[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here climbed Triglav? I want to do it next summer but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Anyone here climbed Triglav? I want to do it next summer but dont want to spend a bunch on guides.
Planning to do the seven lakes route, starting in Vogar or Blato, stay in Dom Planica or Dolic, do the summit next morning and go down via Stara Fusina sound good?
Also general mountains thread I guess.
>>
>>1070318
Sorry m8, /out/ is for role-players, much like a fantasy football league. Ask any real questions about outdoors and they freeze like a deer in headlights. Sorry.
>>
>>1072055
It wasn't always that way, but sadly that's a fair assessment of modern /out/.
>>
>>1070318
>Anyone here climbed Triglav? I want to do it next summer but dont want to spend a bunch on guides.
Been at the base twice, couldn't do it twice. first time I fucked up my toe on the beach of lake bohin, second time it was heavy thunderstorms.
From what I have read and heard, as long as you stick to the easy routes, it's an average mountain. If you have some basic skills and stamina for mountaineering, you won't need a guide.
but if this is your first time heading /out/, Triglav is certainly of a caliber that can fuck you up if you don't know what you are doing.
>>
>>1070318
>tfw still not a true Slovene
As far as I know, you shouldn't need a guide (shouldn't go alone, though - definitely go with someone) but really make sure to be prepared equipment-wise, do not go if the weather isn't stable enough (it's not the kind of hike you can finish in few hours - as far as I know, most people sleep over in one of the mountain homes).
>>
>>1070318
the route is OK. The climb is not very demanding, but you do need some level of fitness.
The biggest danger, like with all "popular" mountains, are crowds. It gets pretty crowded during weekends, and parts of trail (especially between Mali (little) Triglav and Triglav are narrow, so be careful. Most of the trail on the ridge is secured with wire, so wear equipment for security, although you'll see many hikers go up there without any equipment.
Also, this is a general rule for all climbs I guess, if the weather is shit, do not go up. When climbing up, you'll see many plaques dedicated to those who died, 95% of them died from thunderstruck
>>
>>1070318
carinthian here. i've been up there in 2001 on a two day hike. you should be able to do basic climbs (and not being a manlet), then you're fine. also, listen to >>1073418
>>
>>1070318
Where are you from?
I'll probably go there next summer as well
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.