[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you listen to while hiking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: dinosaur-jr_1.jpg (176KB, 896x896px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur-jr_1.jpg
176KB, 896x896px
What do you listen to while hiking?
>>
>>1072966
Mostly birds, insects, my footsteps and the wind
>>
>>1072966

>dinosaur jr

excellent taste anon but i recommend following other anon's lead in leaving the tunes at home
>>
>>1073000
trips speaks truth
/thread
>>
>>1073000

This. I listen to music I the car or while at work. When I'm /out/ in nature I don't any reminders of my shitty normie life.
>>
File: IMG_1327.jpg (15KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.jpg
15KB, 220x200px
I listen to my thoughts and nature. Hopefully these are loud enough to drown out the tinnitus which has become my permanent hiking buddy
>>
nature
>>
my surroundings
>>
>>1073018
My thoughts are an endless random stream of nothing at all useful or cathartic. Is this normal?
>>
>>1073844
Probably. I will have aimless thoughts all day when hikin. After a few hours they typically slow way down and it becomes way easier to tuna out and admire nature. Just hike really long and allow yourself to think
>>
nature
>>
File: infinity.jpg (198KB, 1200x583px) Image search: [Google]
infinity.jpg
198KB, 1200x583px
Image related
>>
>>1072966
I usually just repeat songs stuck in my head over and over again while Im hiking.
>>
>>1072966
Much Zeppelin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y2yoadwSQ0
>>
I hiked the Appalachian Trail from the border of PA and NY to the end in Maine over about 2 months. In the beginning I was just listening to music, mostly calm relaxing stuff like Sufjan Stevens, Fleet Foxes, Explosions in the Sky or Godspeed You Black Emperor. After like a week of that I got bored and moved to walking with just the sounds of nature. That was nice for a while but got boring after like another week. Finally ended upon a good mixture of 1/3 podcasts (The Moth, The Bunker, This American Life, Welcome to Nightvale), 1/3 silence and 1/3 music like I listed before. If I was getting real tired I'd put on some heavier music like Run the Jewels or Rage Against the Machine
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ
>>
>>1073894
Yep! This also works when biking. The longer you go, the more time you have to reach that state of reduced "outside world" thought
>>
>>1072966
urban field recordings
>>
>>1073000
Ideally this^ but if it's a crowded trail I might put an earbud in with some classical shit or some other instrumental stuff.
>>
>>1073932
>Appalachian Trail
Nice. I did Amicalola falls to Franklin NC this year. I wanted to thru hike, but got extremely bored. I'm okay with just doing sections
>>
Goatmoon
>>
File: clapping-gif7.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
clapping-gif7.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1073000
F•P•B•P
>>
>>1074766
i kekked
>>
>>1073922
I only do that when something gets stuck in my head. Like, "Prisencolinensinainciusol".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8
>>
>>1072966
Nature.. but if i do listen to music i listen to the doors
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.