[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scouting's National Jamboree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-NJ-logo-jacket-600.jpg (221KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
2017-NJ-logo-jacket-600.jpg
221KB, 600x601px
This is the thread to discuss anything relating to scouting, more particularly, the National Jamboree, which just kicked off Wednesday.

Now before I'm banned, I will say that I am over the age of 18, and staffing this event.

Are any anons here going to Jambo/are here? What are your thoughts/expectations?
I hear Trump is supposed to be here some time this week or next week.

If you're not participating in Jambo, why not share a scouting story or two if you were in scouts?

Jamboree Thread/General Scouting Thread
>>
File: BSA 2013 Jamboree logo.jpg (586KB, 1338x2316px) Image search: [Google]
BSA 2013 Jamboree logo.jpg
586KB, 1338x2316px
Not going to be in attendance this time, but I was at the 2010 jamboree, and was my troop's SPL at the 2013 Jamboree:

>no more based Springbar tents; everything is provided by the Jamboree itself
>we did gets cots that time instead of the sleeping pads we used in 2010, though
>shotgun was fun, in large part because of the expansive views on the far side
>someone walked into our camp and stole the confederate flag pin from Gettysburg off my hat while I was making sure we had dinner, reee
>there were some woodcraft / historical areas on top of Garden Ground Mountain; the hike was well worth it
>the OA's fetishization of Indians is still weird
>we befriended some scouts from Egypt up there
>the wait for the ziplines was very long given how little time you actually spend on them
>the heavy military presence balances out increasing influence of soccer moms in the BSA
>macho things like the SEAL challenge are good for teenage boys
>constant rain and poor drainage turned our campsite into a mud wallow
>we covered it with boxes from the commissary so it wasn't an issue
>hometown news reporters or whatever get to take flights in military helicopters, should've done that

I wish we had more meaningful interaction with scouts from other troops, honestly. Waiting for the shower together or taking an easy merit badge class doesn't count. An overnight trek of some sort could easily be fit into the jamboree.

I got ripped off way more on patch trading in 2010, but I was also much younger. My only other really striking memories of 2010:
>getting stood up by Obama
>huddling with our duffel bags in the commissary after a severe weather warning on the last day
>hoping the bus arrives soon as we try to sleep, ignoring the small river pouring in under our mound of bags
>it rains a lot in the East

I'm jealous of you, getting a speech not only from a sitting President, but from the God-Emperor himself. Will a Trump patch be issued? I may have to haunt ebay for the next few weeks if so.
>>
File: catnip for autists.jpg (270KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
catnip for autists.jpg
270KB, 1024x576px
>>1064062
Also, 2013 especially felt too electronics-heavy for a scouting event. I'm all for STEM engagement; I study engineering these days. My scoutmaster and I also heavily discouraged phone use, and I believe this was the correct policy. Do the charging stations set the wrong tone? Kids these days...
>>
>>1064069
As staff you pretty much need your phone for updates from your station, but during scouts I could get by for like 3/4 of a week turning off my phone and turning it back on when I wanted to call my mom.

Honestly, I just wish it was more subtle. I get that they're accepting of technology, but scouts wasn't really founded on the principles of phone use.
>>
>>1064062
carefull he doesn't grab you all by the boipussy
>>
>>1063990
I got some pretty wicked patches today if anyone wants to see
>>
>>1065060
Lets see em anon. Ive always been shit on in trades, maybe you made out better
>>
>>1065068
Lol I already traded the ones I was talking about. I found my council's 2017 Jambo patches, and started patch trading 1 of mine for 2 of someone else's. I started with like 7 and I'm lookin at about 30 rn
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.