[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cooking while out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: spam.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spam.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
So what would be good ideas for hot meal while out.
Assuming I have a skillet or a pot.
Porridges(easy to make, good weight calorie ratio), fried summer-sausage, heated spam - what else?
What could be done without skillet/pot. I guess you could cook potatoes and other tubers in warm ash yummy but quite heavy and bulky things to have with you.
>>
That has to be the most adorable little pan I ever seen!
>>
>>1069907

Honey, cooking oil, beans, rice, flour, cornmeal, and oats/quinoa are good staples for packing (you don't have to take a pound of each, just enough for a few *moderate* meals) that can be used to add variety to your diet. What I find helpful is taking a little cooking oil in a small bottle (350ml or so, which is about the size of a bottle of hotsauce) since it can be stretched to last awhile and doesn't take up much space. As for foods -- Store-bought ramen (lightweight, cheap, simple, fair amount of calories), pancakes/hard tack/cornbread, /out/ stew (anything edible/non-toxic from environment hucked in a pot and stewed with a little jerky for protein), burritos (tortillas can be pre-made and last for awhile in a resealable bag), /out/ stir-fry (whatever edible/non-toxic vegetation nearby hucked in and fried with a little oil/lard/etc).
>>
>>1069931
Like the stew and stir-fry descriptions
>>
File: IMG_0830.png (904KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0830.png
904KB, 534x800px
>>
A fucking ribeye you pleb
>>
Last trip my s/o and I made and packed pemmican, jerky, and hard tack (add some spices, it's good), and bought some rice, chocolate bars, dehydrated stuff, summer sausage, along with a big old spice kit and tea. Next time I want to bring some mac & cheese, hot chocolate, and stuff for burritos.

Fried summer sausage is amazing and then you can use the oil to sautee greens or whatever else. Eating hard tack with hot dishes like stews or rice give it a really nice crunch.
>>
>>1070014
Generally bringing along unprepared meat (like for steak) seems like a folly unless you go to "hike" in your backyard.
Maybe under subzero weather or somesuch.
>>
>>1070280
I have tried this. If you freeze a few steaks solid and pack them together in an insulated bag they are still nicely chilled at the end of day two.
>>
>>1070280
>>1070289
I'll pack cubed steak and veggies in aluminium foil, freeze it, vacuum pack it and stuff it in my sleeping bag. After hiking all day (and sometimes a second day), you can just throw it on some hot coals and you've got a nice hot meal.
>>
>>1070289
>>1070280
>>1070487
I do lots of home canning (water bath and pressure canning). I can make tons of meals with anything in them and preserve them in jars. That means extra water and glass weight but that's no biggie for me since the max hike to base camp is only 15 miles.
>>
>>1070495
You might look into retort pouches (same stuff used for MREs). You pack, seal and then pressure cook them, but instead of heavy and bulky jars, you light bags.

It's pretty expensive to get into, but you could make a killing on repacked food.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.