[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wood gas or rocket stove?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Wood gas or rocket stove?
>>
>>1073928
>Prius or F350?
Well, it would help if we knew what you planned on using it for, dipshit.
>>
Alcohol burner or gas burner?
>>
>>1073978
Gas is safest, but can be difficult to get in some places. Alcohol/multifuel stoves are more prepper proof and will work in more ghetto conditions and in more places and you can run a multifuel with kerosene and gasoline and so on.

You can control the gas flame intensity but not alcohol/multifuel so if you plan to cook other than water, like simmer porridge at 25% intensity, or make that innawoods beef Wellington which would make Gordon proud, then gas is the way.

There is no universal answer. It depends on what you want and how you plan to use it, and where.

Of course, keep in mind the dual-use of ethanol as a recreation substance and sterilization/wound cleaning agent.
>>
>>1073928
wood gas
>>
File: 1491924934904.jpg (200KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
1491924934904.jpg
200KB, 960x716px
>>1074010
/thread

if this doesn't satisfy OP then I don't know what will
>>
>>1074010
Partly wrong. See that little black top on a trangia?

It's a swivel lid, to control the intensity of the flame from a trangia. You push it open to allow full heat and close it to shut off the fire. It lets you simmer and increases your efficiency massively.

I use a Firebox Nano 2 and a brass trangia with the simmering lid. Works nicely, firebox is a wind shield and stand for trangia, it's as light as a canister stove and I have the option to burn wood really well.

IMHO wood gas is the most fun, the lightest and most versatile. A cheap titanium folding wood stove, a trangia or titanium alcohol stove with a simmer lid, and a little bottle of fuel = all you'll ever need, with the ability to make a little nice wood campfire too.
>>
>>1074533
Playing with the simmer ring while Trangia is in use is a bit difficult. It can be done with some practise of course but gas burners just have a knob.
>>
>>1074010
>You can control the gas flame intensity but not alcohol/multifuel ...
Well my alcohol stove is adjustable with a little knob but maybe that doesn't adjust the GAS FLAME INTENSITY.
>>
Best multifuel stove?
>>
>>1074626
You use a Featherfire? What are your experiences with it?

The Featherfire web site indicates it is a bit slow desu. (6 min from 15C to boil for 0.5l) Though light weight. It got me interested.
>>
>>1073928
If you're hiking and putting in miles, go for the jet stove. If you're staying in place, either or neither.

It's not a coincidence that jet stoves are by far the most popular cook system with through hikers.
>>
Aren't wood stoves the best? Some of them are light and small. Not to mention you'll have a large amount of fuel around you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.