[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normies will buy this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: bob.jpg (689KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
689KB, 1000x800px
For 900 dollars you get
>40 liter backpack
>7,500 calories
>winter sleeping bag (No bivy or tent though)
>5 liters water
>tacticool flashlight and multitool
>navshit
>3 ways to start a fire
>poorly built first aid bag
>radio

Why would anyone ever buy this kind of shit? Do people just shop completely on impulse?
>>
>>1070249
thats not NEARLY as bad as some of the pre-build stuff ive seen
>>
>>1070253
Like what anon? I really can't imagine much worse than this.
>>
Let's see:
60L pack& rain cover: <150
2man tent w/ ground cloth & rain fly: <150
30o(f) sleeping bag <80
Optional liner <40
Inflatable pad <60
MSR stove & fuel <50
MSR 2 person cookset <50
Altiod tin full of fire starting supplies <20
Flashlight <25
Headlamp ~40
Glow sticks $1ea
Knoife <$25
Multi tool ~50
Poncho: $1
Sawyer filter & bladders / bottles ~$80
FAK ~40
9 mtn house meals: ~90

~$950 or less total for a better set up than that bag.

I'm sure people could do better too. That's over estimates off the top of my head.
>>
>>1070249
what makes the emergency drinking water different from normal drinking water?
>hand warmer
really americucks?
>>
>>1070274
Second hand college back pack from a thrift store: $10
3mil contractor trash bag as pack rain cover: $1
Wakeman 2-person dome tent from Walmart: $23
Sleeping pad from Walmart: $10
Exxel Everest Mummy 5F/-15C sleeping bag: $23
Tin can rocket stock: $0.05 (rivets)
Twig/biomass fuel: Free
Stainless steel cook set, assembled from thrift store (3pc): $15
Cooking/eating utensils whittled from wood: Free
Altoids fire starter pack: $2 (can is $2 but flint, char, tinder is Free)
Gas station LED Flashlight: $5
Needle nose pliers: $15
Water bottle (empty soda bottle): $1.50
3mil contractor trash bag as poncho: $1
FAK (bottle of vodka, duct tape, gauze): $15
Nissin Top Ramen, Chicken, 3 Oz, 48 Count: $10

$131.55

Hookers and blow: $768.45
>>
>>1070249
it honestly looks like an okay bag you have to spend zero time assembling, it's the price that is fucked up. i think it's worth like $3-400 maybe.
>>
>>1070275
the difference is shelf life you put a
canteen full of water in a bag forget it for a few years it's gonna taste like plastic and possibly be both toxic and rancid.
>>
>>1070275
the hand warmer thing is not as bad as you think it is. i have had experience going in december severely under dressed with two of these chemical warmers one on my belly the other in my lower back. before i put them up i was getting really cold and shaking, after i put them up (these could stick to your t-shirt) i was totally fine, i felt the cold on my toes and ears and face but was not cold or hypothermic in the least.

basically they can help you weather a cold night in a shelter you can't have fire in and make a difference between losing core temperature or maintaining it and just being misserable.
>>
>>1070249
>(No bivy or tent though)
There's a tube tent in the picture which in an emergency will at least block wind and water, but their sleeping solution is really incomplete when there's not sleeping mat there.
>>
>>1070327
yeah that's a problem, i guess you would have to throw leaves or dry grass under the tube tent to make it work. that's a hassle.
>>
>>1070275
Hand warmers are good for an emergency. An emergency means you will need to use your hands a lot. Sometimes that means you can't be wearing warm gloves because they get in the way. If you live in a cold climate in winter, during an emergency, can't use warm gloves, and need to expose your hands to freezing temps, you need a hand warmer. The colder your hands get the less useful they become. Fumbling around with a job you absolutely must perform with hands too cold to do it can end in disaster. Being able to stuff your hands into your pockets against some hot, chemical, hand warmers, even for a scant few seconds can make all the difference in the world to the mobility of your hands. If you are wrapped up in gear, you may not have access to a warmer part of your body to warm up your hands and if you do it won't be as hot as the hand warmer.
>>
>>1070249
https://echo-sigma.com/echo-sigma-bug-out-bag-sog-special-edition/

>$799.99
>Hydration bladder: $10
>Radio: $30
>Provision Pack With MREs: $20
>$60

Okay, how is the rest of that shit worth $739.99?

>SOG B63 Multi Tool: high as $83
>SOG Seal Pup knife: high as $130 (pfpfpfpf!!)

Okay, that's some top tier Jewing.
>>
>>1070329
you are autistic
>>
>>1070249
Looks like something a rich fuck might just throw in the back of his light plane in case of an emergency landing in the sticks, without thinking of the price. Just helps his peace of mind a little. But no flare gun?
>>
>>1070274

How many hours would a normie have to spend researching and purchasing this gear? Let's say 10. If you are making $50 an hour or more, and that's the target buyer, and you don't plan on using this shit this is a good alternative to wasting your money elsewhere. It's also a good business opportunity unless Trump shuts down the chinkshit pipeline
>>
>>1070360
>knowing how to keep your hands warm during a freezing storm while doing emergency work is "autistic"

I can tell you've never been further north than 40°N.
>>
>>1070364
>How many hours would a normie have to spend researching and purchasing this gear?
>hours

Like 1 hour via google at most, unless you are a complete retard. Anyone who's been camping more than once should be able to do it in 15-30 mins max if their internet isn't shit.

They don't even sell convenience.
>>
>>1070249
there is two things i would change:
1 that fist aid kit is not very good. it needs less gimmicky crap and more sterile gauze.
2 i realize it's a get home bag and i like how most of the weight is put into the right priorities but a fucking canteen is a must, pack it with those water packets to save space i don't care but you need a canteen and some water treating tablets in a bag like that, in case you have to stretch it over 72 hours it's not much to ask for really.
>>
>>1070401
altho i guess the lifestraw with a water bag is not half bad but quiet slow to work though. not even surre if you can pump that straw.
>>
>>1070275

Hand warmers are alright to sleep with if its cold as fuck outside. I place one in each sock and sleep with them on for max comfy.

Also if your using propane/isobutane fuel and it's cold as fuck you can place a hand warmer on it to keep the gas a gas so you don't fuck up your stove when you cook in the morning.
>>
>>1070274
There's plenty of fat to trim on this list too, but realistically speaking you bag should cost less than 500 dollars
>>
File: 1494435229033.png (663KB, 849x657px) Image search: [Google]
1494435229033.png
663KB, 849x657px
>>1070303
>super low prices and second hand goods

DELETE THIS
>>
>>1070461

Any more of these?
>>
File: 5223071880_844963d6f6_b.jpg (350KB, 806x1024px) Image search: [Google]
5223071880_844963d6f6_b.jpg
350KB, 806x1024px
>>1070484
Man After Man: An Anthropology of the Future (1990, ISBN 0-312-03560-8)
>>
>>1070395
of course not. I live in the tropics. But that does not make you less autistic
>>
>>1070333
>SOG Seal Pup knife
Buddy and I got a pair for 20 each on groupon.
>>
>>1070513
>>1070360
Projecting much, kid?
>>
>>1070489
Fuckin delightful thanks anon
>>
>>1070535
nothing personel.. shhh
>>
>>1070275
>hand warmer
Not americuck but cold hands (as in wet at 0 C with wind) will quickly enter "can't feel a shit" tier and it will be difficult to do things requiring finger dexterity.
>>
>>1070415
Sleep with the gas to keep it warm.

>hand warmer
>cold
Not surprising to find fleece-lined pockets in proper winter gear, useful. Pop a warmer in it and it's extra toasty.
>>
>>1070546
>>1070550
>>1070415
AUTISM
>>
>>1070605
What a delightfully textbook case of projecting!
>>
>>1070249
I say its worth about 150 tops.900? Ya you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>1070625
$150 is a bit low. Check the stuff in >>1070303 which is $130. $20 more won't make too much of a difference really.
>>
>>1070625
you really need to shop around to get all that for 150 if i wanted to have it all in a week and be done with it in an hour it would cost around $300 or more.
>>
For someone who hasn't already developed any survival skills and therefore doesn't even know what kind of gear they need, but wants piece of mind from having a gobag in the closet by the front door, this is a pretty solid setup.

Granted, some of it is pretty gimmicky, like having a lifestraw instead of a sawyer and having a cheap chink mag block instead of a quality ferro rod, but that's what consumers expect, and if you're running a business, you have to be able to sell the customer on what they want, and not what you think you should sell them.

Most of us could probably get by with a lot less, because we would be capable of improvising along the way and could forgo a lot of the more 'comfort' items and cut costs by rotating water bottles and packaged food instead of going with MREs, but the average consumer wants something they don't have to worry about rotating, because once they rummage through the bag once, they'll never look at it again.
>>
>>1070256

Bags that are full of no name chunk shit. As least the stuff in ops pic, has named stuff that comes from reputable companies. You could save a shit load and just buy all this crap and make it yourself.
>>
>>1070713
The level of dishonesty in this world never ceases to make me sad
>>
>>1070651
>like having a lifestraw instead of a sawyer
this! sawyer with a pump to fill a waterbag is excellent way to extend the capabilities of this pack, a lifestraw is shit tier, you have to stick to water more less options. sure at a lot of places the lifestraw is good enough because water is abundant just not safe. but the sawyer is more versatile.
>>
>>1071531
I think a bigger part of the reasoning may be that a lifestraw is self explanatory, it work like a straw, you suck water through it. A sawyer, being more versatile, leaves people sitting there not knowing what the best way to use it is, and that can be frusturating. Which means that lifestraw may be the better option for people who don't camp and would have difficulty figuring out how to use a sawyer, especially in a stressful environment.
>>
>>1071677
if water is really abundant in the area the life straw is maybe better, because you don't have to fuck around cleaning water and carrying it.

still if you would try to cook or anything there would be a lot of spit in the soup.
>>
File: Flower GIF.gif (8KB, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
Flower GIF.gif
8KB, 32x32px
>>1070253

This is waaaay overpriced, and it honestly is better to learn how to survive than first buy a bunch of shit. Step 1 : Rub some basil on your skin

https://hubpages.com/living/Basics-of-Basil

Step 2 : Take a deep breath
>>
>>1071688
>there would be a lot of spit in the soup.
lol. Sawyers are definitely better, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that lifestraws are easier for stupid people to understand.
>>
>>1070364
>the "every hour could be spent making money" meme
Just fuck off already with this you cunt.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.