[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here store food /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

I'm thinking about storing 5 years worth of rice and beans in buckets in various locations around town, just in case I ever have a mental breakdown and decide to stop being a wage cuck.

I can get 50 lbs of rice for around $15. I was reading mylar bags and oxygen absorbers are the way to go.I was going to do that, then double wrap it in a regular trash bag, and then throw it in a hardware store bucket and bury them
>>
>>1064610
Are you sure you haven't already had that mental break down? You're literally prepping in case you decide at some point later in life that you're a squirrel.
>>
>>1064615
And I'll be able to walk around the city laughing at all the normie cucks who don't have years worth of rice and beans stored away.
>>
>>1064610
>in case I ever have a mental breakdown
Anon I have bad news for you. Either way it's better to be paranoid than get caught with your pants down.
>>
>>1064610
I've only heard of this for ammo, but -

in addition to the things mentioned above, seal the lid with a thick layer of hard wax. you'd be surprised how even a really tightly sealed container will slowly let in moisture and air over years

also consider your local climate

it's going to be easier to preserve in upslope areas and dry regions
>>
>>1064610
I keep general supplies as well as food (though not five years' worth, holy fuck. Get yourself a vacuum bag system (works with mylar) to individually seal the bags, toss an oxygen/moisture absorber in each bag. Also, rice and beans? Are you retarded? Your body needs more than just calories and amino acids. Try eating just rice and beans for just a month and you'll CAUSE a mental breakdown. If your budget is that tight, at least add some ramen, oats, grits and sugar to that list (all needs repacking).

>And I thought I was crazy.
>>
>>1066206
What are Ramen, oats, grits, and sugar bringing to the table nutritionally that would help prevent a mental breakdown?
>>
>>1066226
It's not nutritional, it's psychological. I once did nothing but Nutella for a week straight, stopped eating entirely rather than continue eating delicious chocolate-flavored hazelnut. What's that tell you?
>>
>>1064610
You can buy bulk food storage food from the mormon church online for super cheap. Just order some of that to your door desu
>>
>>1064610
>I'm thinking about storing 5 years worth of rice and beans in buckets in various locations around town
wew
>>
File: 1499400633606.png (238KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
1499400633606.png
238KB, 430x430px
>>1064610
I have a better idea

>Save your cash dollars
>buy food when you need it
>>
File: 1499970793812.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1499970793812.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>1066262
I bet you think rent and taxes are a good idea too.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.