[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ Meta Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 16

File: IMAG2231.jpg (814KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2231.jpg
814KB, 1520x2688px
/out/ Meta Thread
We are allowed one meta thread per board to discuss board culture and things we hope to see from our 4chan sponsored safe space.
What do you anons think would make the board a better place?
For me, I would like to see more support of people trying to live /out/. It seems every time someone asks how to live outside they are either directed to the homeless thread or just plain told they will die. I think that is ridiculous. We love the outdoors and there is no argument behind, "lol ull die fgt." We should support anyone trying to live a more /out/ lifestyle, whether that means going on weekend hikes or trying to make a whole life of it. Why in the world are the only folks around here who are trying to help these people the homeless? It seems everyone has 10 reasons why NOT to live outside and the only people who are supporting this idea are bums. What the fuck. There would also be benefit in decreasing shitposts. Whether or not you believe you're clever should not influence the rest of us. Many people try and help but are immediately dissuaded due to shitposts. Why, as a board, do we shitpost so much? What motivates you guys to throw negativity all over the place?
>hunting
Is it /k/ or /out/? Somewhere in between?
>bushcraft
I for one am pretty saddened that we can't talk about building things innawoods without some faggot coming in and posting 'batony chop chop babby' bullshit and trying to derail the whole thread. Why do we shit on /out/ activities that we all supposedly love?

What would YOU like to see from /out/? Am I just a huge faggot? Hope to hear from you anons
>>
File: IMG_0414.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0414.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1064886
/k/ is pretty terrible. I think the hunting threads are better off here. The venison is never as good when you take the deer with an RPG.

But we should send the majority of knoife threads to /k/ because that board is better at hosting that specific type of 'tism.

And the hobo fegs, if's like black people. The average poster wouldn't hate you quite so much if your community wasn't full of so many scumbags.
>>
File: IMAG1503_1.jpg (201KB, 456x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1503_1.jpg
201KB, 456x807px
>>1064889
I also think hunting can be a lot more about /out/ than /k/. Like you said. We aren't blasting deer with 30rds of RIP ammo out of our FALs and SBRs.
Knife threads are relevant here as well but with the amount of meme bullshit that we deal with /k/ is definitely the better host for that. It seems like most people just want to post pocket jewelry anyway, and the edge geometry fags trigger me so hard. Also gibs me $12 orange kershaw pls.
I see what you mean about the bums, but our resident ones seem like pretty good people, unless you measure what makes a good person by the content of their bank accounts. I think they deserve better than they get. But at the same time I never post in the homeless thread or come to bat for them so I suppose I'm part of that problem.
>>
>>1064886
>What would YOU like to see from /out/?
I second decreased shitposting, especially from the r9k/mgtow faggots (and enough with the unnecessary /pol/posting, too). Other than that, I think this is a comfy place to hang out. I do like the level of helpfulness I find here and on /diy/.
>>
File: comeon.jpg (34KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
comeon.jpg
34KB, 599x337px
>>1064893
>mgtow and /pol/ pls go
Agreed. I remember when people would post /out/gf threads and actually not be met with 50 posts about how their girlfriends fuck their friends behind their backs and are all nasty gold digging bimbos.
I have an /out/ wife. Many of us have SOs who support and love the things we do. Why can't we share comfy pics of our chicks at camp without someone trying to remind us they sucked a dick that wasn't ours?
>>
wish it was a bit more active desu lads
>>
>>1064898
Any ideas on how to bring in fresh posters?
I think the shitposting dissuades a lot of people from returning or posting more. It seems like a lot of the new posters threads are along the lines of 'how i live outside' and mostly the anons here tell them they have to get a career and a life before they can try to have fun /out/ which has to be shitposting right? It seems like the argument goes straight to being a bum or being a normie who parks their RV in their backyard 11 months out of the year. I haven't just noticed this today either, it is definitely a recurring theme. I would not keep posting here if the first experience I had was a total thread derailment of anons arguing about shit I never asked.
Didnt we all grow up playing in the streams and fields around our hometowns? Mountains and rivers? Did we bang our first girlfriends innawoods? Did we decide we were 16 year old survival pros and go live innawoods for a week eating plants and fish?
Or did we all have a clear vision of our career path which we followed with 100% accuracy to deliver us to financial freedom by the age of 40 which allowed us to /truly/ appreciate nature and the world around us?
I'd rather have more "what would you take to a desert island" threads than argue about when it is acceptable for a person to go outside. I think anons should be more accepting of new posters.
>>
>>1064899
this may sound edgy cause I'm a 20y/o but kids these days usually just play on ipads, they don't go playing in the woods and stuff - the seemingly only people in my generation who're getting into /out/ are people doing it for the appearance instead of because they enjoy it you know posting hiking pictures on social media etc, whenever I've actually gone with them they mostly complain - I think outdoor hobbies are just gradually dying out I mean I'd bet a lot of people posting on out don't even do out stuff, they just like the idea of it

I do think acceptance of new people matters though if someone has a shitty first experience chances are they won't come back
>>
>>1064899
We don't want new posters.
>>
>>1064900
>a lot of people posting on out don't even do out stuff, they just like the idea of it
I agree with your whole post, but this part in particular shines out. Why the hell is this so common here?
If you are one of these anons, what makes you stay /in/? If you have this interest, why do you not act on it?
>>1064901
Anon pls
>>
>>1064900
>>1064903
Rule 1 and 2 faggots, new posters only delute board cultures, increases shitposting and cancer growth and ultimately leads to less productive conversation.
>>
>>1064904
Less productive than what exactly? I don't see a whole lot of productivity in this board, besides long established threads.
Face it, you need fresh brains in here.
>>
>>1064903
>If you are one of these anons, what makes you stay /in/?
I was one of these anons, lurked here for a long while wanted to get into innawoods stuff from childhood, but my parents only liked glamping then as I reached the age I could go innawoods on my own I developed pretty bad anxiety and schizo so it would have been a terrifying experience but now I've got a new outlook and stuffs better so that's why I didn't act on it but I think for the average person they believe they can get everything from just watching it and talking about it ya know they don't realize actually doing it is so much better I mean to paraphrase some quote that made me start to try working towards managing it to live something once is better than to watch it a million times plus I think a lot of people fantasizing about it have an under exposure to nature a lot of people have I kinda went off and rambled so my answer is people think the experience with nature they get through a computer is just as good

>>1064904
what do rules 1 & 2 have to do with anything are you saying every new user is an underage criminal? also your new poster thing isn't true considering everyone who posts was at one point a new poster
>>
File: IMG_2295.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2295.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1064890
I think some of those Kershaws might still be around for cheap. And it was $17. I like that one, it's a good tackle bag knoife.

There's also that big CRKT and those were all over for like $25 after they discontinued them. It's a nice knife for the money I guess, but too big for me. That one would probably be better for defense than utility.

And yeah the hobo threads, I just scroll past em in the catalog. I don't mind em. But it's important to remember that most of the people in those threads are tweakers.
>>
>>1064907
>people think the experience with nature they get through a computer is just as good
Can any other anons weigh in on this? I think you hit the nail on the head. I understand the technocracy we all live in, but why do people here on /out/ seem to be all up in arms in their ignorance? Every argument seems to be to extremes, a bear is deadly or a huge wet vagina. Summiting a big mountain is either a huge goal to achieve or simple childs play and Patagonia gear. Living in the woods by your house is either extremely deadly or ezpz. You need 10k worth of gear or just the basics from a milsurp store. What gives? It seems to be obvious who goes /out/ and who does not, does the web of shitposting extend forever or can we defeat this?
>>
File: IMG_20110818_160907.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20110818_160907.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>1064909
>most of the people in those threads are tweakers
You're right, what's with the amount of tweakers browsing /out/? Why do they hate bums? What gives? Would raising meth awareness help our board?
>>
>>1064910
it's honestly a problem on most boards, people come here to lurk and learn then they see something that pisses them off and just HAVE to get involved then they just start posting an unspoken 4chan rule used to be lurk a board for 3-6 months before posting to learn the culture and about the topics discussed but now because of the expose 4chan has people just post whatever whenever they like
>>
>>1064912
People also seem to hate being told to lurk moar. Go figure.
>>
I'll be curious to see what happens to the board during winter when the fairweather folks stay in. Fingers crossed for some frequent snowshoeing and winter hiking threads.
>>
>>1064899
I came here a few weeks ago, but I want to lurk and learn some more before I actually start posting anything
>>
>>1064952
you just posted about how you're waiting to post
>>
File: disgusted.gif (476KB, 220x110px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.gif
476KB, 220x110px
I want to see less meta threads because this one is cancer.
>>
>>1064903
>I agree with your whole post, but this part in particular shines out. Why the hell is this so common here?
>If you are one of these anons, what makes you stay /in/? If you have this interest, why do you not act on it?
Getting out is expensive. I'm saving up for a backpacking kit and the pack, tent, and sleeping bag are all $100-200. With that said, I do day hikes when I have the opportunity and fish quite often so I'm not 100% /in/.
>>1064904
Rules 1 and 2 only apply to /b/. We're long past the sekrit club days here and there's no going back. Regardless, I think /out/ has remained a fairly niche and comfy board, but has never developed much of a "board culture", nor do I think in particularly needs it.
>>
>>1064998
/thread
>>
people ruining threads and cancer threads

>The guy recruiting kids for his moving drug party directing everyone to HG

>The fag telling everyone to go to /pol/

>the roastie shaming men who are woke

>The twats telling everyone to recycle or leave no trace

>the retards who buy something and then ask what /out/ thinks
>>
>>1065056
Hey man, I agree with leaving no trace, or at least the old rule of "pack it in, pack it out." I try to avoid disturbing nature for the most part. If you litter and destroy shit all the time, it's like pouring ash into the cooling fan for your XBox and following it up with water, and then scouring your game discs with sandpaper. Except it's also the only XBox in home of 5-6 people and you all share it. When you go fucking up nature, you're screwing it all up for yourself and everyone else. I'm not saying "don't dig a latrine or light a fire." I'm saying "cover it back up and clean up your firepit."
>>
>>1065069
And I'm saying your nagging has the opposite effect and convinces no one of anything except you are a virtue signaling scold
>>
File: rsz_1img_20170420_112505.jpg (437KB, 955x1271px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1img_20170420_112505.jpg
437KB, 955x1271px
>>1065056
Hey man i dont direct people anywhere, ive barely been posting at all lately. You can come party and do drugs with us if you want though. One of the dudes from /out/ just came back through after 3 months of hitching up and down the west coast and riding trains havin a good ole time. Gains son.
For the record ive met 6 /out/ists over the past year and youve all been great, fuckyeah.
As far as /out/ goes the only thing id change is permabanning the couple dudes who ruin threads on purpose with neverending shitposts. The lengths they go to are hilarious sometimes but shitting up the board that hard is fuckin lame, especially when its new posters with legit questions.
>>
>>1065109
Where do you live?

Let's all go dump trash on this dipshit's porch
>>
>>1065109
Wait, someone wants to keeps the woods looking nice? On an outdoors board?

Shut it down.
>>
>>1064998
You hate the smell of your own shit so much you had to come in just to be a faggot. Congrats.
>>
>>1064897
>Many of us have SOs who support and love
Please do not derail threads by bragging about your wife.
YOU are the problem
>>
>>1065109
No one is able to understand what you are saying.
I have no idea why.
LIberals do not understand that scolding and shaming are no longer effective tools.
This is why the orange monster was elected yet they still do not understand.
>>
>>1065131
Broh i smash puss all the time broh. Dont feel bad about it broh just lift some weights, drink beers and defend minorities and you can smash puss on the reg too broh
>>
>>1065132
What the fuck did I just read?
You are one confused motherfucker.
>>
File: 1496689111464.png (199KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
1496689111464.png
199KB, 1800x1578px
>>1064998
Pic is you. Get over yourself
>>
>>1065152
Did you even try to follow the conversation?
>>
>>1065169
Conversation?
>>
>hunting
> Is it /k/ or /out/? Somewhere in between?

Do people really debate this? Hunting is the epitome of /out/.
>>
>>1064911
Tweaker bums have a whole lot of free time to sit in the library all geeked up and shitpost.

>>1064952
Lurk moar fggt

>>1064998
Upvote!
>>
>>1065208
Do tweaker bums hate other bums who arent tweakers? Is that who is behind all the shitposting? Why isnt there open season on tweakers yet?
>>
>>1065276
Not sure.

But I do know that non-tweaker bums hate the tweakers because everybody hates tweaker bums.

And the tweaker bums probably don't mind the ones who don't do meth because they have to sleep from time to time and it gives the tweakers lots of opportunities to rob them.
>>
>>1064886
Just be the change you want to see. Dunno how hard this is for people to understand. Stop replying to trolls. Stop trying to format the community with "meta" threads. Participate when you have something worthwhile to post or DON'T POST.

I'm breaking my own rule by even replying to this thread but it amazes me that people just dont get it. 4chan is not a "safe space". It is not a community. It's a place where people post anonymously and it will be whatever it will be at any given point in time. If you want it to be different just don't engage with what you don't like and engage and post what you do like. Who gives a fuck if 99% of the board is trash to you so long as you can find something that works for you. Enjoy what you enjoy and others will enjoy what they enjoy. How fucking hard is this to understand....
>>
>>1065292
No, that is not acceptable. I want to control the actions of other people and make them stop liking what I dont like.
>>
>>1065292
Minorities don't belong innawoods. Or anywhere else where the average white person goes to enjoy some peace and quiet. They should stay innainnercity where all of the stores accept food stamps.
>>
File: chrome_2017-07-21_17-10-19.jpg (325KB, 898x889px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-21_17-10-19.jpg
325KB, 898x889px
I wish the homosexuals/bitter betas would fuck off about bitching about women on here. Quite a few of us are married to women who are more than capable, and in many cases more capable.
>>
>>1065304
>Quite a few of us are married to women who are more than capable
Once again, you are shitting up another thread.
Why are you so determined to ruin this place?
>>
>>1065307
The homos/beta fags are ruining this place, what are you talking about? They're the ones who cry about shit and ruin every thread and throw insults when a woman is brought up.

>>1065302
Don't come to California then, lots of latinas hiking with their amazing glutes and busty profiles. It's lovely.
>>
>>1065304
i'm not married but live in a relationship with a girl or say woman now for 8 years. i wouldn't be the man i am without her she really anchors me in life and helps me find ambition and keep on fighting and grinding trying to improve myself.

but i get the bitching i really do. i could bitch for hours about all the crap i have to get through with her. and the stuff she is lethally afraid of like fucking bats or maybugs or frogs... it's a fucking nightmare to go out with her not to mention everything has to be on schedule and only go at marked paths like a faggot and god forbid if i want to catch a good sleep and we can't start at dawn that would ruin the day oh boy...
>>
>>1065308
>when a woman is brought up.

There is no good reason to ever do this.
Every thread that gets derailed because you had to bring up your wife, is your fucking fault.
STOP or quit complaining about MGTOW.
>>
>>1065310
Sorry you're dating a pussy :\

My wife doesn't give a fuck about bugs, snakes, bears, at least any more than I do.

She loves getting an early start because that means it's nice and cool.

>>1065312
Sometimes it's useful to ask questions that include bringing up who you are going with.
>>
>>1065313
>Sometimes it's useful to ask questions that include bringing up who you are going wit

Not worth derailing the thread and only accounts for 0.009% of times women get brought up here.
Most of the time its some smug married guy that is the trying to bait the incels here because they love the fight and love the feeling of superiority.
Of course the incels are bitter lonely people , why fucking provoke them?
The guy posting pics of his kid is probably the worst. I cannot imagine in a million years posting my kids photos here for perverts to masturbate over.
What the fuck is wrong with people?
>>
File: 2014-02-28_10-23-58.jpg (137KB, 981x877px) Image search: [Google]
2014-02-28_10-23-58.jpg
137KB, 981x877px
>>1065310
Only with fucking misogynist fucking pricks would it ever be an issue to talk like a normal person about your life.

Dear god, I feel so sorry for you. How have you not seriously hurt someone with your lack of anger control yet?
>>
>>1065320
>Only with fucking misogynist fucking pricks would it ever be an issue to talk like a normal person about your life

Well anon, you are in a place called 4chan
This is not a normal place and the rules are vastly different here.

Your normal conversation somewhere else causes a total shitstorm here.
This happens every single time.
Please figure this out
>>
File: IMG_5194.jpg (211KB, 855x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5194.jpg
211KB, 855x640px
>>1065308
It's ok. After I'm done fishin, I will go /in/ and do something with the Latina. Best thing is she ain't Mexican.
>>
>>1065349
you ever arm fuck that horse or what
>>
>>1065317
>Incels

Fuck off plebbit. Only faggots talk like that
>>
Having a wife of gf is in no way related to outdoor activity, so why even talk about them here? Why is it even an issue? This goes for both sides with people sperging out over the mention of a female, and people thinking it's all good and grand having someone special and want to rub it into other peoples faces.
>>
I suggest everyone go outside then they wouldn't care about little stuff like this.

>>1064998
Less trying to control what other people are allowed to do would be nice.
>>
>>1064886

All I want to see is the stupid 'im an angsty teen and im running away from home to live in the wild like a special snowflake' threads.

They do my fucking box in.
>>
>>1065503
How hard is it for you not to click on those threads?
>>
>>1065568
It's all he wants to see, ya mororon
>>
>>1065317
Projecting much?
>>
>>1065604
how so?
>>
File: Soranus.png (10KB, 317x89px) Image search: [Google]
Soranus.png
10KB, 317x89px
>>1065465
>>1065343

Jesus christ, go fuck off to /b/ you pieces of shit
>>
>>1064898
>>1064899
a part of the population has moved over to discord, most do still post on /out/ but some traffic has been directed to there since people seem to prefer it ( including myself)

its kind of quiet at times , But theres usually some sort of conversations going on, and the moderation is arguably better than on 4chan since ive seen little to no shitposting and those who do have been removed Most folks are pretty friendly there aswell
>>
>>1065689
Do you think /b/ is the only edgy part of 4chan?
4chan is a fucked up internet culture and that is why most of us are here.
Perhaps you would be more comfortable somewhere else.
>>
>>1065705
That sounds like a place I dont want to be.
What is good about 4chan is the lack of moderation.
>>
>>1065707
mods arent nazis, But when people join and start shitposting about peeing in waiders theyre removed,
ive been in the discord since near the beginning and only have seen 2 people banned i think
plus the mods are /out/doorsmen theselves so its not like an outsider moderating it
>>
>>1065706
This board is really normie by 4chan standards tho.

And now thanks to the MGTOW people, we have a second thread on Page 1 about going /out/ with girls.

I refuse to bring any girls fishin if I really like them. I fear that they will enjoy it and if somehow I get married to one of them and I need to gtfo of the house away from her for an afternoon, I need fishin as an excuse and do not want her to try and tag along.

Other than that, we are always outside goin for walks and hanging out by the beach or at the ranch.
>>
>>1065705
can I grab a link to that discord?
>>
>>1065713
-https://discord.gg/GcGXtdZ
>>
>>1065709
>peeing in waiders theyre removed
sound like nazis to me.
I am not interested in conversations where I cant say whatever I please.
Western culture is going down the shitter and its because of people who cant handle a little shitpoasting.
>>
>>1065719
if someone does nothing but shitpost and doesnt do anything but i personally dont see the loss
>>
File: IMG_9532.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9532.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
I think if more people used tripcodes, /out/ would be a better board ;^)
>>
>>1065722
am i doing it right?
>>
File: IMG_5161.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5161.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1065723
Not even close
>>
>>1065721
>>1065721
I do
Shitposting is an unfortunate side effect of a healthy board.
Moderation kills far more quickly than shitposting.
>>
>>1065736
>hurr mods r bad
>>
>>1065705
>discord
this
>>1065715
couple of guys that know their shit there
with some shitposting on the side, naturally, because
>4chan
>>
>>1065722
As much as I hate to, I kind of agree. I kinda like being able to attribute certain posts to people and knowing what they're up to, kinda creates context. It's different from other boards in that way for me.

I do think hunting is /out/. The /k/ part of it is actually a very small and only incidental aspect. Hunters account for a significant portion of conservation even, and including those people -and mutual understanding- is important to the future of both our hobby sets. We both need open and public land and we both need loud voices and lobbying to keep that access.

All in all I like /out/, maybe a little less antagonism would be good. Different practices aside, we were all new to this once and most of us have struggled with something. But still this is a pretty supportive board comparatively.

That said, I will never stop shitposting. It's a little healthy banter s all
>>
>>1064889
>/k/ is pretty terrible
hugh wot, /k/ is one of the single best communities of any kind on the internet
>>
>>1065689

>ask why something is an issue when it shouldn't be
>OMG go back to /B/ you turd!!!1!!

I wonder who was right.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.