[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bible Belters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0042.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0042.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
Any Tennessee/Georgia/Alabama /out/ists?

I live in Chattanooga and want to know some good spots to hike and good wilderness to traverse within 100 miles of the city. It's crazy living in a mountain city but you still can't get away from the fucking hipsters.
>>
File: blood_mountainlarge.gif (58KB, 600x845px) Image search: [Google]
blood_mountainlarge.gif
58KB, 600x845px
Atlanta anon here. North Georgia along the Appalachians is gorgeous. Check out Blood Mountain in North GA, it has some pretty nice waterfall areas. I do multiple day hikes around there with my dad all the time. It's a little more well traveled by hikers because it's trail oriented, but my dad can't climb like he used to so we gotta make due.
>>
>>1071176

Where do you start and where do you finish?
>>
Dawson Forest, in Georgia. It used to be a US Air Force nuclear power research facility. There are still some cement structures and underground places to sneak into. It is a solid day hiking/urbex location.
>>
>>1071451

Nigga did you not watch Stranger Things?
>>
>>1071454
it's the south, carry a gun.
>>
>>1071462

That answers my question.
>>
>>1071462
How necessary is the gun? Don't want to get a felony trespassing kek
>>
>>1071252
Depends. 1-5 is a nice little hike, but like I said, my dad is pretty old (80) and can't hike more than a few miles anymore. The cluster off to the right has some great waterfalls, but for the best hike you should go from Neels gap to Woody gap. Shouldn't take your that long. There's lots of places to go off trail there too and just explore. I've found an old ass stone house randomly in the woods out there. Spoopy as shit.
>>
>>1071163
Savage Gulf aka Big South Fork is fantastic. Go dayhike Stone Door trail to Big Creek Gulf and return to the Stone Door via Big Creek Rim. Nice challenging 8 miles
>>
>>1071163
Also get this book
>>
>>1071940

Hell yeah it's only an hour away from me. Any fishing in that area?
>>
>>1072001
Unsure, but there's fishing everywhere along Suck Creek rd heading west towards the base of Prentice Cooper in Chattanooga
>>
Arkansas here, what's up yall
>>
>>1071940
I spend a lot of time in BSF. Great area, especially in the fall as it doesn't attract nearly as many fucking people as the Smokies. I also go a few miles up the road to Pickett State Park every August to watch the Perseid meteor shower. Dark as fuck up there, at least by East coast standards.
>>
>>1071940
>>1073392
Also not sure why I got it into my head that Savage Gulf is big south fork when bsf is more Kentucky
>>
>>1071163

The Chattahoochee National Forest is great if you're into wilderness camping. I go to a nice little valley in the Conasauga district where if you're in the center it's five miles till you get to any trails or roads. Just all woods. I really want to go up to the Cohutta Wilderness this fall for some camping. Apparently there is barely any light pollution there, so it's great for star gazing.
>>
Who else /tennesseevalley/ here? Huntsville, AL, reporting in.
>>
Athens, GA here, soon to be Brunswick, GA. Love hiking and camping in north Georgia.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.