[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

feel good story; Dog Saves Baby Deer From Drowning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: awwww.png (320KB, 477x319px) Image search: [Google]
awwww.png
320KB, 477x319px
When Storm, an English Golden Retriever, spotted a faun struggling in the Long Island Sound, he swam into action, grabbing a hold of the deer and dragging it back to shore while his owner filmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fITrmVVEoZI

According to the local CBS station, the deer got spooked again after Storm rescued it — and ran straight back into the water. A few good (human) Samaritans helped out that time, and now the deer is making a full recovery

good doggo!
maybe that deer was suicidal
>>
>>1062284
As someone who's been around dogs all my life and seen them interact with pretty much every animal that exists in my area, I can say with utmost confidence that this dog was not trying to save that deer at all. It is struggling with its instinct to kill the deer and eat it. It is confused as what it should do and is allowed to do because of how the owner treats the dog.
>>
>>1062289
This. Most dog owners think that their pets are little humans and completely misinterpret why they do the things that they do.
>>
>>1062289

Around 35sec in the black dog spooks the yellow one who grabs the fawn and fucks off into to woods.
Only reason it would have done that is if it saw the deer as food and didn't want to share.

So why did the dog "save" the deer in the first place?

Because the owner pointed at it and called the dog's name, likely in the same way they do when playing fetch.
>>
>>1062289
>>1062548
>>1062558
you are possibly the most buzzkill people ive even read on 4chan
>>
>>1062576
Take it to /an/, fuckboi.
>>
>>1062576
Well, it really isn't that bad. Normally, in the wild, the "dog" would kill and eat the deer. However, the dog isn't in the wild and has been raised and trained by humans to be more "empathetic" towards other creatures. This change in behavior is a good thing for the owner, because it makes the owner feel good. So long as the owner praises the dog for doing what it did and didn't do, the dog will learn that its behavior is a good thing.

Thus, what you are seeing is a bit of a triumph over basic instincts, for the dog, which in human social circles is a good thing. That's really all the good you can get from an event like this.

You need to remember, in nature there's only a few "laws" for encounters between animals,

Can I eat it?
Will it eat me?
Can I fuck it?

That's the general mental process everything goes through as the driving force for life. Training animals to not go through that process is a Herculean endeavor and very rarely/if ever successful.
>>
>>1062616
Damn this nigga is stupid
>>
>>1062635
I take it you don't know much about animals.
>>
>>1062576
Ugh why can't people here be bluepilled like on reddit hate you guys ughhh
>>
>>1062841
Shit ive been going about this all backwards
>>
The dog might as well have killed the deer. It's as good as dead anyway. No mother, stink of dog on it, exhausted and stressed beyond belief. Definitely died shortly after being "rescued".
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.