[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know the best sunglasses for being outside? I spend a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

Anyone know the best sunglasses for being outside? I spend a lot of time indoors and on computers.... in a few weeks ill be outside on a boat for long periods of time. Also would be nice for the sunny days on land. I want the most coverage and protection. Been through a few oakleys and really liked the lens on the last one but didn't like the form factor. I don't care if I look like I'm an old blind guy, I want protection.
>>
wayfarers are my go to, theyre plastic and the glass is super tough and doesnt scratch.

you also dont look like a bug
>>
File: maxim-ballistic-spectacles[1].jpg (10KB, 400x339px) Image search: [Google]
maxim-ballistic-spectacles[1].jpg
10KB, 400x339px
>>1072238
I use the 3M Maxim with bronze lenses. Gives almost full coverage with UV blocking and anti-fog lenses. Also provides impact protection. Cheap, and comes from a reputable company.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-PPE-Safety-Solutions/Personal-Protective-Equipment/Products/Product-Catalog/~/3M-Maxim-Protective-Eyewear-13251-00000-20-Bronze-Lens-Black-Temple-20-EA-Case?N=8702120+8702287+3291178780+3294529207&rt=rud
>>
>>1072249
Didn't realize 3m made sunglasses. Makes sence since I know their safety glasses. I'll have to take a look at what they have.
>>
>>1072238

I use Wiley X Saber

They arent even that expensive, they're tough as fuck and give full coverage, also useful for wind and skiing.
>>
>>1072238
>on a boat
get polarized lenses
>coverage & protection
most "sport" sunglasses. it helps to try them on and see if the lenses actually cover your eyes downward, especially if sunlight will be reflecting up off the water
look @ oakley jawbreaker. you can find some good quality fakes w/ polarized lenses
>>
>>1072243
>not wearing bug glasses
lmao
>>
File: costa.jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
costa.jpg
5KB, 318x159px
>>1072238
If you're gonna be on a boat, might as well spring for the Costas
The guys in the fishing general could probably hook you up with a discounted pair, since fisherman get deals on them
>>
>>1072238
$10 walmart glasses. You'll thank me after you lose/break them on babby's first boat ride.

If you manage to hang on to them, use some screen protectors on the lenses to protect from scratches in the future, unscrew the tiny screws holding the arms onto the frame and place a teeny tiny drop of superglue on the screws before screwing them back in to keep the arms from coming loose. You now have $70 sunglasses for ~$20, less if you're a smart shopper.
>>
File: IMG_0841.jpg (35KB, 957x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0841.jpg
35KB, 957x463px
>>1072238
I like the Spy Helms. They are like wayfarers with a slightly squared off bottoms. It's a more modern look imo
>>
>>1072517
this
most gas stations/convenience stores near the water carry a lot of sunglasses. find some polarized ones that wrap around your face and buy them. It's a proven fact that the more $ you spend on sunglasses, the faster you will lose them
>>1072531
A lot of reflected light from the water will leak in around the edges.
>>
Just make sure whatever you buy has 99.9% uva/uvb protection. Clear glasses with uva/uvb protection are better than tinted glasses with out it, actually tinted glasses without uva/uvb protection is absolutely terrible, because your pupils dilate allowing even more uva/uvb into the eye.

Anyways others have mentioned good cheap options, here is another...Stihl has a decent line up of protective eye wear that others 99.9% uva/uvb protection and is also ansi rated for impact...they are also under $20 a pair. If you want some nice glasses you could look at Maui Jim's...but it is pretty shitty to loose a 200-300 dollar pair of glasses in the water.
>>
>>1072238
Something cheap and polarized, just make sure it has full UV protection. My current pair are Suncloud, decent quality and not too expensive.

>>1072243
My Wayfarers were great until I lost them, now I wear $50 sunglasses. Also I like looking like a bug.
>>
>>1072238
I bought some polarized sunglasses from Costco for $20, they're great except for looking like an old blind guy.
>>
File: lenses.gif (11KB, 264x236px) Image search: [Google]
lenses.gif
11KB, 264x236px
nike maxsight contact lenses
>>
File: CLS_September_A09_Fig04.jpg (43KB, 375x225px) Image search: [Google]
CLS_September_A09_Fig04.jpg
43KB, 375x225px
>>1072619
>>
File: 1477017603492.jpg (58KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1477017603492.jpg
58KB, 720x960px
$15/pair safety glasses. >dat z87
>or is it z89
>one's for hard hats, other's for eye pro; I can never remember which one's which
Break/scratch/damage/lose them? no big deal.

Mirrored sunglasses during the day, but I carry a clear pair in my pack.

Non-polarized because >motorcycle. Polarized makes water/oil on the road invisible.

If you're on a boat, go for polarized. Does cut a lot of glare off the water.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.