[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Illegal pond stocking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3150.jpg (78KB, 945x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3150.jpg
78KB, 945x531px
We have a small local pond here in _________, Colorado that I'm thinking of stocking myself with fish I'll breed and raise at home. Probably next spring if I'm serious about it. What are some good options?
>>
Wtf this is illegal? I know at least a dozen people that do this in Kentucky
>>
>>1068582
How bout you fuck off. The local waters are fucked because dumbshits like you.kys
>>
>>1068594
Fuck you, nigger. The state doesn't even stock the pond and it's ten minutes from my house. It's basically mine to stock.

I was thinking of putting in some tropical exotics during the spring. Something that should grow to 10-12 inches quickly and would at least get killed off by the cold if not by every spic that thinks there's fish in that pond. They deserve to catch a piranha. I think some of them eat those where back wherever they come from.
>>
>>1068606
Please move back to whatever shithole you crawled out of. If the pond isn't on your land then fuck off.
>>
>>1068634
What if I stocked the public pond devoid of fish with a native species, you fycking statist? :^)
>Pro tip: 9/10 times the CDPW doesn't stock waters with ANYTHING native to Colorado. Usually just a lot of rainbows.
>>
>>1068606
>tropical exotics during the spring
You're about to destroy your entire fishing ecosystem.
Im a South florida angler, in Miami - We have tilapia, peacock, oscar, mayan, whatever the fuck else. 1) They will die in the cold. They're tropical for a fucking reason. 2) If there's ever a flood, and their fry make it to another body of water, all of your state will hate you. 3) If you're going to stock, make it fucking natural. Don't be a fucking retard.
>>
>>1068634
I looked up into what fish are native to Colorado and they're all at least threatened. If I'm going to the trouble of starting a hatchery in my basement, I may as well raise the natives.
I'll have to pay the state $100 for the license and shit but it'd be worth it.
>>
File: IMG_1138.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1138.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1068582
Snakeheads
>>
>>1068582
this is a great idea, OP. I would just load it with piranha honestly. the spics that go there to bathe will probably get bit haha
>>
>>1068660
That's a Jaguar Guapote
>>
>>1068660
No. Pike are bad enough. I don't need a pike that can walk on land to other water sources and climb trees and shit.
>>1068672
If I can still be fucked to remember this moron scheme, I'll carry it out on or around April 1st.
>>
File: IMG_0559.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0559.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1068695
Yessir
>>
You're a faggot. Kill yourself before you kill the aquatic ecosystem
>>
You're all a bunch of cocksuckers. Like Colorado even cares about its native fish. Everything the CDPW stocks its waters with is from somewhere else. They've long outcompeted the native species. The state is only just now trying to do anything about it, but you fucks are just worried the piranhas might eat all the non native dishes you paid to stock my state with your non resident fishing license. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>1068777
If you are really surprised that /out/ isn't a fan of someone damaging the local outdoors, then I'm surprised that you are smart enough to read.
>>
>>1068582
I wouldn't do that unless you have your own pond you can put whatever you want in it.
>>
>>1068780
I'm really surprised you guys....
Took the bait.
>>
File: IMG_3147.jpg (87KB, 945x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3147.jpg
87KB, 945x531px
>>1068780
>>
STOP
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>
File: carp.jpg (388KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
carp.jpg
388KB, 1600x1200px
>>1068606

Goddamn you're fucking retarded. I work hard every day to stop people like you from fucking things up.

I will also say that if you get caught you will probably pay a lot of money and like >>1068645 said, your entire area will hate you if they spread from a pond. All it takes is a large bird to pick up one of those fish and accidentally drop it in another body of water.

In TN we have a huge problem with these fuckers because of people like you who try dumb shit like this.
>>
>>1069082
>all it takes is a large bird to pick up one of those fish
So can I even stock my own pond with what I want? Wtf
>>
>>1069082
You work that hard to stop people who inquire about an idea before just doing it? You should be stopping people who impulsively buy exotics, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>1069087

If you expect it's going to die by winter then no, you shouldn't. Put something in there that will strengthen your environment.
>>
File: IMG_3149.jpg (48KB, 483x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3149.jpg
48KB, 483x357px
>>1069089
Are you sure my backyard pond is of that much environmental signifance, I mean I could heat my own pond over the winter
Mfw
>>
File: imnotandysamberg.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
imnotandysamberg.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
>>1069097

Do you know how a flood works? Tropical species are for controlled environments and for people who know what the fuck they're doing. If you're OP then you obviously didn't know enough about it that you had to ask /out/ for advice. Take the advice you're given. I'm all for you raising piranhas for whatever weird reason you want, but do it in a controlled container and in your own home.
>>
Itt some fag asks advice about whether or not he should do something dumb a selfish and then doesnt take all the advice clearly explaining why he shouldn't do it

Kill
Your
Self

Leave
Our
Board

You're
Not
Welcome
>>
>>1068582
use something hardy like asian carp, more likely to survive
>>
>>1068582
do it man. me an my older brother have a farm pond on my parents property. my dad sold off most of our stock so it was sitting for a while drying out. we stocked it mostly with non native fish and 2 types of crawdad, some local caught sunfish and some tilapia, few bass an few catfish and plecostomos from my tank. my dad tried bass and bluegill some time ago thinking he could feed us but the pond got some algee that killed all the fish. after graduating from school and working at a fish farm i decided to redo our pond and restock it with fish that can take the heat of our summers and its worked out good. they eat anything we throw in there and they are easy to catch. my nefews love to come over an fish. somebody said to not let the cops on our property because we could get in trouble but i dont know what for you may try to see what law your breaking just in case.
>>
>>1070130
Fuck off back to plebbit you homo
>>
>>1069087
>>1068606
you just don't bring exotic species to your place retard. Just use native fish and be done with it
>>
>>1069097
m8 here where I live some retard had the briliant idea to produce escargot. But he used giant african snails that transmit diseases. He got tired of his hobby and threw them into the wild. Now after 20 years the whole country is filled with them.
>>
File: IMG_1509.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1509.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>1069100
That's how the sneks got loose. Azns were farming them and Hurricane Andrew caused flooding which let them escape into the canals.
>>
Had a neighbor drop 50 god damn motherfucking carp in my pond last year because "they wanted the pond to look cleaner"

I let everyone fish my pond because I want folks to love nature

First of all, its not their property, so that must be illegal right? Second of all theyre red carp which are bastard fish so isnt that an environmental disaster?

What can i do to put this god forsaken fucker in prison?

Its been a year, used to be able to pull out 10lb bass and catfish and 30 bluegill an hour now but you cant get anything at all, not a fuckin thing thanks to that cocksucker

What legal action can be taken? Can I make sure they get the death penalty?
>>
>>1070738
Don't know about legal but maybe you can start feeding them in one spot and get a net or start bowfishing. I hope you told him off.
>>
>>1070742
I threatened to build a 30 foot concrete wall around the pond
>>
>>1070738
>>1070750
If you have actual evidence or could record an admission somehow, I'm sure you could at least get him a huge fine from the DNR. Otherwise civil suit and make him lose his home to pay you for your destroyed pond and lack of enjoyment that you used to have while catching bass and now you're suicidal and your wife is about to leave you just because you can't catch anything but carp anymore.
>>
>>1068660
Hey Bepis! I think you responded to one of my previous threads. What's the best way to cook a Jaguar? I caught one the other day, and it's currently frozen.
>>
>>1068582
britbong here

the fishing scene is pretty dire for freshwater, it's a real old boys club in a lot of places.

one of my buddies had membership applications rejected for the local club (you have to be a club member to fish in a lot of places) just because he's not well-to-do enough ( he could pay the membership ect no worries)
as it's nearly all catch an release.

After 2 kick backs he figured out what was going on and why he wasn't getting on... he packed his tackle bag one night and took a big ass fermentation bucket with him. I got a snapchat from him just after midnight and he'd been over to one of the bigger lakes here , caught a good sized fuckin pike and popped it into the fermentation bucket.

he drove the 20 odd miles back to the club's prize pond ( 30lb+ carp) and released the pike.

what happened was pretty obvious, but it took them 2 restocks to figure it out and catch the pike.

the club is still an arse hole club sadly :( it's why I beach fish

tl:dr
know what's already in the pond before you 'stock' it
>>
>>1068606
neck yourself
>>
>>1070738
Forget about the dick neighbor, treat the pond with a piscicide and restock with your own preference again. Then, IF you still want others to use your pond, put up a notice that states a fine for dumping, add restrictions for lead weights and synthetic baits while you're at it, since those can poison a small pond pretty quickly.

>>1070804
cook a Jaguar?
Just stop changing the oil, that fucker will heat up real quick.
>>
>>1073491
is this near blackpool by chanc?
>>
>>1068594
>>1068634
>>1068643
I dont know about Colorado t, but 90% of the lakes out here are artificial to begin with and the state already fucked up the native stocks beyond belief so have at it. But dont be a nigger about it, find some edgy bio student who wants to play god to help you so you can set up a sustainable fishery.
>>
>>1068582
out of curiosity, does said local pond have 1/2 the trail around it closed for indefinite repairs?
>>
>>1068582
Why dont you not fucking do this
>>
>>1068582
>Live near lake
>It's fairly large, and not connected to the nearby creek; probably was a hundred years ago though
>Ausfag, and in a really bad drought a while ago it basically almost vanished
>That was a few years ago; it's back up to a fairly large amount now
>pretty sure any fish are now dead

Could/should I stock it? The local council doesn't care; they're not going to do anything about it.

If so, what should I stock it with?
>>
>>1068582
What's the smallest body of water you could stock with fish and have it (largely) self sustaining? I'd love to have a little fish pond of some sort, and I could construct one in my yard, but I don't wanna make the enclosure too small for my fish.
>>
>>1077257
Tilapia
>>
>>1068584
Asked and answered your own question there bud.
>>
>>1077271
Anything from a goldfish bowl on up or did you forget about those?
>>
>>1078574
He said self sustaining. That implies little to no outside care.
>>
>>1078589
No you autist, he said largely self sustaining
>>
>>1068606
>It's 10 minutes from my property so it's mine!
Now I understand the reasoning behind the punks that keep dropping off koi in my pond. You assholes need to die in a smelly fire.

>>1068777
Colorado is the most cucked state when it comes to Animals and wildlife.
>>
>>1078589
>>1078594
Let me clear it up:

I meant little to no human help. I added the largely, because I assumed there would be a few things, especially at the start, which I'd have to do myself while the ecosystem is setting up.
>>
>>1068606
>exposes self as an ignorant ecological terrorist and a racist in one small post

wew
>>
>>1080101
Where do you live? Climate will determine a lot of this.

There are plenty of killifish species that would survive long enough to breed in a 10 gallon puddle, but that's not a very exciting pond.
>>
where can you purchase land with a natural glacial pond/lake
I found 1 property about 4 hours drive from me, but there's a trailer park about a quarter mile away, and I assume there would be problem people like OP
>>
>>1069082
Lol bro common carp are not a problem theyre not considered invasive i have been fishing tn all my life i think you meant to upload a pic of an asian carp.
>>
>>1080967
anything asian is bad news if introduced elsewhere did you all notice that? its like the entire continent is poision.
>>
I would bet $100 that OP is from a southern state. Double money for Texas.
>>
>>1068606
>racists who love destroying wildlife

i deal with enough people like you in real life and now i'm encountering them on /out/
>>
I need help
>local pond
>used to be fishable when i was a kid
>roach, bream and the like + the odd goldfish/turtle people didnt want anymore
>rumor about pike in it aswell
>years go by
>not fishable
>literally nothing but snags in it
>visibilty in the water is at an absolute minimum

is this because
>theres too many roach, bream, tench ect stirring up the bottom
or
>something ate everything that kept plants in check
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.