[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plant identification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG0181.jpg (246KB, 760x1344px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0181.jpg
246KB, 760x1344px
Hey guys, I'm no botanist unfortunately but I assume a lot of you guys might be or at least might now a few things or two when it comes to plant life.

So I've been walking around my property and I've noticed a shit tonne of pic relateds have been popping up and FAST. Originally I was kind of happy because early on they looked like mint, then they started growing venomous spikes and taking over the place and I realised I should of killed the little shits, I touched one and the spines got me and my fingers ached for a good few hours. I'm in Australia at the moment and it's nearing the end of winter and they seem to be thriving.

Any clue what these things are would be lovely, I'm planning to kill them all next weekend but out of curiosity I'd like to know what they are.
>>
File: fuck these things.jpg (154KB, 760x1344px) Image search: [Google]
fuck these things.jpg
154KB, 760x1344px
as you can see the spines are very hard to see as they are quite small, but trust me they hurt. In the previous picture you can see small darker dots on the surface, those are the spines
>>
i was thinking stinging nettle (urtica incisa), but i don't know because of the flower in your
second pic
>>
File: mgrew.jpg (214KB, 760x1344px) Image search: [Google]
mgrew.jpg
214KB, 760x1344px
>>1066255
yeah me too, it looks very similar but I've never seen any stinging nettle with flowers like that on it. Maybe it's a subspecies?
>>
>>1066255
I've never seen it, but some Google images show flowers that look similar so I presume that's it. The leaves and type of sting seem exactly the same.
>>
Nettle of some sort, dont touch it.
>>
The second pic is a different plant, looks like a speedwell, but i'm in the uk, don't know aussie plants
>>
>>1066246
>In Australia even Ground Ivy hates you
>>
>>1066331
I can assure you they are the same plant.
>>
Anon gave multiple images, scale and location.

I have nothing to ridicule here.
>>
>>1066259
does it sting?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.