>>
>>1080995
What if you want to stay closer to Casper?
I want to try and meet Ira Flatow
>>
>>1080995
What about eastern WY or Western NE?
>>
>>1081002
very homosecks and the women hide behind every tree
>>
>>1080995
What about the area around Curtis Canyon? It's in Bridger-Teton with plenty of dispersed spots but real close to Jackson and I'd be showing up Sunday night. My truck can handle venturing out a bit farther if necessary. Also any fire bans?
>>
>>1081217
Curtis might work. Could be a nightmare to get back to. You could also try north around Baldy Mountain near Moran. I would imagine most people would be coming from the North or South and not the East. You could try west of the Wind River Reservation in the Forrest Service land that butts up against it. Nobody is ever out there anyway and you would completely avoid the shit show out here.

>>1081002
>>1081000
Not sure gentleman. Not too familiar with those parts.
>>
>>1081217
Oh and we're at Stage-1 fire restriction which means fires at designated camp sites only.
>>
>>1081335
Thanks anon, you seem to be our only wyoming guy
>>
Fuck, denver is sold out of eclipse glasses
>>
>driving 12 hours to go see it
>won't be able to see it because can't get glasses

Kill me senpai
>>
>>1083580
Same boat but I am only driving 5 hours.
I dont even have a place to camp , just going to try to sleep in my van somewhere around casper.
>>
File: denver-colorado.jpg (3MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
denver-colorado.jpg
3MB, 1800x1200px
Denver anons i know you are hoarding up all the eglibse glasses.
Pls gib now
>>
IF YOU DRIVE TO THE CENTER OF ITS PATH
YOU DO NOT NEED GLASSES
The sun will be completely covered for 2 minutes, and you can stare straight at it. That's the cool part anyway.
>>
>>1084114
That in olny a small part of the show
>>
>>1084114
>YOU DO NOT NEED GLASSES
only during totality. 1 second before and 1 second after you still need them
>>
I plan on setting up a booth during the eclipse where i let cute girls look through my eclipse glasses but only while they are sitting on my lap.
Solar santa i will call myself since i am fat and beardy
>>
Gib glasses
>>
File: 1487797485046.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1487797485046.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
>>1084268
lolnope
>>
>>1084273
Anon you have six pair.
Why not share a few with your fellow /out/ists.
I can meet you at common grounds coffee in the morning.
What do you say?
>>
Guys if i dont find some glasses i am going to cry
>>
>>1084411
You can make a "camera obscura"-type device to project the image of the eclipse through a pinhole and onto a flat surface within a dark chamber. Look that shit up son
>>
>>1084411
They are giving them away for free in my town
>>
>>1084415
Gayest way ever to look at the sun
>>
>>1084569
Yep. Personally I'll be looking directly at it using binoculars
>>
>>1084575
>Is there anything chad cant do?
>>
>>1074431
Will I be able to see the eclipse michigan?
>>
>>1074431
Can I bring my parents? They're "cool" parents
>>
>>1084898
Is your mom hot?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.