[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips on how to explore a forest at night?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 20161122_173410.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_173410.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>1072585
NVGs
>>
File: IMG_0101.jpg (108KB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0101.jpg
108KB, 600x875px
Watch out for Wendigos
>>
File: wolf1.png (2MB, 890x1350px) Image search: [Google]
wolf1.png
2MB, 890x1350px
>>1072598
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>1072585
Headlamp > Flashlight
>>
File: shadow dog.webm (835KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
shadow dog.webm
835KB, 1080x608px
I go out at night all the time.
>>
Headlamp. Extra flashlight.

I grew up out in the country with plenty of woodland on our property, and we would go out in them at night all the time and spook ourselves. All we ever brought were weapons and flashlights. I guess bring a machete or axe or something to clear brush.
>>
Get your eyes used to the dark and don't twist your ankle wear some boots or someshit and tie them tight like hockey skates I once had to walk 40km on two twisted ankles on the bruce trail that shit was hell
>>
File: JP_Night_Vision_Goggles.jpg (34KB, 1017x558px) Image search: [Google]
JP_Night_Vision_Goggles.jpg
34KB, 1017x558px
>>1072593
>>
Also, don't explore a forest at night. You explore it in daytime, get familiar with landmarks and then you can proceed at night at your own risks.

There is a forest not far from where I live and there's plenty of bike trails in it, it's really fun to ride them at night with a lamp. Would recommend.
>>
>these cowards suggesting you use a headlamp

You have 4 more senses.
>>
>>1072616
>when you expect jumpscare but there is no jumpscare but then there's a jumpscare
>>
>>1072585
Don't run, you'll trip.

t.
split my leg open many years ago running in the woods at night.

That said, best to use NVG's, headlamps, or flashlights, but if it's a pretty good moon out that night with low cloud cover you can walk around with just the moonlight guiding you - I recommend this. It's extremely peaceful, and if you're deep innawoods on a full moon night you'll be blown away at just how bright the fucker can be.
>absolutelycozy/10
>>
>>1072585
Assuming you have at least average night vision, you shouldn't use flashlights as they just limit your field of vision to their cone of light. If you have sub-par night vision, put a red filter on to at least keep what nightvision you have.

As others have already said, wear proper footwear - but don't tie the boots to tight. If you have proper boots, the leather should stop your ankles from bending sideways even if they're loosely tied. tying them tighter just stops you ankles from bending forward as well, placing unnecessary stress on your knees.

That's it for equipment. Rest is about behaviour:

Night is the time most animals are the most active, so wearing a bell or singing is generally a good idea. Trust me, you don't want to come face to face with a boar - you'll only notice them when you're already to close to flee. better to make them notice you. carrying a weapon is also a good idea, preferably some kind of pointed walking stick.

Stay away from wet paths, you won't be able to see the slippery spots as easily as in daylight.

If you're camping, it's a good idea to put fluorescent or tritium lights on the tents groundlines close to the entrance so you don't trip on them when returning. Same with any loose gear you're carrying so you find it easier if it falls to the ground.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.