[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FL/out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3160.jpg (33KB, 750x571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3160.jpg
33KB, 750x571px
Thinking of going beach camping in Florida over the winter to surf fish and walk a ton.
Anywhere suggestible?
>>
>>1073375
If you don't get eaten by alligators, report back. Actually, report back regardless.
>>
File: IMG_3236.jpg (48KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3236.jpg
48KB, 600x400px
>>1073378
>alligators
Would you suggest CA instead? Shouldn't alligators be more dormant in the winter.
>>
>>1073379
>Shouldn't alligators be more dormant in the winter.
Alligators live down south because they don't go dormant.

Besides, big alligators aren't very salt-tolerant. It's one of their major differences with crocodiles. You're pretty safe from gators on a beach.
>>
>>1073375
Not gonna happen. You gonna get kicked off by patrol.
>>
>>1073888

This. Florida is one of those super touristy states with not a speck of sand that isn't in the shadow of a hotel or condo. Go to Georgia or Alabama, maybe even Louisiana if you want to camp on a public beach.
>>
>>1074039
Alabama fag here. Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are pretty strict about this as well, but there's no harm in trying. There are a few stretches without nearby condos and one great area with just beach houses that are mostly empty during the off season
>>
Clubhouse beach. Its in the evergldes, only acessable by 7 mile hike or boat. You cAn
Camp
There and have a fire too. During winter between the permit and campsite will cost like 10 bucks
>>
spent two months last year kayak camping in florida. rv camped at curry hammock sp and eventually paddled to bamboo key for a bit. went up to oyster bay chicky and paddled to north river. lots of things to see. what type of camping are you doing?
>>
Any good campsites in South Carolina? I'd like to go to the appalachin mountains in SC and camp deep innnawoods away from people for a week. Any suggestions
>>
Cape San Blas
>>
>>1077077
The only parts of South Carolina that really qualify as the Appalachians are the edges of Oconee and Pickens counties, north and west of Clemson and Greenville.

There's some campgrounds and some trails, but if mountains are what you're looking for, honestly you'd be better off crossing the state line into NC.
>>
mexico is the only place you can do this now
>>
>>1073375
See >>1073888 and >>1074039

You gotta go somewhere very quiet. Hell, find a place where you can rent a kayak for a couple days and find an island where you can camp just inland so nobody can see you. I think something like that will be your best bet because any beach you can drive to, they are going to be checking it at night to make sure nobody is sleeping there or causing trouble.
>>
>>1079842
>they are going to be checking it at night to make sure nobody is sleeping there
land of the free
>>
>>1079852
I mean if you can get to one that's not private property or some incorporated city's park, then you will be straight. I'm sure with a small boat or kayak, it would be much easier. But anything you can drive to is going to be treated like any city park where it closes at dusk or 10pm-midnight.
>>
>>1079879
In texas no one can stop you from camping on the beach.
Its your right.
>>
>>1073888

This, although you could try the area around Indiatlantic and Melbourne. I spent most of my car-homeless time there and didn't get busted for a couple months until I got caught sleeping in my car at Walmart. It's a very sleepy area for Florida, lots of fishing.
>>
>>1073864
Gators' metabolisms slow considerably when it's cold out; they don't enter hibernation though, they brummate.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.