[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the whole survival/bushcraft fad please die soon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: mqdefault.jpg (15KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
15KB, 320x180px
Too many stupid socialmedia-scum are getting in to it now. At least were I am. Worst thing is they probably can't go on a trip without "documenting" it. Even worse more and more people who shouldn't be giving people advice, because of their (to some) obvious lack of skill and knowledge, are trying to make themselves into online-bushcraft gurus (this goes for backpacking as well to an extent). Probably up to 50% of the youtube videos on "bushcraft" are useless.

Even worse is that with a surge in popularity, and people being morons who don't know about LNT, I notice more and more trees randomly cut down, abandoned camps, and I actually think is going to become a problem for nature in some places.

pic related: dutch morons
>>
>>1073429
I love these two guys. And under 'love' i mean 'dislike strongly' because of their superficial knowledge of things they do and things they review.
>>
>>1073433
Not to mention their obvious shilling.
>>
File: 1487380219860.jpg (20KB, 466x490px) Image search: [Google]
1487380219860.jpg
20KB, 466x490px
>>1073429
> watching youtube

Found your mistake.
>>
>>1073444
True I guess
>>
>>1073429
I didn't went out since I was a kid and now I prepared for months to do it. It's taking so long because I'll go alone and don't want die doing it. /out/ helped along the way and so did YT. I'm an Adult and can discern between good advice and not so good advice. If someone goes out to film or is follwing a bad advice and get's into trouble with the autorities, hunters or is dying as a result, then I'm okay with that. That's life! Stupidity kills.
>>
>>1073434
>'Hey guys, today we will be flexshing our mushclesh and shilling exshpenshive thingsh our parentsh bought for ush'
>>
YouTube knife reviews used to be a middle aged German guy with mutton chops cutting pallets behind his Father's house.
>>
>>1073460
Hey man I'm not trying to take anything away from your experience, and I'm happy for you that your interest has been rekindled. I'm also happy that your critical of the opinions you find on the internet, whether on YT or here. I'm also ok with the things you mention. I am, however, not okay with so-called "bushcraft" turning into what I like to refer to as maximum impact-camping. I'm not okay with people cutting down trees just to test their new gear, or build a camp.
>>
>>1073467
haha those were the days. I think I know who you're reffering to.
>>
>>1073484
>not okay with cutting dead standing on private property or natl forest
Leave no trace is for fags
>>
>>1073505
Dead standing wood is an important habitat for lots of species. If you permission to cut down wood it's a different thing.
>>
>>1073429
Where will I get my keks?
>>
>>1073518
Doing this while having an axe made me already kek, but doing it with something that apears to be a ceramic knife was gold. Nice post.
>>
>>1073518
oh my god he did it with the fucking bear grylls shit knife
lmao
>>
>>1073548
>>1073555
ikr
>>
>>1073566
>if u don't know how u don't know how
>>
>>1073566
Wow, I was just waiting for him to hurt himself while watching that. Who even processes logs like that while /out/?
>>
>>1073568
Manchildren.
>>
>>1073568
It is the equivalent of running with an assault rifle on full auto and expending a trillion rounds of ammunition, akin to what one sees in movies. Just not the way to do it.
>>
>>1073568
I use batoning to create kindling when I am not allowed to collect and burn from the woods. I don't use it for splitting whole logs, but I do for cutting off small sticks.
>>
>>1073572

What is the fucking point of using an uneven surface as your workbench god damn it man.
>>
>>1073467
>>1073486
Was it this guy?

https://youtu.be/Mz6KHl5HbNk

Back when 9 minutes was a really long time and, 100k views was reserved for music videos, and you had to pay for your own knives.

Truly the Wild West era.
>>
File: 63837074.webm (976KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
63837074.webm
976KB, 640x480px
>>1073572
wtf the girls look so impressed.. I def will try batoning.. how long do I need for mastering it?
>>
>>1074053
Probably forever, since you seem to be a retard.
>>
>>1074013
For splitting small kindling from sticks it makes sense. But doing it on logs that size is just dumb.
>>
>>1074047
3:30 Battony chop chop commences
>>
File: 1352523064246.jpg (7KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1352523064246.jpg
7KB, 252x240px
>>1073566
>I've been cucked by a fucking log!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.