[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bike Wanderer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0434.jpg (52KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0434.jpg
52KB, 750x422px
Is Iohan an /out/ legend? Does /out/ even know about Iohan or am I just late to the party?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOrCDDpk39gq3jG4ftOO9JXuCONU_p4nM
>>
>>1073913
This guy is the craziest son of a bitch I've ever seen.

I admire him. I fear him. I want to have a beer with him. I want to have 30 beers with him. I want to ride across many places with him, so long as those pkaces aren't the fucking North Pole. That crazy bastard.

People call me crazy for the adventures I go on, this guy is so far beyond what I would ever consider doing.
>>
>>1073934

The craziest thing is he goes with the flow the entire time and has no real set plan. The craziest part was him biking from Mexico to Argentina without knowing any Spanish when he got there. He was almost completely fluent by the time he got to Colombia. I'm wanting to plan a trip similar to his from Tuktayuktuk all the way to San Francisco while stopping to hit every National Park I can in the North west.

I added him on Facebook and he gave me some good advice, but most of the shit you need to know is all on his website. He's really fucking good at editing
>>
>>1073940
what does he do for money/work?
>>
>>1073942
He was a seasonal tree planter in Canada, now I think sponsorships and patreon are enough that he doesn't need to work to fund his tours. He has a website/blog too

Iohan's videos are woefully underrated. Many of them have under 10k views, honestly a diamond in the rough.
Like what the fuck, he started at the northern tip of Canada in WINTER, rode his bike on the frozen ocean down through the US and he's in Colombia now. Absolute fucking madman, but he's made it through it all no worse for wear.
I think most of us want to go on an adventure like this, I know I live vicariously through his videos, because I likely will never be in a position to do what he does.
>>
>>1073945
The video of him at the North Pole was scary as hell. That would have doubtlessly killed most people that attempted that. Hes a different species.
>>
>>1073945
Actually just talked to him. He's in Ecuador now

>>1073947

fucking Bulgarians
>>
>>1073947
I think there's a lot more planning than what we see in the videos. I'm tempted to ask him how he did manage to not die, though.
>>
>>1073913
These videos are amazing, thanks for posting this OP
>>
>>1073913
Watched most of his vids, traveling-wise they're good, nothing outstanding though, a lot of people do the same routes, but the narration and editing sucks, otherwise the views rate would be higer.
>>
>>1074064

Take a shot every time he pets a dog or sees a bear
>>
>>1074076
Watch him bike through the arctic and repeat what you just said
>>
>>1074227
Read the posts you reply to, it will keep you from showing yourself as an ingnorant young man with questionable geography knowledge. His content could have been much better, with larger audience, but the amount of effort he puts into his journeys is being wasted due to the absence or very poor planning and scripting. Watching the ride along the road with trucks and snowmobiles passing by, is barely interesting enough to be worth attention. His cycling tours lack any sort of goals or terms, which always make him look stranded and rise pity. The interstates doesn't like sloths, when you have purpose in your trip you don't pay attention who's on the road or who's around, neither the drivers mention you, everybody minds his own business. Putting yourself in dependant condition while you're surrounded by people is not cool.
>>
>>1074291
I don't think a social aspect to the touring is a bad thing, it seems to really enrich the videos in my opinions.
I enjoy watching the ride along the road, if you wanted to see the destinations you could just google pictures or videos.
I do agree that putting himself in a dependent position (He often eats + sleeps at random people's houses) is wrong, I do hope he is compensating these people for their hospitality.
>>
>>1074344

He does, and mentions it quite often. A lot of those people invite him into their homes because some people aren't paranoid and shitty 24/7
>>
>>1074291
You have no idea what you're talking about. At all. I can't believe you wrote that whole thing when you're so under the bar on this. Damn son.
>>
>>1074291
well said
>>
>>1074445

For real though. There is an entire community of goddamn useless hobos on this board and you're going to bitch about a dude who biked/paddled 40,000 miles cross-country in the last 5 years to accomplish something most people will never be able to do. Probably including you on that list.
>>
>>1074291

Meant to target that last comment at you and agree with
>>1074445

My bad faggots
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.