[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hermit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: noiceherm.jpg (798KB, 1149x1098px) Image search: [Google]
noiceherm.jpg
798KB, 1149x1098px
tell me /out/ how do I become a hermit, were is the best place to isolate myself and how do I start
>>
>dig a hole 2-4ish meters down
>put all the dirt in a chute with a string attached to release
>climb in hole
>pull string

never post shitty non substantial "muh i dont like that my dad wont let me listen to rock and roll so i am going to go live in the forest you guys" threads
>>
First thing, get a handle on your expenses and cut them down to the bone.

Next, over the years, save up about 15-25x of your yearly expenses.

Thirdly, drop out of society because you're financially free
>>
>>1063074
Inflation is a huge problem though.
>>
>>1063139
you can use investments to keep inflation from eating you.

Doesn't really matter that much anyways because you should own land, durable assets and be semi-self-sufficient.
>>
>>1063050
Fuck off, asshole
If you spent any time on this board, you would know not to bump
Go back to wherever you came from
This board does not exist to fulfill your loser, dropout fantasies
>>
>>1063038
if you have to ask you are going to die stay in the city retard
>>
File: deserthermitage01.jpg (111KB, 1194x794px) Image search: [Google]
deserthermitage01.jpg
111KB, 1194x794px
>>1063038
>tell me /out/ how do I become a hermit, were is the best place to isolate myself and how do I start
Find G-d. Accept Jesus into your heart. This way you can be isolated yet never alone. You can spend the rest of your days basking in divine love.
>>
>>1063349
Canon 603 if you are Catholic.
>>
>>1063038
By doing whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want to do it. Don't ask us, you know better than we do what makes you happy.
>>
>>1063366
b...bb...but what about [endless excuses]
>>
http://cfu.freehostia.com/Members/jeffreysawyer/livinginquiry/index.html
>>
>>1063349
Are you the same anon who's village gets raided by ISIS sometimes so you need to live in the desert? How are you doing these days?
>>
>>1063139
That number accounts for inflation, assuming that your assets are in stocks.

For real estate income (the other popular investment choice), there are different heuristics, though. In this case, though, both housing prices and rental rates generally raise with inflation, so you're covered in that case too.

But, the main lesson here is "Know Thy Numbers". You need to have a good idea of what your regular expenses are (or will be when you go full hermit/NEET/FIRE, whatever you what to call it) before anything else. But of course, overestimating to be on the safe side is always a good thing to do if you can.

I'll be doing something similar by the end of the year, so AMA I guess.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.