[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eyewear while /out/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: P_20170726_191940.jpg (754KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170726_191940.jpg
754KB, 2560x1440px
I want to get into hiking, camping and all that fun stuff. But, i wear contact lenses.
Should i bring a bunches of pairs of contacts with me, or should i get a good pair of glasses? (My old pair broke)

pic not related
>>
I wear contacts and am basically blind without them. I also have to use those hydrogen peroxide solutions that neutralize overnight due to sensitive eyes.

I bring my one pair of contacts and in my kit, some alcohol scrubs for making sure my fingers are clean of dirt. After scrubbing and drying I also then kind rub my fingertips together, to get rid of the fibers left by the pad.

I also bring my glasses in case I need to see at night to pee or want to stargaze, fend off nocturnal cairn builders, get attacked by skin walkers etc. If I lose a contact lens or drop it in the dirt I would also go to the glasses for the rest of the trip. But, I hate wearing glasses so my contacts are my primary. If you find glasses comfortable then by all means just wear those, but it's advisable to have a backup pair in that case if you have myopia to any degree.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be paranoid about your eyes when /out/. Bring a good pair of comfortable sunglasses and I also personally bring a pair of safety glasses (good ones, not the cheap boxy kind that you get free in tool kits and shit) for various uses. Maybe that comes from working in EMS but I think it's a good idea.

Your eyes are necessary for a full life, difficult to impossible to fix, and you can't grow them back. Furthermore you really cant /out/ without seeing. Take care of them.
>>
>>1070563
Also forgot to mention, as far as contact cases go, the little pouch that hangs inside most tents seems to be a good spot for them. I tuck a pair of socks or my glasses case or whatever against and around them to keep it upright and level so I won't knock it in the night...this is more important with my solution type than normal solutions, though, since it has to sit upright to neutralize properly.

>hurrrrr Anon just get Lasix

Will eventually. I'm just now comfortable with the maturity of the technology, and my optometrist recommended letting my vision stabilize which it is starting to do. Couple more years.
>>
I wear glasses and occaisanally start to wander around without them at night. Makes every bunch of trees look like a bigfoot/skinwalker/faery.
>>
File: IMG_20170729_181653071.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_181653071.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I have glasses and have a pair of clip-on sunglasses for the sunny days.
Works really well.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.