[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was watching Backcountry and despite being pretty retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: backcountry-poster.jpg (505KB, 680x983px) Image search: [Google]
backcountry-poster.jpg
505KB, 680x983px
I was watching Backcountry and despite being pretty retarded if you view it from someone with actual /out/ skills and or experience, it's kinda accurate if you look at it from a normie (for the lack of better word) pov. Anyway I don't consider myself either, I'm somewhat in the middle but I live in a relatively small country so you only shit yourself if you're pretty fucking retarded(it happens frequently to many people tho).
Either way I digress, my question is, how easy is to get yourself lost in a big wooded country like the US/Canada for instance?

Also, even though it doesn't happen very often I have read that there was a surge in bear attacks lately (maybe it's just fear mongering) but is it a concern for some of you guys there?

Thanks if you take the time to reply
>>
Haven't seen it, what's retarded exactly?
>>
>>1065379
>Knows the national park real good and "needs no map"
>Gets lost at the first chance
>Meme axe
And a couple more memes that I'm certain that will trigger sc/out/s who watch it.
>>
Every year in Idaho a dozen faggots from back east or local women wander down a trail and disappear or die of dehydration or drive off a cliff. It makes for good entertainment. Oh same thing happens when Idaho faggots go east or to California and get nogged.
>>
>>1065454
>nogged
what does that mean?
>>
>>1065718
They drink too much eggnog and stumble out into the woods to never return.
>>
>>1065381
>tfw no /out/gf
>>
>>1065735
>tfw no gf
>>
>>1065718
negros attack them on the highway or innawoods
>>
>>1065347
>how easy is to get yourself lost
Don't know, never done it, but I suppose lesser men have managed.
>is [bears] a concern for some of you
Seems like a lot of people here fear wildlife, I've only ever encountered black bears, and they're too timid to be a serious threat.

Television consistently overplays dangers though. Truth is, if you're not an idiot, you won't die. Most people are idiots, so in their case, the fear is rational.
>>
>>1065347
>how easy is it to get lost in a big wooded country
Well, let's put it this way. We have a county park near my house. It's a grand total of 17 acres (0.07 square kilometers or 0.025 square miles). Over half of it is comprised of two ponds with a paved walkway around them, and another [somewhere between 6th and 8th] of it is a petting zoo. At no point in the park can you not see the parking lot, since the parking lot is pretty much in the middle of it, and at no point in the park can you not see and hear the petting zoo. The whole thing is surrounded by housing developments, there is no possible way to be more than 100 meters from pavement anywhere in the park.

Every year there are around a dozen people who get "lost" and call either emergency services or the park ranger to come retrieve them, and another 2-3 dozen small children who get "lost" and their parent(s) flip the fuck out and call emergency services. Granted, most of the adults have mental issues like dementia/Alzheimer's or had a nasty drug trip, but every year there's at least 2 with nothing apparently wrong with them who convince themselves they're lost.
>>
File: 1429469465429.jpg (177KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1429469465429.jpg
177KB, 800x800px
>>1066197
>if you're not an idiot, you won't die
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.