[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 living in Minneapolis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 2011_map.jpg (456KB, 1361x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2011_map.jpg
456KB, 1361x1600px
Been wanting to spend more time outdoors but I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any experience with MN?
>>
I'm also 18 in MN sup.
>>
>>1069882
You guys have boundary waters - good for canoeing and portaging. Start there.
>>
>>1069882
Google step ahead region enjoy

North shore is best shore

Boundary waters

Highway 61 great river road

Voyagers natl park

Tons of state parks

Upper Mississippi river in ur backyard

Fishing all over your city
>>
>>1069882
Meant arrow head region
>>
There are plenty of state parks for good day trips, if you want to camp for a while I'd recommend the boundary Waters like others have stated ITT. If you really want to camp right in the cities there are plenty of spots along the river to throw up a tent or hammock. Good hiking around Duluth. Whatever you do stay away from St cloud.
>>
>>1069882
>Lac qui parle

Spooky
>>
Taylor's falls is a good place to start, it's about an hour away, and there is a considerable amount of verticality (tall cliffs) along with a lot of preserved forest without trails (few people).
>>
>>1069882
For day hikes: Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve, Lebanon Hills Park, Elm Creek Park are all in the Twin Cities and all pretty big parks with lots of hiking trails for a day hike. Crow Hassan Park Reserve as well if you like prairies.

Overnight:
State Parks: William O'Brien is a good park that is very close to the cities. Afton too of course. Intersate State Park (Taylors Falls) - The wisconsin side is better!, check out Wild River as well as Lake Maria.

State Forests: You can do dispersed camping in any of the state forests and it's free. Richard J Dorer Hardwood Memorial Forest encompasses the southeastern part of the state from Wabasha to Reno....they have about 10 different patches of forest with trails..you will have to look it up on the DNR website. The patches are small but theres several miles of triles, primitive campgrounds, or you can just camp anywhere you want since it's a state forest.
There's also Rum River state forest and Sand Dunes state forest.
On an even larger scale there is Chengwatana State Forest and Governor Knowles state forest (in Wisconsin) They are both pretty big patches of land with many miles of trails.

Finally look up SNA's (Scientific and Natural Areas) on the DNR website. There are often unofficial trails there and that's pretty much it. Feels like hidden gems in the cities since most people don't think about them or pay them mind.

Of course most outdoor activity is geared for up north. But since you're 18 you might not have a lot of money and be stuck near the cities. That's why I focused within 100 miles or so of here.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.