[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NOT GONNA MAKE IT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: wojak.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
9KB, 205x246px
I'm so frickin upset with myself /out/.

I've been lurking here for about 2 years now and a few months back I decided to quit my job and live outdoors to see how long I could survive on a small budget.

Well, it turns out that living outdoors is *way* harder than you guys make it seem. I ended up catching a bus to Butte, Montana and then hiked in the woods for two weeks. Ended up in some weird town called Philipsburg and I'm still here now planning my route back to New York. I am covered in bug bites, I'm hungry, I'm tired, I'm sweaty and I literally feel like I'm going out of my mind. Nature, in Montana at least, is SO FRICKING boring. Oh my god. If I wasn't so hungry all the time I'd have killed myself because it was so quiet and creepy and boring out there.

This is my first post here after all this time and all I have to say is make sure you know what you're getting into before you head out into the wilderness guys.
>>
>>1069243
>wilderness
OMG I LOVE CMCANDLES.jpg
>>
Didn't u test the waters with camping and weeklong thru hikes to see if you could hack it? Come on, man
>>
>>1069254
I went camping 4 or 5 times in fields near my house with friends between the ages of 12 and 15. I was almost the most responsible and diligent person in the group. I also don't tend to eat much so I figured I'd cope well with a restricted diet. But holy crap I realized on the first night that my doing this was just a consequence of a mental breakdown, not a sincere desire to live in a natural environment or whatever. I am now UNEMPLOYED and don't even have the mental stamina and charm I had when I found my last job. Nobody will hire me now for anything higher than minimum wage. I'm currently staying in a tiny motel and the people all look like they'd skin me for ten dollars.
>>
>>1069243
Too bad a bear didnt eat you
>>
Things that never happenes
Also i feel like i dont even have to point this out but
>went to Butte
HAHAHAHHA
>>
>>1069243

lol I've been /out/ for four months. You're just a pussy!
>>
Jesus dude you really screwed the pooch huh?
>>
>>1069243
Cool story bro.
>>
File: hahaha HAHAHA you.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha HAHAHA you.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>1069243
Holy crap, one of you guys actually did it! Yeah, you're in a pretty rough spot now I assume. Do you have any family or friends who you could contact to get you out of there?
>>
File: j5mqrc17_xhzon_ye3wzx.png (42KB, 590x236px) Image search: [Google]
j5mqrc17_xhzon_ye3wzx.png
42KB, 590x236px
Fake news. All of it. Sad!
>>
Montana is a horrible place. Most anywhere else would be better. I would head for Colorado.
>>
>>1069243
You'd probably be better off moving to Cambodia and farming up to self sustenance.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 570x845px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 570x845px
There is a reason why states like Montana are known for wilderness and remain largely rural despite the years since this country has been established. You wouldn't make it no matter where you are because you're clearly too stupid to research something before hand and did not know/care to plan ahead. Embrace a life of failure OP. It appears its all you have.
>>
bug netting n long sleeves. now regroup n get back in there. become king of Montana.
>>
you kind of inspire me to try.
>>
>>1069243
>covered in bug bites
>I'm hungry, I'm tired, I'm sweaty
>feel like I'm going out of my mind
>quiet and creepy

Sounds pretty quitesentially out. I know the feeling when you say to yourself 'I am never doing this again!'.

But then you get home and it feels so good to be home, showers are more refreshing, beds are softer, food is more satisfying.

In the end you start going out just for that feeling
>>
>>1069243
You got your first taste of being alone and scared in the world for the first time, congratulations. Now man the fuck up and get back out there, and think about what you can do to make the hard life more comfortable when /out/.
>>
>>1069243
How did your plan go wrong and end up with you in Philipsburg?
>>
>>1069265
This is gold..
Even though sgit stinks, I hope youll find the freedom youre looking for wasburied inside you.

You can do everything man. Just gotta pay with willpower and time

Peace
>>
>>1069951
I honestly feel the opposite. I sleep better /out/, food tastes better to me, and although I can't shower a dip in a swimming hole makes me feel clean and refreshed. To each their own though, if returning to civilization makes it all worth to you then more power to you.
>>
>>1069265
>12 and 15
This board is 18+ kiddo
>>
>>1069286
It's literally a fucking hole in the ground with strip malls surrounding the edge.
>>
pussy
>>
OP your odd behavior is just a symptom of the mental illness that strikes some men at your age.
You need a good diagnosis and meds.
I am sorry.
>>
>>1070115
Can confirm, been to Butte it's a shithole. Dillon was even worse, at least go to a decent town like Bozeman.

Also wtf OP Montana has world class fly fishing how the fuck are you starving go catch a fucking fish and eat some berries and shit.
Fucking pussy.
>>
>>1069243
It is not for everyone. How did you choose Butte? There is a reason Montana is sparsely populated. Head south.

You needed to start smaller with a few weekenders and maybe a week long adventure. If being /out/ isn't already part of what you do, you need to ease into it. If you live in NY, there is plenty of great areas around there to practice in.

If you are bored, you aren't looking close enough or really paying attention to what is around you. Go meet a deer or something.
>>
File: DURR BURR.png (386KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
DURR BURR.png
386KB, 640x640px
>>1070352
Avoid durr though. They can be dangerous.
>>
Fuck off yuppie we're full.
>>
op will be the king of Montana!

now get back in there and conquer something.
>>
why didnt you do some normie shit first like hike the AT?
>>
File: IMG_3946.jpg (29KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3946.jpg
29KB, 333x500px
As the American people waged their struggles to grow, thrive, expand, and persist over the past three centuries - a struggle that they were extraordinarily successful in waging - they took numerous spiritual casualties. The struggle was cosmic in nature, and there were many American who, unfortunately, did not possess the requisite mettle to endure psychologically intact. These poor souls fell from the American Megadeus, broke off from the greater cultural entity. They lamented their separation from their parent organism, and they became voices of dissent and dissidence. They - the various pieces of cultural debris - became liberals.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.