[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170725_183553.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170725_183553.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
Going camping with a coworker as a last minute kind of thing, hows my pack?
4 days, 3 nights fishing in Sierras
Brought 3 shorts, 1 pants
2 shirts, 2 short sleeves
Light jacket
Toothbrush, paste, deodorant,
Stream fishing gear
Camelbak

Dont know what else
>>
>>1068298
Why do you need 3 shorts for?

>Last minute camping trip with coworker
Pack lube too. Was she the one inviting?
>>
>>1068305
1 for possible swimming

Id rather bring extra than not enough
>>
>>1068306
>Changing clothes everyday while /out/
Anon plox
>>
I like your aesthetic, original poster
>>
File: merriam.jpg (342KB, 1073x792px) Image search: [Google]
merriam.jpg
342KB, 1073x792px
>>1068298
>hows my pack?
terrible. the mosquitoes will be murder, you'll never wear shorts outside the water. 1 pair of pants and 1 pair of shorts is fine. leave the toothpaste and deodorant. add bugspray and sunscreen. buy a widebrim had.and some lighter shoes. bowl, mug, knife and fork.sleeping bag and pad. presumably they have a tent? you'll want one with the bugs. maybe a mosquito headnet. they have a stove, or you'll be in a campfire legal area?

and it's
>sierra
not
>sierras
>>
>>1068328

No mosquitoes in the Sierra's this year
>>
>>1068342
lul
>>
Do you have cooking equipment and food? a way to sterilize water?

also someone explain the changing clothes when out meme, I mean socks and underwear I get but the rest takes up a lot of space for little to no benefit
>>
Have you got water? Food? Will you be hiking to your fishing spots- will you need snacks? How are you going to light a fire (if allowed) and how are you going to see at night?
And where is your sleeping bag?
Honestly it just seems like you're taking clothes with you, I would take two pairs of long, breathable pants as you don't want creepy crawlies getting up your legs. Long sleeves are always a good option too, but I live in Australia so it's recommended that you always wear long sleeved shirts while in the sun.
Grab a box of matches and a lighter as well. You never know when they may come in handy, and you will need something to light campfires with. Also, one is none and two is one, so remember that when buying these sorts of things. A torch will also be handy for moving around at night. Assuming you won't be carrying 3 days worth of water on you, you should probably invest in some iodine tablets or water purification lest you want to end up with an illness.
Also are you going to be eating the fish you catch? One of you will need cooking equipment and you should have some eating utensils. Too accompany said fish you should probably take along some snacks like beef jerky and trail mix and some dehydrated rice which is always good for the carbs.
Take extra socks as well. There is nothing worse than walking around in wet socks and boots all the way back to camp, and your feet will thank you for it.
>>
>>1068306
>Id rather bring extra
Are you new? You never wear the "extra" clothes you bring. Learn to be comfortable in dirty clothes. Learn to wash your clothes while /out/.
>>
File: Sweat_Drops_wink.png (162KB, 698x681px) Image search: [Google]
Sweat_Drops_wink.png
162KB, 698x681px
>>1068342
This is 100% horse shit

Source: hiked in the sierras 17 times since June 1

Yosemite, Sequoia NP, Sequoia NF, Sequoia NM
>>
>>1068328
Why wouldn't you take toothpaste?
>>
>>1068298
what boots?
>>
>>1068298
Water filter?
Food?
Shelter?
Bedding?

Did you plan to use all those clothes to improvise these things?
>>
>>1068298
Honestly, it looks like you're just taking clothes. Were you planning on staying at a hotel and eating at a restaurant?
>>
>>1069121
because you can do without it for 4 days and it's just one more thing to try to jam in your bear can. just brush with water for that short of a trip, you'll be fine.
>>
Wont use up a thread on this but what will I need to camp in the UK? I'm going to go to a national park in south england with my friend for 5 days

so far ive got pretty much nothing, just some stuff in my amazon basket like a mora knife and a tent
>>
>>1069400
Invest in the important stuff first. You want to have a decent backpack, shelter, and bedding before worrying about other gear.

Your backpack will determine your experience more than any other piece of gear, so invest in something of good quality.
>>
>>1069400
Also, mora is a great choice for a knife. Cheap, lightweight, strong, with a good grind and quality steel.
>>
>>1069156
Exactly. The litany of "food, clothing and shelter" should ring a bell. First aid/medications, fire-making things, ...
>>
>>1068298
>deodorant
kek
>>
>>1068298
Good idea taking the cat alive, fresh meat is always nice
>>
>>1068298
Your cat looks like a faggot
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.