[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stand-Up Paddling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: sup.jpg (513KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
sup.jpg
513KB, 1000x667px
does /out/ like to SUP?
>>
Seems fun until your standing still for an hour. I'd just bring a kayak.
>>
it's fun enough to do about once a year. just hope you don't hit even the lightest headwind because then you'll hate life
>>
>>1066598
I cant fucking stand SUP niggers, all i hear from Stacys is how they are into SUP and how it the best thing ever not to mention them crowding up the bay when im trying to kayak
>>
>>1066598
I like it a lot for fishing/diving. I bought an inflatable off of Amazon which is great because it folds up and can be easily stored in my closet in my small apartment. It fits in my small car too.

If it's windy with any moderate chop, it is nearly impossible to actually stand up and paddle. But when that happens I just sit on my knees or indian style and paddle which works fine.

If you're into diving/swimming then highly recommend it because it is so much easier to get in and off of in the water.
>>
>>1067016
>work on boat
>come into harbor
>hordes of SUP niggers that can barely balance on the board or move under their own power clogging the channel
SUP is cancer, though it's fun knocking them over with a big wake or prop wash.
>>
>>1066598
Why the fuck would you stand up when you could sit?

You might as well spend half the money, buy a shitty inflatable dingy, get comfy and fill your boat with food and beers.
>>
>>1066598
Yea it's fun. Logically it doesn't really make sense to do when kayaking is faster and easier but it's still fun. Little more free than a kayak.
>>
>>1066598
seems extremely stupid. i live in portland and that doesnt seem to stop the hippies from doing it though. i agree. just get a kayak....
>>
>SUP
It's called paddle boarding.
>>
>>1066603
>>1067016
>>1067051
>>1067603
>having an opinion without having tried it
fuck off
>>
>>1067855
>how do you know eating shit is bad if you haven't tried it?
>>
>>1067883
sweet false analogy, bro. you sure put me in my place.

>inb4 anon now lies about having tried it and didn't like it
>>
I've tried it, it can be fun. I've seen people surf river waves on them, too. The majority of people who do it can't surf though and only do it because they can't roll in a kayak. Like everybody's been saying, kayaking is better.
>>
>>1067851
SUP=Stand Up Paddle Boarding

Paddle Boarding is done on your knees.

>:^)
>>
>>1066598
Only if she has an ass like that
>>
>>1067016
>How dare people get /out/ and enjoy the planet and inconvenience me
>>
>>1068105
t. ireland
>>
File: position-sitting-bis.jpg (158KB, 650x376px) Image search: [Google]
position-sitting-bis.jpg
158KB, 650x376px
I have one, one thing I realized is that it's a lot better sitting down. I can move about and change my seating positions in ways that I couldn't on a kayak.Which is great for my lower back.
I can also jump off and get back in easily without the fear of tipping. I've been using my kayak paddle because the one-finned paddle is fucking stupid as shit even when standing up. It basically makes it a kayak that feels even more intimate to the water.
I'm planning to travel down a river tomorrow, I've done a small pond and a lake so far. I might try the yoga stuff later.
>>
I tried it for the first time last week, not a fan. I don't really get the point of it
>>
>>1066598
>does /out/ like to SUP?
Fad is a fad. It's cool that it gets more people off their asses and into boats, but it'll fade out faster then wind surfing.
>>
>>1070775
>but it'll fade out faster then wind surfing.
Wind surfing is actually fun though
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.