[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

homeless general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 26

File: 20170711_073811.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170711_073811.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
sleeping in cow pens edition

trains, pains, tents, tarps, booze, cigs, the comfy dumpster behind kmart where nobody messes with you and the random guy who says hello every time he sees you

learn how to be a bottom dwelling dreg of society, a real outcast looked down upon by everything and everyone except your fellow hobo

it's the homeless general!
>>
>>1062116
That auction place looks like a coliseum.

What if someone was giving 23 bottles of 40oz alky drank to the first homeless person that fights a horny tiger in unarmed combat and wins. People can form teams up to six and fight simultaneously.

Would anyone be interested in participating? Hypothetically of course.
>>
File: spaces-self-storage-02-larg.jpg (137KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
spaces-self-storage-02-larg.jpg
137KB, 800x533px
I've also thought I stay in a storage unit in secret if I became homeless.
>>
Is anyone else in a semi secure place in their lives, but slowly feels homelessness creeping up on them? I feel like I'm three bad months away from taking a greyhound south, to panhandle and eat trash.
>>
>>1062431
I'm probably about a year out.
>>
>>1062170
I would defiantly pay top dollar for admission to see that.
>>
>>1062425
Pay extra for the climate controlled ones. The extra is for not dying.
>>
>>1062431
>>1062435
This is /out/. If you'd end up sleeping under a bridge and eating garbage instead of just hanging out at the lake and getting fat on fish like I do, you're on the wrong board.
>>
>>1062487
Hey man someone's gotta eat the trash
>>
>>1062170
idk about tigers, but I would willingly fight other hobos
>>
>>1062425

You will eventually get thrown out. Those places are pretty strict with that because liability and all.
>>
File: 20170718_053700.jpg (847KB, 2560x1920px)
20170718_053700.jpg
847KB, 2560x1920px
good morning /out/ists
>>
>>1062487
Hey genious don't you realidse that not having a job and being homeless is supposed to be suffering?

You can't just enjoy yourself all the time.
You can't enjoy yourself at all. It's just ain't right.

People work 40hours a week so they can have the privilege of enjoying a weekend of fishing twice a year.
You can't go fishing because you feel like it. You need to earn it.
>>
>>1062634
do your feet stink? i bet they do
>>
>>1062688
they smell like dickcheese and musty/moldy grass

the smell could easily be weaponized
>>
>>1062693
>2017
>he still hasnt weaponized his foot stank
>>
It always seems to me that the "hobby homeless" eventually grow out of it and do the suburban white collar life eventually.
>>
>>1062799
just my hoobastank
>>
>>1062655
People do that because they're clowns. A man can work half that and live comfortably without luxuries, a man not paying rent can work 1 week a month and be happy. They guy working 40 hours wants a car and a big tv and all that shit he get's into debt for. If you can be happy with just the world before you life is cheap.
>>
>>1062431
Is it bad that I have a good job, married, house, but I just want to be a filthy bum? I've been spending more and more of my free time innawoods and I come back hating society more and more
>>
>>1063133
You can't live in society without being fully committed to it.

You think people who do odd jobs or only work part time, with an underdeveloped credit score and drive an entry level Buick from 1987 are accepted as members of society?

They can't even raise normal kids.
If you're not in debt and woring full time you are literally cursing your children from the moment they're born.
>>
>>1062655
Why would I work 40+ hours/week, so that I can afford a box to cook fishsticks in, when I can work for five minutes catching a trout and cook it over an open fire for free? Sounds to me like you're the one suffering.
>>
>>1063362
He was being sarcastic, or at least I do sincerely believe his comment lacked sincerity...
>>
>>1063362
You don't work, you're not human.
It's that simple. You are garbage.

You deserve to be on the cold ground feeling miserable and getting kicked around like an overpriced rusty axe head at a yardsale.
You shouldn't be having fun. It's just not right.

You don't understand that inorder to go fishing, you need to work a steady job and build a good life first.
You cant just go fishing because you feel like it.

Remember that parable from the bible about fishing?
No, the other one with the.... Fuck it. I bet you can't even read.

You have to eat the fish sticks now to enjoy the occasional trout later.
When you're 67+ and semi-retired, then you can do a bit of fishing.

Until then either get a job or crawl under some wet newspaper.
Or if you're somewhere warm, just forget the newspaper because you don't deserve to feel the effects of evaporative cooling.

Go get a credit card, lease a car, get an apartment, get a job, and build some credit.
Maybe in 20 years you will deserve to be accepted into society.
>>
>>1063384
sarcasm aside they will lock a man up for fishing without a license/proper gear.

though for a homeless person being locked up is a nice vacation.
>>
>>1063384
The way I see it, if I have enough money to cover my expenses (and I don't have expenses), then I'm already retired.

I've succeeded in doing at thirty what most people can't accomplish until they're in their sixties.

>>1063387
I can afford $20/year without having a job for the next... let's see... 480 years.
>>
>>1063388
>I can afford $20/year without having a job for the next... let's see... 480 years
I did the same at the tender age of 19. It's not bad but it gets boring. I missed t.v. and snacks mostly.

I eventually quit it because I got sick. It becomes surprisingly easy to die in the woods by yourself.
>>
>>1063389
I tend to get sick less when I'm not around people. I also eat exclusively organic/freerange foods when I'm in the woods, I figure that can't hurt.

I guess I just don't get bored with it, don't know what to tell you about that. Traveling to different lakes throughout the year probably helps with that.
>>
>>1063390
I developed a fever from infection in an ingrown toenail, probably made worse by 2 months of eating nothing but fish and squirrels. Giardia didn't help. I lost 50lbs in that time.

best of luck, over a long enough time line your survival rate is 0. In my case 2 months was the limit.
>>
>>1063393
>over a long enough time line your survival rate is 0
That's true for people who don't camp also.
>2 months was the limit.
I've done three with no human contact, but typically, I only go a couple of weeks at most before I pack up and move to a different lake, which entails hitchhiking and town stops.
>>
>>1063390
>I tend to get sick less when I'm not around people
I used to be NEET and got sick with flu twice a year usually from being shopping and being around pig disgusting normies.

Then I started driving and spending a lot of time at the Airport.
Never got sick again.
>>
>>1063410
Do you lick doorknobs and service Haitians in the stalls to build up you immunities?
>>
>>1063335
Satire, I gotcha. Dunno how I missed it at first.
>>
>>1063335
Did you mean working or whoring full time?
>>
>>1063389
fukken kek
take the plunge instead of lying on the internet pussy
>>
File: taylor-swift-sbucks.jpg (223KB, 1029x1222px) Image search: [Google]
taylor-swift-sbucks.jpg
223KB, 1029x1222px
is Florida a decent and warm enough place to be homeless just for the winter (assuming you don't run into a bath salts zombie)? if it is i might start heading down there now to avoid the winter

Kansas City is okay so far but it's a little too dark, i think when winter is over i'll head to Maine or Vermont for the spring and summer, it always seemed like a really nice place
>>
>>1062116
Bbunsch ba bülsch bak bol bink börpf
würg ne bak de buf

in summary ba bülsch
>>
>>1063133
Ba bünk de bauk?
>>
>>1063384
Ba börk! BAAAREEE buu - un ka! ÖLSCH ÖÖÖLSCH BA BUNK BA BÖLD!™
>>
File: Fallout.jpg (13KB, 309x302px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout.jpg
13KB, 309x302px
Any fellow Bölsch ne burk bölrks?

I live in the worst basement in history of mankind.
I also suffer from first world problems.

Did you know that 99% suffer from first world problems?
Donate today
>>
File: shit.jpg (34KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
34KB, 600x800px
There is a lot of crazy gravity where the bläk ne bulsch talk.

One day i found this SICK shit!
>>
File: IMG_20170713_065451.jpg (251KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_065451.jpg
251KB, 1280x960px
unk
>>
>>1063718
Go to arizona fuck florida
>>
File: pl-lbucket.jpg (85KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
pl-lbucket.jpg
85KB, 700x525px
>>1063362
Hello. Did you know that doing that is a crime?
I want to remind you of the legal schabraknadak bülsch ne burk.

Please also keep in mind that you are empty inside and nobody can ever accept you as you are. You are worthless and not worthy of sharing your beautiful storys with us

Electricity is nice though
>>
>>1063208
>Is it bad that I have a good job, married, house, but I just want to be a filthy bum?
I'd say it's sane.

I was a beach bum for 2 years in my 20s. Hitchhiked across the continent and back twice. Good times, but I wouldn't go back. I now have wife, kid, house and a job that doesn't pay great but then I work very few hours, which is fine by me.
>>
>>1063387
>proper gear
You mean spear fishing or gill nets being banned? Or do you mean that you need hip waders and those silly hats or they cart you away?
>>
>>1063410
>normies.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: ogungo.png (82KB, 657x624px) Image search: [Google]
ogungo.png
82KB, 657x624px
BRICKUCKS GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1063718
>assuming you don't run into a bath salts zombie
You are guaranteed to run into a bath salts zombie in Florida.
>>
File: hehehehe.jpg (17KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
hehehehe.jpg
17KB, 236x236px
>>1063718
oh hai fellow tayfag
friendly reminder to edit out shitty watermarks
>>
>>1063823
"Got em! Haha Im probably smart ! Got em hard haha"
bülsch ne ba bak ne bürg
>>
>>1062431
My lease is about up and my wallet is dead empty, so I'm staring homelessness flat in the face. I dont think I'd miss much except for the internet.
>>
>>1063718
>bath salts zombie
I'm not even being /pol/ here, that was literally a false flag so that Congress could emergency schedule more research chemicals and the DEA could go around busting more heads. Look it up, dude didn't have 'bath salts' in his system. No, it's far more dangerous than mysterious Chinese stimulants: what that man had was simple long term exposure to Florida.

You know what people who used to live in Florida call each other when they meet out of state? Survivors. Run as far as you can Anon.
>>
>>1064083
I'm considering starting a survival school for the financially destitute, teaching anons how to live in the woods.

How much could you sell your computer and anime collection for? I'm trying to figure out how much I should charge.
>>
>>1064090
wow, is Florida really that bad?

>>1063735
Arizona has based gun laws, how cold does it get in winter though?
>>
>>1063604
Literally the same thing
>>
>>1064131
In Phoenix, like 40 at the lowest in the winter.
In Flagstaff down to 0 many winter nights, below 20 for 2-3 months.
>>
>>1064156
No, Phoenix regularly drops below freezing at night during the winter. Once a few years ago I was in Tucson and it got down to 26. I had a nice layer of frost on me in the morning.
>>
>>1064131
The south has too many subhumans. http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/video-florida-teens-recorded-laughed-man-drowning-pond/EL9POjlIILUiL5uyJQg0NM/
You can find areas in the north that stay relatively warm during winter, such as St. George, Utah.
>>
File: suicidethink.png (129KB, 2000x2000px)
suicidethink.png
129KB, 2000x2000px
>When no matter what you do, you still feel like you should be homeless and wandering

My mental illness is getting worse. I've never been camping in my life but I want to go running around with just a backpack and a tent.
>>
>tfw in western europe, trapped on a tiny continent where the winters are too cold, would have to travel to italy and spain and fight over scraps with rapefugees
>>
>>1065273
This is what your anscestors evolved to do when they needed to escape their shitty untenable situation. Something is wrong with your life trajectory. Try something different, being a hobo should be plan b, but keep trying new plan A's first
>>
What sort of van is good on a budget? Also how hard are they to fix up. I've got some bodywork experience and basic knowledge of breaks and all that.

>>1065459
Be homeless and trying something different are not exclusive. It could be the kick in the nuts he needs to start working on something new 24/7
>>
Just curious, are you guys homeless by choice, doing it as a livestyle, or out of necessity/circumstance?
>>
>>1065467
I started living out of a car by necessity, but then realized its way cheaper, and I got out more often and it just had this zen lifestyle feel to it
>>
Can I live with just a blanket, a jacket, and a bag with a pot and some tools and odd and ends? I'm not asking if it would be comfortable, I'm asking if it would work. Assuming I have enough money/food to not starve.
>>
>>1066291
yes, pack a knife or something though too, a lot of people will fuck with you just because you're homeless
>>
>>1066291
You can live with less. You literally do not need a single thing except clothes. Everything else can be scavenged when you need it.

>>1066330
Get a big hardwood "walking stick".

Will beat a knife any day and can be both instantly lettal and non lethal.
>>
>>1066330
>>1066383
I have a gun and a knife and big sticks, no worries.
>>
>>1065288
Keep telling yourself its the refugees stopping you and not just your own pussy self
>>
>>1066903
Dude I know faggottry is the hot new thing but it's not for everyone
>>
>>1066903
Will the refugees physically stop you? Probably not.
The fact that they exist makes it harder, and more importantly, way less fun.

Survival or necessity was never even a factor.
This was something many kids did for fun.
Actual beggars that aren't Gypsy shits? That was a rarity. You didn't need to beg.

Going for months long trips in Europe used to be easy.

You could literally walk an hour along a quiet road and pick enough fruit over garden walls to last you a week.

Old women would give you soup and something from their husband's belongings if you carried their shopping up the stairs.

Show up at a market when the farmers are tired and help them pack up and you'll get a box full of shit.

Trucks would stop on the side of the road to give you a lift.
5 minutes at a gas station and you could get a ride to fucking Turkey.

Try it now and a Polish trucker will come at you with his Kurwa stick.

Police never bothered you and you could sleep in a nice quiet city park in total safety.
Compare with now where the've literally killed and eaten the fucking pond ducks to extinction.

Can it still be done? Sure.
Will it be as fun? Probably not.
Did refugees ruin it? Yes.
>>
>>1062425
They're all camera'd up to fuck, with permanent security guards etc.
>>
>>1062116
This is interesting seeing this because I'm about to embark on quite the adventure. I want to walk across the United States with minimal supplies. Surviving off the land on my trip.

I'm going to kill myself anyway, so this is my way of doing it. If I survive, maybe I'll have an epiphany on life and things will get better. If now, well. I'm dead, and my worries cease.
>>
>>1066383
Do you have anything I should research before I start my journey, some recommended reading?
>>
>>1063733
What the fuck lel
>>
>>1067044
>I'm going to kill myself anyway, so this is my way of doing it.
You are truly an hero, godspeed anon.
>>
>>1067044
being homeless is all about either making it or losing it all, at least this way you'll see some beauty before it's all over

good luck anon, i know your feel
>>
>>1067067
It's a plan like, 6 months in the making. And the time is ripe for me to execute. I'd love to post progress. But I'm finally done with it all. Nothing is going to change my mind. If I become something like bear food, then the circle of life chose that path for me.
>>1067069
I firmly believe either I'll learn some greater truth in my death, or I'll see the light on my journey. I won't lie and say I'm not afraid. I am, I know it. But I want to find out what draws me to do this. I have to.
>>
>>1067070
Keep a Rite in the Rain journal so we can read your story when they find your body.
>>
>>1067075
If I can, it will happen.
>>
File: 61jjrsfJ2KL._SL1000_[1].jpg (75KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61jjrsfJ2KL._SL1000_[1].jpg
75KB, 1000x1000px
>>1067079
Write for yourself, to organize your thoughts. Why wouldn't you be able to?

https://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rite%20in%20the%20rain&tag=duckduckgo-ffab-b-20
>>
>>1067083
[spoiler]I'm poor[/spoiler]
>>
>>1067084
>>1067083
But that's actually really cheap too. Thanks for showing this. Really do appreciate it.
>>
>>1067085
I keep a pad that I picked up for $3 or $4 in my pocket, you never know when you'll need to take down information. Since you mentioned being poor, I'll dump the tl;dr poorfag EDC list I'm working on:

---EDC FOR POORFAGS---
The goal of this document is to compose a list of the absolute cheapest EDC gear that won't break or require replacement anytime soon and will make it easier for someone to function day-to-day as they work their way up from the bottom of society.

--KNIVES under $15--

LOCKING KNIVES:

any locking Opinel (No6, No7, No8, No9, No10, No12)
>$9+ Amazon
>made in France

Buck 284
>$14+ Amazon
>made in US

Sanrenmu 710
>$7+ GearBest
>made in China

NON-LOCKING KNIVES:

any non-locking Opinel (No5, No4, No3, No2)
>$9+ Amazon
>made in France

Svord Peasant
>$13+ Amazon
>made in New Zealand

Victorinox Classic
>$14+ Amazon
>made in Switzerland

FIXED BLADE KNIVES:

Morakniv Companion
>$13+ shipped Amazon
>made in Sweden

other Moras
>$10+ Amazon
>made in Sweeden

Schrade Sharpfinger
>$14+ Amazon
>made in China, old (better) ones made in the United States

--WATCHES under $20--

Casio F-91W
>$6+ Amazon/eBay (read reviews, watch for fakes)
>light water resist
>made in Thailand

Casio MRW200H series (several color variations)
>$15+ Amazon
>100m water resist
>Japanese movement, cased in China

AliExpress.com can ship 18mm NATO-style straps from $1+, stock strap fails long before the watch itself.

--FLASHLIGHTS under $20--

Streamlight MicroStream
>$15+ Amazon
>made in China

Convoy S2+
>$10+ GearBest
>made in China

--MULTI-TOOLS under $40--

Individual multi-tools vary widely, shop specific to lifestyle and anticipated tasks. The following are brand recommendations in order of reputation.

Leatherman
>Amazon
>25yr warranty
>US based, globally sourced

Gerber
>Amazon
>lifetime warranty US, 25yr global
>US based, globally sourced

Ganzo
>GearBest
>1yr guarantee
>made in China

--MISCELLANEOUS--

free pen and notepad from hotel/bank lobby

---end---
>>
>>1067044
You wont die. It is harder to die than you think.
>>
>>1067044
You will accomplish your goal because you'll get hit by a truck
>>
>>1067267
or shot by a cop
or killed by gangbangers
or murdered by other hobos
or buttfucked to death face down in a ditch by drunk chads
>>
>>1066977
Good thing I live in Poland, maybe stuff like this is still doable here.
>>
>>1067328
>>1067267
If it happens so be it. All part of the experience, a death is still a death no matter what.
>>
>>1062813
Who cares? They're literally not hurting anyone. Dialing out of the consumerist lifestyle, even temporarily, isn't a bad thing.
>>
File: taythumbs.gif (475KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
taythumbs.gif
475KB, 500x316px
>>1067539
>how dare you leave the system, you can't survive without multiple credit cards, a drivers license plus several other forms of identification, your cell phone, twitter, facebook, 10-20k loan debt, a million apps to download and enjoy, a degree in a respected field like liberal arts you'll definitely use, completely non-overpriced services and all the candy color packaged foods stuffed full of totally harmless substances you can possibly afford on your awesome minimum wage job that pays more than enough for all the essentials in life
>HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ALL THAT TO BECOME A DIRTY TAX DODGING HOBOSAURUS SHREX ZOMGHEHREHEAREEEEEE
>>
>spent a year learning /out/ skills just so I could be comfortably homeless and watch anime without worrying about jobs and bills and stuff
I know you guys are (not) proud of me.
>>
i wasn't being mean anon, i meant i thumbs upped your post, dropping out of society and seeing it for the rotting consumerist culture corpse it really is can be ultimate reality pill
>>
>>1067698
I always thought the idea of tying yourself down to a bunch of useless junk and painful labor just to be a tiny bit safer or more comfy was absurd. To me my natural state is just wandering around and living life alive, not trapped in cages all day. My great aunt has treadmill because she's afraid to go outside in perfect weather for fucks sake. I can't live like this, and I don't care if it makes me a dirty thieving worthless scumbag, I'm out. Better a happy dirty subhuman waste of oxygen hobo than a soul-crushed braindead civilized upstanding civilized wageslave. Fuck man, what the hell do these people see in perpetuating this system of slavery anyway?
>>
>>1062655
There are sheep that actually believe this.
>>
>>1067700
>I'm out. Better a happy dirty subhuman waste of oxygen hobo

I don't believe it's really like this. As long as your not a theif stealing frivolous shit and/or doing drugs all the time, it's not being a waste of space. It's taking your life in your hands. We're all free to do as we please.
>>
>>1067700
we are all ants, it doesn't mean we need the colony
>>
>>1067703
That's what they see me as, and for all I care they can be right. I'd still rather be a hobo.
>>
>>1067359
same here, are you seriously considering it? I always wondered how it would be
>>
>>1067697
Nigger what the fuck do you think the 4chan bums are doing?
I'm watching Macross in a bush right fucking now.
>>
>>1063384
go south eat human
>>
>>1068189
Since we're on the topic, is there any anime about homeless bums? There has to be some I'm sure.
>>
>>1068174
Well, I think about it every fucking day.
My relationship with my parents (father, mainly) is like between cat and a big, easily irritable dog.
Gonna have 23 years and might fuck up college again because I have no fucking motivation, all I do in my free time is surfing on the internet.
No job for various reason, a bit complicated to explain - but it's mainly anxiety and father changing his mind constantly about whether I should go ask for job in company we are talking about or not because it's private firm, so I'm going to get fucked. I get confused by his bullshit.

Getting into cycling, few days ago did about 12 kilometers (knees were hurting a bit for two days) and yesterday did nearly 20, without knee pain.

Probably leaving house and living on the road is one of the worst ideas ever, but I feel like I have no damn choice.
I just want to get away, but I'm afraid of how I'm going to cope without comforts of home.
>>
>>1068448
Tokyo Godfathers
>>
>>1062116
I just want to live legally in a camping altough I have money. Can you recommend a cool tent for long term living?
>>
>>1068719
Like a Yurt you mean?
>>
>>1065466

Most vans are very reliable and easy to repair since they are built to last while being able to be repaired easily by workers without mechanical specialized knowledge. Just buy one depending on your budget, size or aesthetics. If you want something cheap and small, a Dacia Dokker is great. If you want a big van with lot of luxury, buy a Wolkswagen California.
>>
>>1068796
Small vans are cars with a van body. Mechanical differences are minimal.

Real work vans are the Transit, Crafter, Sprinter, and the big PSA/FIAT ones.
>>
>>1062495
Get it while it's fresh, Get it while it good.
>>
>>1062116
How to create amp ground for raft to much pit week start a (1-2 weeks)? I'm thinking of taking a temp job without Housing and camping at a nearby campground during that time. Will the ranger tolerate it?
>>
>>1063814
Summercuck
>>
>>1068826
i've slept in my local fairgrounds a lot, slept in the grandstand where concerts are held because there's these wooden platforms you can sleep under and nobody will see you

campgrounds/parks the rangers will ass fuck you without lube if you don't pay, i'd probably get assraped too if they found out i was sleeping in the fairgrounds
>>
My two year old is more traveled than most of you here, it's sort of awesome. I'm proud of that.

We're sort of Canadian Gyspie's I suppose you could say. So far we've lived in every province from Ontario to BC, in homes, cares, trailors, yurts and hopefully soon a boat on the side.

She's really happy, smart and responsible.
Beyond her age for sure, it did her well.

I have been living without a real job for 5 months now though, maybe 1-3 days a week doing whatever comes along my way and getting paid well for good work. No assistance or child benefits for this guy. I'm good.
>>
>>1068448
Disappearance Diary
>>
>>1068728
Yeah, they seem to be pretty cool. I just want a tent with enough space to put a table to eat inside, room for 4 guests and enough elemental resistance. Altough I live in mediterranean Spain and there aren't any strong winds or serious rain, but good heat resistance would be desired.
>>
>>1069102
You are abusing your child you scumbag
>>
>>1069170
No they aren't, you fucking normie.
>>
>>1069170
Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>1069132
no but later as a semi literate 12 year old shes gonna be abused by a 43 year old dude at the rainbow gathering that offers her weed and guru like insight into the world.
>>
Would it be cheating if I outfitted a shuttle bus before I began my adventures?
>>
>>1062655
That's the most stupid thing I have heard in weeks. Of course you can spend your entire life /out/ and be happy.
>>
>>1069396
wtf
>>
>tfw 19, invested in a corporate cuckold career (CS degree)
>just want to learn about math and watch/make movies
>constant outside administration of my life directing me what I ought to do
>get disgusted by modern people if I spend to long in the city
>just want to escape and camp in the woods somewhere
>too much of coward to break the conditioning
Anyone with a similar feel?
>>
>>1069132
Where in Spain? I'm interested in doing long term camping in the Mediterranean and I'm looking for good regions to do it in.
>>
>>1069517
I was you 9 years ago. I got my CS degree and worked a nice job for a couple years. I'm posting this right now from a tent in the Canadian Rockies. I don't regret getting my degree though; it'll make making money a million times easier when that time comes. I still love computers, I just got burnt out.
>>
>>1069517
>break the conditioning
This is the hardest part. I don't want to get into a bragging contest with /out/, so I'll just say that I'm competent at /out/ism. Despite having spent several months in the wilderness at a time and knowing that I'm capable of doing it full-time, I still work seasonally and still buy things I don't really need. If you're not ready to make a life /out/, there's no shame in that. It's not always capability that holds us back.
>>
>>1063208
Call of the wild. Proper human men are innate explorers. That's what we've done for millenia, no reason not to. Also meshes with the ever elusive
Call Of The Dick: if it exists, we will find a way to fuck it.
>>
>>1069396
So much this.
>>
>>1062116
What's the cheapest pack worth buying for being stealth homeless? I've always gotten lucky with gifts and dumpster finds, but I'd like to have a list of recommendations to give to people.
>>
How do I into becoming homeless?
And when am I supposed to jerk off and use a computer?
>>
>>1067044
>I'm going to kill myself anyway, so this is my way of doing it. If I survive, maybe I'll have an epiphany on life and things will get better. If now, well. I'm dead, and my worries cease.
wow, this is a really smart way to an hero
>>
>>1069595
There are permanent campings in Valencia and Zaragoza. Both are beautiful places. Zaragoza is Inside the Peninsula, in the east and one of our biggest rivers, the Ebro, pass through it. It has a Mediterranean climate, but don't expect very high temperatures because it's a valley with a a big rivir going through it. Zaragoza also has lots of National Parks and good people since most military people live in the zone.

Valencia is in the east coast, you can find lots of cool beaches and sunny climates, although it has overpopulation in the most touristic areas because English Chavs enjoy getting drunk in our beaches. But Valencia has also cool caves and little mountains if you go a little inside the peninsula.

Those two are the campings, they are pretty well know because when economy shit the fan lots of people went living there.

http://www.heraldo.es/noticias/aragon/2015/06/25/el_camping_otra_opcion_como_segunda_residencia_368069_300.html

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/426436/0/vivir/camping/vivienda/
>>
>>1062487
>hanging out at the lake and getting fat on fish

No meth/heroin dealers at the lake.
>>
i guess this post >>1069396 was ment for >>1069170 as its right below >>1069132 that would make sense looking at the context.
but spot on, with the semi literate part. Its very hard to do a good job at homeschooling / swapping schools on the move.

>>1069517
get the best job you can with your CS degree, power for a short time to get somewhere. then reduce the hours. be a high paid professional but have frugal life. so you only need to work a bit. it seem really nice a friend of mine is a doctor and only works around 3 days a week. he doesn't seek big money and has very low cost. (rural area, no education debt, cheap hobbies) maybe set a goal like 'FIRE'? (financially independent retired early)

>>1069742
i could work full time or be a hermit both is fine and doable but i like a mix of them. i was lucky i realized that before i chose my career, so now as mining engineer i can work a few months hardcore. then travel and bum around for a few months. still have money for toys and social life but can escape if i want.

>>1069893
have you tried a second hand shop in the rich part of town ? you get really good stuff, if you go for the slightly used backpack that only was used for one europe hostel trip. or like high tech gear that's really old but still good.
>>
>>1069897
>How do I into becoming homeless?
Stop paying your bills.
>And when am I supposed to jerk off and use a computer?
When you're at the library.

>>1069925
>very hard to do a good job at homeschooling
I was homeschooled out of an RV, and got to see all the things that other kids only read about. My only major issue is that I lack developed social skills. I also can't read or write in cursive, but that's not particularly relevant in the modern age.

>still have money for toys and social life but can escape if i want.
Sounds to me like the issue is conformity. You know that you 'can' live the way you want to, but you're still a little uncomfortable with how others will respond to it. I definitely get funny looks when I tell people that I live out in the woods a good share of the year, but it's only the people who accept me for the choices that I've made that I really want around anyway.
>>
>>1069932
>Sounds to me like the issue is conformity. You know that you 'can' live the way you want to, but you're still a little uncomfortable with how others will respond to it.

With "escape" i mean going /out/ or travel on short notice because have the money and free time to just pack my shit and go in the mountains for a week. Or disappear for 90 days because im away working. i love to do that and can exploit it as an excuse. But its more a personal character thing as i don't need much social interaction to be happy. even with my family. just prefer short burst of high grade interaction instead to daily drops. i guess maybe my conformity is that i want to be a good son and make my family happy. So i call and visit, and celebrate stuff even though i don't care about those things and can life with no contact for month at a time.

But it's great in general people respond very well to my lifestyle as its sound really good. Work and Life are very separate and i have very long "holidays" they see my good life and the travels. When i'm home i have stories from work in remote places and can talk about trips i'm about to go on or just returned from. And they don't see the time spend in a container town in bumfuck nowhere with nothing but work and sleep. though i actually really like work and enjoy it alot and it sooo worth it for the pay.
>>
>>1064131

Stay the fuck out of Phoenix, people attack bums like crazy there and it gets swept under the rug.
>>
What is the best way to live the houseless life?
>vandweller
>street bum trash eater
>robber
>innawoods survivalist
Vandwelling is the most expensive, street bum is the most uncertain and helpless, being a robber/thug is the most likely to end quickly, and inawoods requires the most skills. Which one is the most enjoyable?
>>
>>1070258
I most enjoy employing a fusion of
>vandweller
>street bum trash eater
>innawoods survivalist

Thieves lack creativity and integrity.
>>
Hey, why do homeless people only ask white people for money?

My city is like 60% black but I never see the crack heads outside of dollar general approach anyone but white people
>>
>>1070313
Did you think about that before posting?
>>
>>1070311
If you don't work a steady job or have commitments, you are a dirty, rotten, thief.
You are stealing from society and abusing hardworking people who sacrificed their whole life to enjoy the fruits of what you are enjoying now.>>1070313
>>
>>1070330
>If you don't work a steady job
How do you think energy infrastructure happens, faggot? During the Bakken oil boom, zero of my coworkers on the various job sites were actually from North Dakota.
>>
>>1070357
Are you retarded?
>>
>>1070377
Yes I am, that's why I'm in the homeless general on an Albanian water-treatment IRC chat.
>>
>>1070330
when an old lady gives me $2 without me asking is it the same as if i pushed her over and stole her purse?
if a random college girl takes me home, fucks me and cooks me breakfast is it stealing?
when some roadside antique shop owner pays me $10 to sweep the floor am i robbing them?
when you post on 4chan, are your posts shit?
>>
>>1070330
So if I'm at the lake, catching and eating trout, sleeping under the stars and enjoying not working today, then I earned it, but if I'm at the lake, catching and eating trout, sleeping under the stars and enjoying not working at all I'm a scumbag? Anon, I think you may be an idiot.
>>
>>1070428
>when an intimidated lady gives me $2 without me asking is it the same as if i pushed her over and stole her purse?

na that's begging

>if a random truck driver takes me home, fucks me and cooks me breakfast is it stealing?

prostitution is fine too

>when some roadside antique shop owner pays me $10 to sweep the floor am i robbing them?

income tax free money fine too
the capitalists would proud, fuck the social systems, and roads and schools right?

the thing is if you don't have steady income, you're a drain on society.
also if you consider free riding a crime you a thief. if you use public land or services, like EMS, school, roads etc.
>>
>>1070474
>the thing is if you don't have steady income, you're a drain on society.
But anon, I do lucrative construction contracts only when I feel like it. I have at least half the year off and still have an on-paper income significantly above the poverty line. I've met people who do the same thing in the fishing and oil drilling industries.
>>
>>1070474
butthurt wagecuck with 60k in student loans detected
>>
>>1070492
Anon doesn't actually care about the economy, he's just pissed off because he's working some shit job and still can't afford to do what jobless people do... >>1070496 Yeah, I'm still posting.
>>
>>1070496
>wants working society by all it members contributing. as best they can.

>wage cuck

well at least the correlation between homelessness and mental illness is still strong.

>>1070492
you do realize you have steady income right ? you have a job and earn income and can do that repeatedly. seasonal or contract work is a thing. just because it doesn't come in 12 checks doesn't make it unsteady. Just like the amount can change for example if you are a business owner. and you also pay taxes so you contribute. so what you issue?
>>
>>1062425
I've seen some places where it is tolerated, but I'm sure they knew the owner or manager.
>>
File: steady definition.png (32KB, 773x338px) Image search: [Google]
steady definition.png
32KB, 773x338px
>>1070523
Somebody doesn't know the definition of "steady." Maybe you'd have a better command of the English language if you spent your day doing something other than flipping burgers and phoneposting on your smoke breaks.
>>
>>1070528
jesus are you actually retarded?
>>
>>1070547
My income source meets none of the definitions of "steady" yet I am above the poverty line. Which part is troubling you, Burger McFlipperson?
>>
File: tenor.gif (949KB, 498x249px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
949KB, 498x249px
>>1070523
>well at least the correlation between homelessness and mental illness is still strong

the real mental illness is being so brainwashed you think you have to get up 5 days a week, go work for someone who makes x2, x3 or x100 more than you, make massive profits for that company that you get no share of and be totally content with the knowledge you are literally the definition of a paid slave

it's further more sickening you think it's a good thing to pay taxes into a government that is actively fucking over the populace and countless other nations for their own profits while hemorrhaging debt it can't repay and shoving its cock into foreign affairs it has zero business in, it's clear that our government is not governed by "the people" anymore and certainly not by anyone who pays taxes, it's governed by those who line the pockets of the law changers and playmakers

keep believing that your wage = freedom, but in reality you're nothing more than a slave that could have the invisible chains replaced with real ones soon enough
>>
looks like I'm gonna be roughin it in a small Swiss town tonight, only problem is there is a chance of a thunderstorm and I don't have a tent or anything. Any words of wisdom? Where is an ideal place to sleep
>>
>>1071032
>Where is an ideal place to sleep
A bed in a house.
>>
>>1071032
find an abandoned building or anything where you wont get wet

slept in an abandoned grocery store building for 2 months before someone caught on
>>
>>1070313
Would you go up to a group of negros for money?
>>
>>1071032
Bus/train/plane stations are typically open 24 hrs/day and are accustomed to people sleeping between transfers. If you look and smell like you can afford a ticket, you can get away with this for several hours.

Large chain hardware stores typically have sheds that are accessible. Make sure you can get out of there before the manager does rounds in the morning.

Underpasses and bridges will give you less shelter from the rain, but can be found in areas that don't have security that'll hassle you.

You can always panhandle. 'Need money for a tent, weather's gonna suck tonight' will probably get you where you need to be. Just make sure you get a tarp; tents themselves don't do shit for rain anymore.

Why the fuck don't you carry a tent with you? At least it'll be warm.
>>
>>1071068
I can tell you tried to think about this but your lack of perspective really shows.
>>
>>1071078
I've done all of these except panhandling. Don't let the fact that I'm smarter than you detract from the fact that Ive also had more experiences.
>>
>>1071068
Because this is just a European hostel trip, but there's no hostel where I am so my plan was to find I nice spot in the Alps and stargaze till I fell asleep. But that's fucked because weather report says there's gonna be rain and a chance of thunder tonight
>>
>>1071104
Ah. Then I'd just take the money you were going o spend on the hostel and get yourself a large tarp. Set up near, but not directly under a tree (do NOT tie off your guy line to a tree).
>>
>>1071085
>bus stations
overrun with home bums/tweakers and employees who do not let you sleep there.
>hardware store sheds
yea sure, but why? way better places to spend a night.
>bridges
hahahaha
>why don't you carry a tent?
why do you, mr im the smartest bumlord evaaaaa
tents a shit, you a shit, gofuckyerself
>>
>>1071124
You know, had you offered some sort of alternative, maybe you'd have a point there, but it's pretty obvious to everyone here that you can't come up with anything better.

Getting stuck in a city leaves limited options. None of them are great, so when it happens, I make do with what's available in the immediate vicinity.
>>
File: IMG_20170730_205908761.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170730_205908761.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
How much of a bad idea would it be for me to sleep in one of these boats for the night

>>1071114
Not sure where I'm gonna find a tarp at 9pm
>>
>>1071124
>way better places to spend a night.
Like where?
>>
>>1071132
>Not sure where I'm gonna find a tarp at 9pm
Find an office dumpster and dump out the trashbags full of clean packaging. The trashbags are now your rain gear and shelter.
>>
>>1071132
>sleep in one of these boats
I'm not familiar with Swedish law, but I do know that a lot of people live in their boats; might be a good way to get yourself shot.

>Not sure where I'm gonna find a tarp at 9pm
You're really cutting it close, aren't you? Shower curtains, table cloths and trash bags could also work if it really comes down to it, but you should check the parks, also; a lot of times there will be covered areas (where I'm from cops either don't check or don't say anything when it's raining).
>>
>>1071131
please, i don't have to offer an alternative to anything you shitlord. keep wakin up early to get out the spot while i sleep in and love life
>city
>limited
are you fucking serious? barring going innawoods you will never see more sleep spots. and youre sitting there telling someone to find a fucking hardware store innacity. yeah, nah, you're a dumb fuck and you should refrain from giving bad advice.
no advice>bad advice
you are gonna get some poor kid kicked awake at 4am because you just had to open your fuckin mouth
>>1071132
you can sleep on one of the boats. you might even get lucky and find an unlocked cabin. if you move around too much though people will notice, scope it out first and have 1-3 boats youre going to check and as soon as you find one that'll do just stay on it.
>>1071145
>I'm not familiar with Swedish law, but
no. see, this is your fucking problem. shut the fuck up about shit you know nothing about.
>>
Swiss, please don't listen to the angry Anon. If you're not familiar with /hg/, we do occasionally get trolls that will try to convince people to do things that may get them hurt.

Most of the people who give good advice here are full-time travelers, myself included. And trust me, no one who lives completely free of commitment is a prick like >>1071147
>>
>>1071157
>waaahhh he used mean words at me on 4chan wwwaaaaahhhhh
>>
>>1071132
The marinas are guarded and so on. No-one leaves an expensive sailing boat as a nest for hobos, absolutely no-one.
>>
>>1071165
Okay, look... I work two months out of the year and spend the rest of my time chillin' in a hammock at the lake. I have no bills and get to spend all my time fishing. So no, you're not getting to me; I have the best damn life anyone could ever hope for, and nothing you say is going to set me off. I'm just trying to look out for another traveler. I'm sorry that you're so angry about your own life, but it's not too late to change, I'll even help. All you have to do is ask.
>>
>>1071175
ohhh okay so you truly don't know what the fuck you're saying then. gotcha, thanks for pointing that out.
if i ever need tips on how to sit by a lake eating fish i'll be sure to come ask you.
as far as random anons needing advice on how to citybum it you need to shut yer trap. once again no advice>bad advice.
>>
>>1071169
you can get away with a night on a boat innamarina like the one he posted if you just keep your shit on the dl. no one is saying live there forever. you can sleep almost anywhere for just one night provided you are out of sight and not somewhere people will be looking in the wee hours like a fucking shed outside home depot.
>>
>>1071142
petrol station, buy a cover for a car or motorbike if they don't have tarps or trash bags
>>
>>1071177
There's more than one lake, I travel all over the US, hitchhiking and occasionally get stuck in towns.

But let's not deflect, here, alright? You're angry about something that's going on in your life and you're taking it out on others because that's something that you have control over. You're not going to feel any better until you confront whatever it is in your own life that you can't control, whether it be addiction, abuse or financial instability. Lashing out at strangers just isn't going to make things better; it's time to grow up and take some responsibility for your own happiness.

Good luck, AngryAnon.
>>
>>1071178
I'll say it again: Never stay inside a building (or in this case boat) on private property. If a security guard finds you on his employer's property, there's no emotional attachment, he just wants you to go away because making you leave is his job; if you get found by the owner inside something that he considers his own safe space, that's an affront to his personal rights and he'll feel threatened and this causes violent reactions.

Never trespass on personal property.
>>
File: IMG_20170730_221234313.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170730_221234313.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Found a shelter for boat arrivals literraly right next to where I was sitting, seems like it could do the trick bit it's a bit too close to the road for my liking.

Found a boarded up house but fuck me did it look scary, think of the most cliche looking haunted house you can imagine.
>>
>>1071189
If it's owned by the marina and not by an individual, there might be a security guard coming by later, but as long as there was an unlocked door and you can just explain that you were passing through and got caught in the storm, there's an extremely low likelyhood that they'll have any interest in pressing charges, even if that's a possibility with local law. It being close to the road doesn't really matter much, unless you're planning on a making a run for it, and that makes you look more like a criminal than someone trying to avoid a storm.

The house on the other hand may seem like you'll be less likely to get caught, but if someone does see you (and I'm guessing you're not well practiced in breaking and entering), they'll assume you're planning to stay, and the police will get called in, because no one wants bums living next door.
>>
File: commi.png (703KB, 475x637px) Image search: [Google]
commi.png
703KB, 475x637px
>>1070852
>pic related

>>1071200
if that doesn't work out loading
decks of some stores have a roof though you have to be gone quite early.
playgrounds can have stuff like pirate ships or tubes of tiny house that might work.
big public buildings might have covered bike stands. once again be gone very early.
sport areas might have public toilets or stands with a roof / dry area below.
>>
>>1071220
>communist hurdur

communists literally believe if you don't contribute to the state you are a burden
>>
Thanks for all the info guys. How should I go about keeping my phone charged it's on 30% now
>>
>>1071235
Turn it off.
>>
>>1063718
Don't, the humidity will make you want to kill yourself if you spend extended periods of time outside.
>>
>>1071222
But they also believe the means of production should be owned by the state snd not greedy individuals, before that happens.
>>
>>1071183
only thing that irks me is you talking out your ass like you know a thing or fucking two while being blatantly wrong and having absolutely no shame in giving out bad advice that will fuck some poor greens life up just so you can stroke your fucking epeen
jackass
>>
>>1063208
Nope. Wish I could blow it all off and do the AT.
>>
>>1071235
I don't know if this is true for all phones, but on mine that battery will still drain when it's off; but if I turn off all the antennas and just keep the screen off, It's held at 100% for several days lasting for a week, just turning it on for setting a timer for rice occasionally.

>>1071316
That's some pretty obvious projecting there, AngryAnon.
>>
>>1071338
>but if I turn off all the antennas and just keep the screen off
I laminated a piece of aluminum foil with duct tape and I wrap my phone in that after putting it in airplane mode and yanking the battery. Might be unnecessary or overkill, but it makes me feel better.
>>
>>1071316
>>1071338
>needing to take the battery out to stop it draining.

Android fags BTFO again.
>>
>>1071345
>Might be unnecessary or overkill
Since I don't care about having an actual cell phone, and just use it as a WiFi phone via Google Voice when I'm in towns, I physically removed the cellular antenna from the main board so that it's not capable of drawing any electricity.
>>
>>1071352
That's pretty cool, anon. What kind of phone is it?
>>
>>1071357
Just a cheap WM prepay, I think it cost me $25, but you can do it with anything android. And with Google Voice, you get unlimited calls and text (via Wifi) for free. I also ported over my old cellphone number for $20.

Removing the antenna is just a matter of popping off the back and looking for the larger sticker (if you look close, you should see where the copper foil is pressed to the back), and peeling it off. It should be possible to wire in a small toggle switch and route it to the outside, so that you can physically enable/disable the antenna whenever you want.
>>
>>1071338
>works out of his vehicle and bums by a lake
>thinks he knows about sleeping in cities out of a backpack
and im projecting
get fucked
>>
>>1071175
>I work two months out of the year
What kind of work do you do, anon? My guesses are fishing or construction.
>>
>>1071381
>What kind of work do you do, anon?
Seasonal retail, usually WM around the holidays, when I stay in the city (>>1071379). It's definitely not glamorous, but it covers me throughout the year without having to beg (no offense to the community, spanging just isn't my game and I don't have the skills to busk). If you're used to working all the time like I used to be, this is heaven on earth; if you're used to not working at all, it can be nice to know that you've got money in the bank if something comes up.

But it's up to each person to find what makes them happy, and to not just do what others tell them is the right way to live. I like my path, but you may find something you like better.
>>
>>1071413
>Seasonal retail, usually WM around the holidays
Never thought of that. How much capital does that give you to work with?
>>
>>1071423
They pay temps minimum wage, so if you take your working season in a place that has a high minimum wage you'll make more, but you can get around 36 hrs/week for a couple months if you do it around black Friday. And as long as you don't fuck up too bad, you'll be first in line to do seasonal again the following year, which makes it a fairly reliable source of income.

And remember, if you make less than $10K/yr you don't have to pay income tax!
>>
>>1071444

> if you make less than $10K/yr you don't have to pay income tax!

Thank you for your service in starving the beast you glorious MGTOW bastard. If more people followed your lead this fucker would collapse and give men a chance to rebuild the world into a place worth living
>>
>>1071585
kek @ your insecurities
>>
>>1071587
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>1071585
I'm just happy to do my part. lol.

There were a few years where since I didn't make very much money, I figured it wasn't worth filing for a return, but I now know that you can just tick the 'exempt' box if you work seasonally and then you don't pay taxes in the first place, and you don't have to file either.
>>
File: Homeless-810x626.jpg (118KB, 810x626px) Image search: [Google]
Homeless-810x626.jpg
118KB, 810x626px
is there like a homeless survival guide that i can study? something really authentic.
>>
>>1071242
Where to spend winter then?
>>
>>1062116
California State Fair Cow Pin Building?
>>
>>1070428
>if a random college girl takes me home, fucks me and cooks me breakfast
did this happen?
>>
>>1071917
Missouri state fairgrounds
>>
>>1071938
'"If" is hypothetical.
>>
>>1071938
what do you think? almost any college girl can get plowed any moment she wants. tinder or just normal bars/clubbing or friends.

how many are going to fuck with a dude that sleeps behind walmart ? unless you go all out Captain Ahab chances are slim (unlike the girls).
>>
>>1072062
Fucking a dude that sleeps behind Walmart presents excitement, like fucking a black guy. Ever hear "The Raggle Taggle Gypsy"? The lifestyle is seductive to women who are married to dull men that work their lives away; women want more than anything to remain young and this is a lifestyle that preserves youthfulness.
>>
>>1071938
I typically get laid twice a month traveling around. You can up that to as much as you want though, really. Ladies love mystery and as you can probably see from these threads no one has any fucking idea what us road bums do.
Chicks will even take you home and wash you themselves every once in a while, shit is cash. You dont even have to be a chad, awkward and dirty works, you just have to put yourself out there.
>>
one of the van guys here. Second summer in Texas fml. I work full time but the rent in this area is insane so I'll just keep my job and save up for a piece of property eventually. Plan on going to school to do EMS so I can do it anywhere, even the country. So my ex gave me back my old pickup and what I'm thinking is fixing it up (she ragged it out hard,) and using it to get to work/run around. Maybe get a camper shell to do weekends on the beach like I've been doing in the van. With the van, I'm thinking of parking it at a storage lot and installing a window AC and a generator so I can just use it like an apartment. I'll get two spots, one for my truck and one for the van. I'm pretty sure not all storage lot workers are dicks so I may be able to leverage this combined with my 24/7 gym membership into some kind of semblance of normal life. Thoughts?
>>
>>1072408
Just put the van at an rv park or put an ad on cl to rent out a spot on private property. Storage lots will not let you get away with that.
>>
>>1072533
Kind of thinking the same desu
>>
>>1072406
What kind of girls do that? Who do you "put yourself out there" to?
>>
>>1072637
Disgustingly fat and or ugly ones. Maybe a confused young one with daddy issues if you look like some kind of fashionable gutter punk. Matter fact the PNW is full of that scene so he may not even be lying.
>>
>>1071881
http://guide2homelessness.blogspot.com/
>>
>>1072637
I'm not the other Anon, but I get laid way more now that I'm always out and talking to people than I ever did when I was too tired after work to go do anything. And sure, there's a fair amount of women that are going to be too shallow to 'lower themselves' to hooking up with anyone who makes less money than they do, but it's probably a smaller percentage than you'd think. Most women, especially in their early to late twenties are all over the idea of getting to travel and adventure, especially if it doesn't cost them anything.

Take photos everywhere you go and have some interesting stories to tell and women will be all over your dick, trying to get you to take them with you.

>>1072640
Back before I traded my Rockports in for a pair of Brooks, it was always the single mothers that showed the most interest in me, now it's only hikers, mountain bikers, rock climbers and yoga enthusiasts.
>>
>>1073654
>Rockports
>Brooks
What language is this?
>>
>>1073654
>only hikers, mountain bikers, rock climbers and yoga enthusiasts
Only women with strong legs. Genghis would be proud.
>>
>>1073656
Rockport makes high-end dress shoes, Brooks makes high-end trailrunners. It was supposed to be a clever way of saying I quit my job to travel...

>>1073657
Yup. If they have less leg and ass fat I can really get in there deep.
>>
>>1073657
>>1073711
eeewwww. Climbers are all tough and sinewy like overcooked turkey.
>>
>>1073711
Do they let you eat their ass?
>>
What do you guys think about squatting an abandoned house?

Not graffiti and fascists, oil drum fires, broken glass, and trash bags for wallpaper.

More like finding like an old farmhouse, changing the locks, and moving in as if I'm leasing it mean.
Sort of like a caretaker until the owner comes back. (Hopefully never)

Opinions?
>>
>>1074206
I'm cool with squatting. But anywhere in western europe, except the netherlands maybe because of lax laws, you're gonna have a hard time. Gonna get smashed by the state!
>>
>>1074217
>Gonna get smashed by the state!
Fuck the state.

The police can't evict me unless with a court order.

How will the state even know I'm thrre unless the legitimate owner temorts me or takes me to court?
I'll pack up and leave long before that happens.
Like I said, I'll just be a caretaker.
>>
>>1063208
>implying anyone who becomes an adult post 2010 will waste their time having children
>>
>>1074369
I won't become an adult and I won't have children either.
Being a disappointment is good revenge on my parents for forcing me to exist against my will.
>>
>>1074206
>Sort of like a caretaker until the owner comes back. (Hopefully never)
This is the best way to squat, imo. I've known some squat houses in neighborhoods with high abandonment rates to be nicer than houses where money went to padding the landlord's pockets instead of maintaining and improving the property.
>>
>>1062116
Living in my car. Working 70 hour weeks. I go to local city parks and I also play with my smartphone. Take my shits at walmart. Go to the gym every few days to shower. It's not really that bad.

That's about all I've got to say.
>>
>>1075903
Sounds like a hard life, but probably the only way to not go insane living in a little box is to work that much
>>
>>1075903

You can't afford a place working 70 hours a week? Not worth it imo.
>>
>>1075951
Maybe he's saving up for something nice instead of "wasting" $2,000 a month on rent and bills.
>>
>>1070852

Maybe it depends on what kind of work you do? I have worked solemnly for the monetary payout and it's hellish and useless. Flipping burgers for some capitalistic motherfuckers is shitty and will get you nowhere.

On the other hand, if you do meaningful work, I can imagine that you will actually enjoy going to work, interact with colleagues and then the money you earn is secondary. There is a saying in my country that says 'If you do what you like you'll never have to work'.
>>
>>1076000
That's a saying in every country, apparently.

In mine it goes like this:
Go and pursue what you enjoy.
When you get good at it, you will find someone willing to pay you to do it.
>>
>>1075903
I did this working construction during the Bakken oil boom. I went to the gym every day you dirty hobo.
>>
>>1075951
I make good money.
>>1075907
I just hate being rent.
>>1076077
When I was doing manual labor I would shower daily. I have a nice non-sweating job now.
>>
>>1076082
Paying rent*
>>
>>1076082
>I have a nice non-sweating job now.
What are you doing 70hrs/week that is non-sweating and are you folks hiring? Also, the martial artist in me wants to reprimand you for not training daily.
>>
>>1076090
I do train daily. Just not always in a gym. I'm a martial artist and woodsman.

I work in a pharmacy. Used to do construction and fight forest fires but I injured myself. They just let me work whatever hours I want. If I wanted to work 30 hours I could, but it's not like I have anything better to do.
>>
>>1076093
Holy balls you sound like me. I recently quit construction to go deeper into the emergency services via paramedic school. Have you thought about going back to school? How'd you hurt yourself? I've got a back injury from a douche on my high school wrestling team that slows me down sometimes, but I've been pretty lucky other than that.
>>
File: 1500235083877.jpg (54KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500235083877.jpg
54KB, 480x480px
>>1071104
>but there's no hostel where I am
God you're retarded
>>
>>1076098
Blew my shoulder out fighting forest fires. I would only go back to school to become an accountant but I refuse to take any loans. Debt is slavery my man.
>>
>>1076216
>I refuse to take any loans. Debt is slavery my man.
This is why I haven't finished my engineering degree and am instead construction/EMS vanman. Working as much as you are you could probably pay for at least community college in cash.
>>
>>1076226
>Suddenly realize how I priviledged I am with free education.
>>
>>1076228
Let me marry you for citizenship so I can finish my engineering degree.
>>
>>1076230
Depends how cool your van is.
>>
File: northDakotaVanman.jpg (111KB, 960x627px) Image search: [Google]
northDakotaVanman.jpg
111KB, 960x627px
>>1076233
It's a baby blue soccer mom minivan, doesn't get much cooler than that.
>>
>>1076236
Wanna drive around South America for a couple of years?
>>
>>1076239
Please don't kidnap me, cartelanon, there's no one to pay my ransom.
>>
>>1062431
Same here. Life is too structured (e.g. wake at this time, spend this many hours at your desk, spend this much time commuting) and it just doesn't seem worth it in a society that spits on the average white guy.
>>
tfw from a very wealthy family, but unable to make use of said wealth and start my own life until two more generations die.

van live pls safe me from dis hell
>>
File: Matt Foley.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Matt Foley.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
>>1076245

That's how you end up living in a VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
>>
>>1067044
Good luck brother.
>>
>>1076267
Sounds nice, desu. Is it a clean river?
>>
>>1076226
I'll start working towards community college, my main priority is buying land, building a house, and starting a moonshine distillery and then a pot grow when it becomes legal
>>
>>1076310

Opening a distillery ain't easy, honey. You're realistically looking at *least* 300 grand (loans to start up business are debt, too) to get up and running from scratch if you want a site that can actually produce enough yearly volume to make a net profit before you're dead of old age. The main problem is all the fuckin red tape, and regulations. Then there's securing distributors, paying employees, insurance, marketing, and general overhead like maintenance/materials. 40 acres, a mule, and a dream don't cut it in this day and age when it's more convenient for people to buy Corporate liquor cheaper than Joe Schmoe's artisanal blend.
>>
>>1076267
Hey fuck you faggot. Where's my river anyway? I was promised a fucking river.
>>
>>1076321
Nah bro its pretty easy you just pay taxes on your homemade batches and sell it at gas stations
>>
>>1063718
Florida is the most beautiful and perfect place to spend winter. The humidity is way down and it ranges from 60-70 every day, with some chilly nights of 40. Just get the fuck out when April hits, that's when it starts to get nasty.
>>
>>1076371
In what state is this possible?
>>
>>1076382
Kentucky/west virginia/tennesee

Most folks just file the profits on their taxes
>>
Anyone in or near Kingman Arizona? Looking for a guide or someone to travel with.
I am 23 white male.
I fix computers, panhandle, sing, talk about philosophy, read, and smoke weed.
I have a tent, a few emergency blankets, poncho, matted wool blankets and a few other knick knacks. My main carry is a sword and pepper spray.
>>
Is being homeless as comfy as it sounds? I don't mean being a disgusting beggar who sleeps on a bus bench, but like a knowledgeable guy with a small tent and a dog, maybe catching fish to feed the both of you or something like that. I feel like the idea is overly frowned upon but I've never been homeless so I don't know.

I'm close to getting evicted so I might learn for myself soon enough.
>>
>>1076623
Comfy, but tiresome.
>>
It's literally the easiest most comfy lifestyle and upgrade for anyone. Don't sweat it
>>
How does one conserve energy while being homeless?

Seems as if I have to walk 40 miles every day to get anything done
>>
>>1064083
That's why you use the last of your money to buy a laptop complete with charger.

Just hang out in the alley behind a Starbucks or whatever and use their wifi.
>>
>>1077150
Get a phone or a tablet. Lots more ways to charge those and you don't need to carry a stupid power brick.
>>
How do you vandwellers deal with insurance? Do you just go uninsured and hope you don't get caught, or what? That shit must eat up a lot of your budget.
>>
>>1076382

It's not legal. Federal law trump state law. Disregard that person who's trying to get people committing a /felony/.
>>
>>1077410
Federal law doesnt trump laws in commonwealth states
>>
>>1077407
eh... I had full insurance will paying it off but I haven't bought any since. Been a few months. I've been meaning to get liability though. The HD vans are in a different category of insurance it's kind of expensive.

>>1076882
I recommend getting a truck with a camper to live in or a van but if you're on foot, most cities have homeless shelters. I've been on foot before and it is a lot of walking and carrying shit around on your back all the time.
>>
Alright guys gonna be homeless in Europe for about a week, got about 120 euros to my name and few ideas on what to do. Was thinking of buying a tent and and hiking a nice and long trail for a few days (got a train ticket that can take me anywhere) but I haven't ever camped before so not sure how good an idea that is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>1077521
Go to Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, or Greece.
Preferably the first two, because easier to get in/out of.

"Camp" on the beach, party with tourists every night.

Dumpster dive for food.
People that rent self catering apartments throw away an astounding amount of good food/drink before they head home.
>>
>>1070330
Society is already stealing from me so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>1070330
I pay taxes on everything I buy that go towards helping people better off than me have nice communities to live in. I work full time and I barely get any tax money back while not even qualifying for benefits but I live in a van because rent is unaffordable.

Tell me who is the one getting robbed here?
>>
>>1077587
You seem pretty entitled.
What do you expect out of society?

It is both your duty and responsibility to work.
Those well off people that you're "supporting" with taxes are the same ones who make it possible for you to have a job.
They are the ones supporting you.
>>
>>1077600
Even so the rent is too fucking high and why is that? I'd like to know. When I was a kid a one bedroom was 5 bills and some change. Now for the same quality and frequently less it's 1.2k or even more. If they quit shipping in immigrants to drive down my wage while fattening their bottom line (they frequently rent out the property near where they own successful businesses) then maybe it would be more quid pro quo but it's not.
>>
>>1077600
fuck outta here gramps
>>
>>1077604
Grow up, shitbird.
>>
>>1077613
your way of life is right where it should be
cant wait for all you crotchety ignorant dickwads to go away with your hatred
>>
>>1077643
>go away with your hatred

Boy oh boy you're in for a shock when you wake up
>>
>>1064091
No, you get most of their possessions in exchange for the school and a starter survival kit. Keep what you want, stick the rest on ebay.
>>
>>1062116
I was technicallt "homeless" for a few years in my 20's in california .. slept in woods, at beaches, on rooftops and various places... .. I'be owned a condo for 16 years now and have been miserable for the most part... nothing like sleeping under the stars and waking up with the Sun after breathing fresh air all night.. not to mention the benefits of being grounded
>>
>>1077603
The rent is higher because running costs are higher.
The price of everything has gone up. Kitchens and bathrooms get outdated quick. Services are expensive.

A landlord renting out an apartment barely has enough to cover 3% inflation.

Go on zillow, and do the math yourself.
6% of value divided by 12 is the standard monthly rate.
>>
>>1077667
Great. So no solutions then. What if I like my job at the mill? You don't think mill workers need a roof over their head too?

>entitled

Maybe you're the entitled one sitting their manning a desk pushing buttons.
>>
>>1077669

What the fuck are you even yammering about.
>>
>>1077673
It's hot nigger
>>
ITT: Some douche thats too much of a cupcake to spend 1200 bucks on an acre and then 800 bucks on building materials so instead he bitches about rent being too high

I scoff at those not willing to forge their own destiny.
>>
>>1077676
Can't argue with you there.
>>
>>1077552
How can society steal from you when you have nothing and produce nothing

>>1077587
Boo hoo, quit wasting ur $ on meth. Any full time job will get you a decent apartment you liar
>>
>>1064090
>>1064131
I grew up in New Smyrna Florida and it was nice, warm beaches and lots of tropical rain storms.
>>
>>1077654
HAH please
>>
>>1077741
"Florida" is a reddit meme now. Has been for a while.
Just like Australia and poisonous shit.
>>
File: Housing Cost.png (230KB, 4672x1800px)
Housing Cost.png
230KB, 4672x1800px
>>1070330

You should be nicer, soon you won't be able to afford housing either.
>>
>>1077950
Why?
>>
>>1077950

Take out a loan if that is your worry. Then the market will increase in your favor.
Unless it doesn't, then you have nothing to worry about either way.

I see stupid people all the time - both here and in real life who want to retire to a rural area with a few acres, a big tittied wife who upcycles furniture, a fat labrador with asthma, and even fatter kids.

I tell them to get a loan but none of them ever listens.
They all want to save up and buy in cash to avoid being ensnared into perpetual slavery by the devil kike banking cabals.

Last time I suggested it on pre-shitcoin /biz/ of all places, everyone jumped on me.

Why is it so difficult to understand?
You either save up for 20 years, by which time property prices will have increased.
Meanwhile you spend those same 20 years throwing money away renting some piece of shit apartment.

Or you put down a deposit and buy the house on 2017 prices.
Instead of paying rent on that shitty apartment, you put it towards your loan.
And the best part is you get to live the life you want right now.
Not in 20 years, but right now.

That's what I've been trying to make people realize with my previous posts.
You don't need to wait to start doing what you want.
>>
>>1077989
Explain to how debt isn't slavery please sir
>>
Have any you gay dudes ever turnt tricks for something in return
>>
>>1064091
If you're serious, hit up my throwaway [email protected] I'd love to help
>>
>>1077991
Being categorically hateful of the world around you is the real slavery. If you can't be free under any circumstance then you never will be.
>>
>>1078066
How is debt slavery?
>>
>>1078094
It's not.
>>
>>1078019
Most of us are not gay and it's certainly not gay to suck a few cocks for gas money and we have all done that more often than we will admit. Just go for it if ur curious. You will learn to like it and even do it for free
>>
>>1078279
I prefer garroting truckers, desu.
>>
>>1078338
What is garroting?
Sorry but I'm not well versed in fag lingo.
>>
>>1078350
When you take a wire and wrap it around a neck and lacerate the arteries.

Great way to get anything of value they have, and if you do it quicly it will he silent.

My record is 3 garrotes at one truck stop in one night.
>>
Why do these threads attract the ragiest of wagies? If you hate freedom, don't post in this thread.
>>
>>1068698
You need to adjust your bike fit (saddle) if your knees hurt.
>>
>>1077664
I lived the wandering life until my 40's when I became a home owner, I sure miss those days but I'm too fucking old now.
>>
>>1077991
There's good debt and bad debt.
>>
File: 1500056931885.jpg (508KB, 3000x1997px) Image search: [Google]
1500056931885.jpg
508KB, 3000x1997px
i was hiding out in a parking plaza during the rain and this security guard lost his shit, i've never seen anyone so angry before, right from the moment he saw me veins were popping out of his neck and he was screaming, and i didn't even say anything to him, i started walking toward the entrance and he chased me

so i got away because my bike was right outside the door and ended up sitting inside the museum for a couple of hours but then it was closing time so i fucked off and slept in an abandoned house but in the middle of the night some nogs came in and started fighting each other downstairs, i was upstairs freaking out because one was threatening to stab the other so i'm just crouched in my sleeping bag with my pistol shaking

i really need to get a new tent or tarp, this sucks
>>
>>1079933
>i really need to get a new tent or tarp
You can get a tarp for like five bucks, my dude.
>>
>>1079945
more like $15-20, tarps aren't that cheap anymore

that's my priority tomorrow
>>
>>1079975
I was in Harbor Freight and Big Lots yesterday, they're still that cheap. If you're crafty and thrifty, find garbage bags filled with not-gross stuff and use those.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.