[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0196.jpg (136KB, 600x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0196.jpg
136KB, 600x902px
Hey out. I am a country boy kind of stuck in the city. I'm former army current gov employee. I want to quit and work for myself. Currently I make 110k a year. I don't expect to make nearly that out in the sticks but what are some ways to make good money living away from the city?
>>
>>1066854
Who even buys Crisco?

>what are some ways to make good money living away from the city?

A: Being a commuter.
B: Being a government subsidized industrial farmer.
C: Making good booze.
D: Pimp.
E: Drug dealer.
F: Doctor.
G: Lawyer.
H: Own a grocery store/fast food restaurant.

You know, the typical things. In the sticks, most of those are nearly the same in money making.
>>
>>1066854

Carpentry, leatherworking, tailoring, bowmaking, farming/ranching, blacksmithing, making alcohol (fairly high initial investment to do legally but still very viable with out-of-pocket and loans) off the top of my head. Also possible is making doodads and trinkets then selling them locally at a shop or roadside + through an online shop. With some imagination and a can-do attitude the sky's the limit.
>>
File: apples_to_apples_dust_to_dust_02.jpg (625KB, 720x2636px) Image search: [Google]
apples_to_apples_dust_to_dust_02.jpg
625KB, 720x2636px
>>1066872
>Who even buys Crisco?
It's like you don't even /pie/.
>>
>>1066875
That's how I feel, I guess it's just finding my niche. Which seems to be the hard part. A niche that pays well. I'm unfortunately stuck paying 1000 a month for my grandmas home too.
>>1066872
I am a commuter I hate it. Pimp / drug dealer... come on bro lol. Tell me more about gov subsidized farmer?
>>
File: Crisco.png (389KB, 1158x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Crisco.png
389KB, 1158x1460px
>>1066889
I use lard.
>>
>>1066894
How about you use google or the paste bin in the Homegrowmen thread?
>>
>>1066895
Lard has been banned for commercial sale in my state since the 70's due to a crapload of people getting trichinosis from shoddy butchering practices.

It's even one of a very few health/food laws they impose on the Amish. I'd literally have to travel over state lines to buy it.
>>
>>1066896
Kind of want to see what /out/ does or get a general mix of ideas. You got a problem with me posting here?
>>
>>1066897
That's really odd since lard is rendered at high heat. You can get trichinosis from undercooked meat.

>>1066898
see
>>1062604
>>
>>1066900
It's a result of a very shittily worded law enacted as a knee-jerk reaction without consulting anybody who knew shit-all about food.

Tripe, shortbreads, and any other form of non-beef animal fat are also illegal to sell commercially here, regardless of whether it's been cooked or rendered via heat. I believe the law is written to specifically include any animal product intended for human consumption that contains more than 60 or 65% fat. A lot of brands of bacon can't be sold here as a result.
>>
>>1066902
So cross state lines; it's illegal to sell, not to posess. I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>1066854
Farm, sell crops. Hunt, sell meat, start a jewtube channel and convince people to watch you live.
>>
>>1066902
Sounds like it needs to be lobbied for repeal.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.