[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT outdoors youtubers you hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: Hike On! -Darwin.png (921KB, 759x594px) Image search: [Google]
Hike On! -Darwin.png
921KB, 759x594px
I dont have cable so I spend all idle time at home shitposting here and watching youtube. The list of outdoor channels I despise is growing every day. I will list just a few:

Darwin onthetrail
Homemade Wanderlust
Raw Alignment
Follow Bigfoot

are there any actual worthwhile hiking youtubers? Joe Brewer is my current favorite but he hasnt made new vids in a minute.
>>
>>1063579
I don't waste time and energy subjecting myself to things I hate. Well, except 4chan.

If you've run out of videos get off the computer and go for a walk or something.
>>
>>1063593
>Well, except 4chan
see, we all have our stuff we want to bitch about.

>go for a walk
yeah usually what I do, or cook food or work on projects/plan future trips. but talkin shit on this board is fun for when im stuck inside at work like now.
>>
>>1063579
>outdoors youtubers you hate
All of them
>/out/ists you hate
Any one who posts about youtubers
>>
Shugemery
>>
>>1063579
nutnfancy
>>
Hiker in Estonia channel link
:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvw83C8PPHDrgKGTcWSl80Q
>>
This is a shill thread
>>
>>1063579
Do these people come to your house and shill their channel or something? I dislike some people online, but I don't know who they are since I don't actively go to their channels just to hate them.

>thread hidden
>>
>>1063579
>outdoors youtubers you hate
>outdoors youtubers
>youtubers

if the point of you going outside is to point a camera at yourself and be an attention whore, you missed the point of going outside entirely
>>
>>1063880
Everybody has their own reasons for enjoying the outdoors, anon.
>>
>hating someone I have never met
>from jewtube of all places
I dislike wran*ler but it's because I unsub'd a couple years ago and he's still regularly appearing on my recommendations.
>>
>>1063890
>>1063890
oh god wrangelercucks videos are still in my side bar and I havent clicked a single one since early 2015 when I unsubbed
>>
> are there any actual worthwhile hiking youtubers?
The worthwhile people don't whore themselves for likes so probably not.
>>
reddmage and earlyriser71. bunch of hiking bums on youtube this year, just bums living in the woods really.
>>
There's that Dane that makes comfy vids about his travels.

He's been on this board a couple of times asking for advice. Posted his channel here one time.
>>
Does anyone like/know Joe Robinet? I'm kind of undecided.
>>
>>1064205
Fuck off and look at the catalogue faggot
>>
Raw alignment gives me conniptions. Just want to punch her r e a l l y hard in the face. Darwin has some pretty informative videos
>>
>>1064210
>Just want to punch her r e a l l y hard in the face
glad im not the only one.

everyone here can SMD, im not a shill I just have no life and im desperately searching for confirmation bias of my niche video interests, so thanks anon.
>>
>>1063579

>raw alignment

I just met that little skank the other day with her faggot boyfriend.
>>
>>1063715
TNP is great. Guns, motorcycles, gear, playing soldier, lots of fun.
>>
>>1063579
Go outside & do it yourself. That's what I did. I'm in the woods now .. filming for Youtube ;)
>>
Am I in the minority in that I don't really watch any outdoor youtube channels? Actually I barely watch any youtube videos at all unless I want to see something specific.

Just seems like a waste of time. These people aren't that interesting. You guys should just stop watching all of these peoples' shit and make them go do something useful or starve to death vs. giving them ad revenue.
>>
>>1064870
I don't watch any of that shit. Youtube is for tutorials as needed, "satisfying videos", occasional cat videos, and cute boys, as needed. Not for the semicompetent gallivantings of some autist.
>>
>>1063579
>Darwin onthetrail

Fucking toptier hiking channel. What's the issue OP? He suggests gear you can't afford or something?

His channel is for people trying to go ultralight and be out for weeks or months at a time.
>>
>>1064704
>>
>>1064205
Stop self-shilling, Joe.
or just kys, whichever is easier.
>>
>>1063579
Sintax77
>>
I hate most of the outdoors and bushcraft channels.
>>
>>1065189
I can afford the gear he uses, it's not about money, and honestly a ton of his shit is really affordable cause I don't think he makes a super huge income. Really hes just not my style. He is one of those "don't forget to like comment and subscribe" faggots, really anyone who says that in a certain way grinds my gears and wont gain my loyalty as a viewer. He also has bug eyes and waves his hands around violently which bothers me to the ppint that i cant even concentrate watching him. He has some experience doing the AT and a failed mountain biking thru of the AZT but hes not even close to an expert, yet talks like one. A lot of his reviews are essentially first looks, like the BRS3000 where he doesn't even mention how a light breeze can blow the stove out, and he is a huge fan of affiliate links. Oh and he calls his wife snuggles on camera like the audience should just automatically know who the hell he is talking about

Hike On,
Darwin
>>
>hiking YouTubers

I can't think of anything more retarded. What do you watch them do, walk around and set up a minimalist camp and eat ramen noodles?
>>
>>1065189
he recommends gear and then put affiliate links in the description.

He is a sellout.
>>
>>1064870
There are a shitload of good hunting and fishing channels.
>Born n raised Outdoors
>Jason Matzinger
>Hushin
>Blacktiph
>Catfish & Carp
>Midwest Whitetail
>DIY Sportsman

As I say here, I can't imagine how this would be compelling. >>1065609
>>
>>1065609
Most sit at home and make tips and tricks videos and gear reviews. A rare few do really good trail vlogs of long distance hikes, basically video the scenery and best parts of the trail and give updates on their hike ect. John Zahorian has a good channel full of vids like that over the course of 10k miles of hiking in the United states.

Then there's guys like Syntax77 who make hr long videos of their overnight hikes, or ones like Darwin who blows his knee out in mIle 80 of an 800 mIle hike. These are the guys you are talking about and are faggots
>>
>>1065616
Check out Niggas on da river
Actually surprisingle good fishing channel with entertaining country-nig banter
>>
>>1065621
yeah I've seen that one, funny stuff
>>
>>1064672
Pls elaborate anon
>>
File: 1439479624614.gif (3MB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1439479624614.gif
3MB, 200x250px
>>1065614
Oh, you poor baby - jealous someone isn't living off of welfare?
>>
>>1065760
if youre making videos of cheap amazon shit solely to try and get affiliate purchases (wranglerfucks $10 ax vid is a prime example, or darwins 13 dollar stove review) then your input on the product is null. I enjoy independent and sincere reviews,not people who church up horse shit trying to make a few bucks of a clicky-link. Sell outs are shills, you like shills?
>>
>>1065632

I'm hiking the AT. So was she until recently. I met her and her boy friend who is hiking with her. They were awful to be around.
>>
>>1066088
>raw alignment
Is that the raw vegan chick who recently quit the AT, like a few days ago?
>>
i HATE alfie
>>
>>1066093

That's what I said.
>>
I don't hate anyone.
>>
>>1064672
>raw alignment
>600k subscribers
Sorry I just don't get this hiking craze. It's like driving your car from New York to LA for no reason except to do it.

Why don't you guys get into backcountry hunting or fishing, at least have a purpose instead of just hiking around like a retard?
>>
>>1066135
her subs come from her veganism..
>>
>>1066135

I do that stuff too. Long distance hiking is an endurance sport more than anything. Also, walking 2000 plus miles puts a lot of life into perspective when you aren't being a vapid twat for a camera.
>>
>>1066153
Her real issue was insisting on staying raw vegan while doing a thru-hike. Fucking stupid. If she managed to do it, I'd have been impressed honestly. However, now I'm just thinking "hah, you had it coming."
>>
>>1066127
Sorry, I don't watch her shit, didn't know her channel name. My wife watches her shit and was laughing about her quitting the other day.
>>
File: IMG_2143.jpg (243KB, 664x1032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2143.jpg
243KB, 664x1032px
>>1066154

Yeah I got on her case about that. I also made sure to tell her about the vegan who climbed Mt. Everest to prove vegans could do anything and then promptly died ascending.

>>1066155

No need to apologize, buddy. I'm just blunt. Anyway, she was weak, she could have finished but gave up for her own reasons. I honestly don't think her boyfriend will last much longer after the halfway point. His log entries are already going south.

As an aside, I would totally put it in her clean, vegan poop-shoot.
>>
e2e quit making videos
> fuck me
>>
>>1063579
>Darwin onthetrail
He can kind of sound like a know it all, but really all he's doing is offering advice based on his experiences, and you can take it or leave it.

>Homemade Wanderlust
Pretty much the same as Darwin except with a country accent. Don't see why she's so bad either.

>Raw Alignment
Would bang, but otherwise annoying cunt.

>Follow Bigfoot
Kind of a tool bag who thinks of hiking as a competitive sport where proficiency and speed are the most important factors. I don't really like his style, but his channel can be informative sometimes.

OP I would like to know why you don't like these guys. Is there actually a reason or are you just one of them edgelords who will hate something just because other people like it?
>>
>>1065593
You're right about how he constantly bugs his eyes out and makes weird facial expressions. Like the others OP mentioned he makes a lot of pointless/worthless videos. One was tips for thru hiking. #1 wrap duct tape around your hiking poles, #2 use a pouch/cozy for your food that's when I closed the video. I wonder if he says you don't need 4-6 months of food when you start in GA

Will Wood is shit as well. He has a video for lightening your pack #1 lighten your big 3 buy zpacks. Thank you zpacks shill. #2 don't carry extra clothes no rain pants, sleep clothes or town clothes. But have extra socks for sleeping because his feet get smelly. How about the rest of your clothes? they're going to stink up your sleeping bag. For those who don't know washing a down sleeping bag is a 3 hour plus process. No town clothes becuase most of the time he would just wear his rain clothes to do the laundry. If you don't have rain pants how are you going to cover up your cock, balls and ass? Just keep your pack in front of you? He also got a plug in for a new zpacks jacket. To be fair to them I should watch the whole videos to see if they have any useful advice but if they start out with shit why bother.
>>
File: man-names-self-coyote.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
man-names-self-coyote.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>1063579
>>
Don't really hate them, but I don't like the Googan Squad or whatever. They all seem like dude bro bass fisherman.
>>
>>1064205
I like his videos, locations, his dog.
His talk about gear is also kind of interesting now and then.

Joe himself is pretty disgusting 80 % of the time though. A whiny faggot.
>>
>>1066140
>>1066135
Veganism is a huge fad on YouTube.

A lot of YouTubers are vegan. Some are decent. Most are to be avoided.

If it's the defining part of their channel or personality, you can guarantee that their content is shit and they will be insufferable.
>>
>>1066154
She says that she quit to prioritize her health but she's already back home on instagram making 25 stories a day. How fkn vain can you be
>>
>>1063579
Whats wrong with Darwinonthetrail OP? He knows his stuff and seems passionate about it. Definitely my favorite>>1063579
>>
>>1066394

I liked the vids where he gets bit off painful shit that's pretty funny.
>>
>>1063884
I mean a lot of mexicans and french canadians seems to want to use the outdoors as a garbage dump, doesn't mean I'm not going to hate them for doing it. Just because people are doing something to enjoy the outdoors doesn't mean that it's necessarily valid.
>>
MCQbushcraft is the only one worth watching . Comfy af and I actually learned some shit I didn't know here and there
>>
Its always obvious who actually enjoys going /out/ and who just used it as fuel for videos. The ppl OP mentions are all the type who just wanna make vids, with maybe the exception of Wanderlust who I'm not sure about
>>
>>1063890
there's [...] hidden in top right corner of the title when you hover over it
click it and pick "not interested"
not sure if you need yt account
>>
>>1069876
This is life changing information. Thank you so much for this. Feel retarded for not knowing about sooner
>>
There are a bunch of dudes in their 60s making hiking videos that get a couple dozen views, they're the best channels. Usually come across them when searching for an out-of-the-way spot and my browser search is on youtube instead of google.
>>
>>1065609
Well, there are videos made with head camera as the guy walks in some scenery, nice for learning how the place looks.
>>
>>1063579
>are there any actual worthwhile hiking youtubers?
Not sure about hiking, but my favorite /out/ related channels are:

Essential craftsman
Mr chickadee
Skill cult
Swedish homestead
>>
>>1069839
>the exception of Wanderlust who I'm not sure about
Are you kidding? Look at all the pointless videos she makes. Of course she wants to be a youtube star. Another sign is when they have text all over the thumbnails
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.