[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /out/, what goes inside it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 5174g5ann3L.jpg (50KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
5174g5ann3L.jpg
50KB, 500x361px
Alright /out/, what goes inside it?
>>
Mints
>>
>>1065515
A few homemade fishing flies and lures. I have fishing "kits" using these. One for bass fishing, one for panfish, one for catfish, and one for anything.
>>
a fidget spinner
>>
>>1065527
Yea these are good for flies. Better to glue some sort of foam on the bottom so you stick all the hooks in there.
>>
>>1065523
/thread
>>
When fishing by a lake I use one for hooks and weights that's about it the altoids survival kit meme needs to quit before some dies
>>
>>1065670
Yeah trying to make a survival kit would be pointless. The most you could get out of it would be a toolkit to make quick-fixes that will last until you can get a proper repair
>>
>>1065515
>what goes inside it?
Anything organic, then you toss it in the fire to make char.
>>
>>1065673
Ive seen a few useful things stored that would do as an in-your-pocket last resort but yeah most of them are next to useless. Off the top of my head...

Not bad, could work:
>sealed straw full of bleach to purify water
>trash bag
>signal mirror
>waxed matches w/ striker pad
>basic fishing stuff

I never really got the fishing thing though, it's contingent on you being near water with fish in it.

Useless and dumb:
>bandaids or steri-strips
>razor blade
>jigsaw blade
>tiny lengths of p cord
>button compass

>>1066202
I remember doing this as a kid with my dad for primitive fire starting. I should start doing it again for funsies and experiment with different materials. We always used old denim from torn up jeans.
>>
I keep one as my fire starting tin, it's got a bunch of wax dipped strike anywhere matches, a cheap magnesium striker, a Bic, a magnifying glass and a pile of old dryer lint. Making a whole "survival" kit out of these is retarded.
>>
>>1065515
fatwood, jute twine, and a small ferrorod.
>>
File: 20170723_150147.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170723_150147.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>1065515
I have three tins currently in my pack since they fit perfectly in the space I have. A fourth will be added to fill the last spot but hasn't been finalized yet.

One is dental hygiene kit. Floss threaders, pics, floss, toothbrush, and salt.

One is quicky first aid and contains bandaid and alcohol swabs.

The last is medicine and has benadryl, acetaminophen, and I need to get more ibuprofen.
>>
>>1065515
Dimentions of the box pls. In cm.
>>
>>1066250
>We always used old denim
Try usnea, various mushrooms, dried grasses, etc. It's pretty much all just carbon once you cook it.
>>
File: jdslabs cmoybb.jpg (187KB, 1000x490px) Image search: [Google]
jdslabs cmoybb.jpg
187KB, 1000x490px
a headphone amp, obviously
>>
>>1066569
it's 1 Altoids tin wide, by 1 Altoids tin long, by 1 Altoids tin deep.
>>
>>1065515
I put in straws filled with spices fer cookin
>>
>>1065515

I use them as a junk drawer. Needle and thread, a extra button, spare button compass. I don't try to make a survival kit out of some thing so small.
>>
>>1066250

>sealed straw full of bleach to purify water

Why not just throw in water purification tablets? You'd be able to carry more, not worry about the package breaking and leaking. It also sounds a lot less autistic too.
>>
>>1066405
that sounds good. i wonder about gluing or rubber cement a rubber band around the clasping area for a little more watertightness. even humidity can be a pain sometimes
>>
several pre-rolled joints, box of matches, tinder (cotton, lint, whatever), all in a plastic bag
>>
>>1067354
>not flexin a 'cep to a hottie whilst pouring bleach into your muddy water
>>
>>1065515
Tabacco, found this box with tabacco, loved the design as well
>>
>>1065515
CCI MiniMags
>>
Meth, meth pipe, bic, and a razor blade to kill yourself after meth runs out.
>>
Makeshift fishing gear, leatherman squirt ps4, a few bandaids and other medical things, and something to start a fire with.
>>
>>1072080
oh and a flashlight
>>
damn i just keep my weed in those lol
>>
>>1067354
If you boil the bleach the water will evaporate leaving you with a very concentrated powder. It stores much better than liquid stuff.
>>
>>1066202
this anon knows where its at, charcloth is a difficult way to start fire to most people, but its oh so rewarding when you do it. highly recommend (just don't forget a lighter/ferro rod incase things get shitty and you need fire asap, those fit inside the tin too)
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.