[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Waking up sick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1492131479076.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492131479076.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
So i spent 5 days innawoods. Every morning I woke up with a sore throat and headache. Slept about 7 hours a night, regular diet and hydrated. What went wrong?
>>
Allergies, more than likely. Another distinct possibility is that your immune system is just weak as shit
>>
could be cold air, could be high or low humidity, quite reasonably could be an electrolite imbalance
>>
>>1070988
Did you sleep in a hammock? I find the way my hammock makes me lay. If I spend more then 2 hours in it. My throat and nose gets really dry and cold.. I also sleep on my back so. Ground level FTW.
>>
>>1070988

Was it the copious amounts of alcohol you drank the previous night?
>>
going to sleep with any cold air is a real bad idea. youd rather be sweaty. and cover your ears.
>>
>>1070988
how much water did you drink each day?

also was your throat dry? if so it's because of cold air, wear a balaclava with no mouth hole
>>
>>1070988
Generally speaking, only humans carry human diseases. The problem was that you were around people in between camping trips; if you just stayed out there year round, instead of ever going back, you'd never have encountered those disease-carrying disgusting humans.
>>
>>1070988
Breathing in cold air through your mouth. Not a big deal when you sleep indoors but you start to experience the early stages of a cold when you sleep outdoors. Of the heat your body is venting, a lot of it exits through your head since the rest of your body is clothed and bundled when you're sleeping. Wear a hat and cover as much of your head as possible with a scarf or small blanket. Covering your mouth (with a neoprene mask or fabric) will cause condensation from your breath to build up and just freeze your lips and nose. There's not really a good way to prevent the sore throat in the morning, but you can have water ready to boil to make tea first thing when you wake up.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (67KB, 570x485px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
67KB, 570x485px
>>1072732
>only humans carry human diseases
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoonosis#Lists_of_diseases
>>
>>1073700
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoonosis#Lists_of_diseases
"only diseases that routinely involve animal to human transmission, like rabies, are considered direct zoonosis"
Animals typically avoid direct human contact whereas humans will generally walk right up to one another.
>>
Sounds like how I feel every morning. I have a hiatal hernia. Could be acid reflux.
>>
It's most likely differences in humidity in the air that you are used to sleeping in and outside. This can really dry out your throat.
>>
>>1073719
>goalpost moved from "carry diseases" to "directly transmit deases"
If you get sick through direct transmission or get sick through bad water/meat/insect carriers does not matter. The end result is the same.
>>1072732
>you'd never have encountered those disease-carrying disgusting humans.
instead you encounter disease carrying animals, insects, viruses, protozoa, and bacteria.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.