[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpacking stoves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Is this brand of backpacking stove any good. It seems to have multiple sellers on amazon, all of which get items from the same chinese supplier? Is it any good? If not, what's a better option for under $20?
>>
I have one of these. Id say its well made. I dont use it much because I like to use the green bottles of propane though.
>>
>>1061071
I have this, it works great OP. I haven't used any other camp stove but it boiled water in less than 5 minutes.
>>
>>1061071

IMO it's the best cooking option in terms of price, portability and effectiveness that you can get until you start spending way more on things like jetboil.
>>
>>1061071
yea i have this same stove and have used the same unit for 6 years

mine is an MSR but im sure the other ones are the same exact shit
>>
>>1061071
These are great for the price. I made the mistake of boiling a big pot of water for a group though and the heat/weight bent the legs a little, so be careful.
>>
>>1061071
Got one of those, I think under the name Etekcity or something like that. Solid little burner depending on what you expect from it. The ignition on mine is crap, i just use a match or lighter. The flame doesn't do much spreading, so your heat is kinda concentrated, but if you stick to small stuff it does fine. As a bonus when you crank it up it sounds like it's trying to achieve lift-off.
>>
>>1062545
fuck me, i just noticed right after posting this that the one in the pic is Etekcity too.
>>
>>1061071
I have one of these guys. Pretty nifty, but very small.

Certain things you can get from China and they are pretty much just as good as more expensive shit. Most of the time it's toxic unsafe garbage.
>>
>>1061071
I've always used alcohol stoves. What are the advantages of gas?
>>
>>1062566
I don't know about alcohol because I've never used it but you can screw OPs pic to a gas canister, which weighs next to nothing, and cook probably 20 meals on a small tank ($4.99 at Walmart)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.