[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stealth Camping tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: stealth-camping.jpg (119KB, 660x409px) Image search: [Google]
stealth-camping.jpg
119KB, 660x409px
Going to a state park tonight, and don't want to be crammed into the designated camp areas like a sardine. Any tips on avoiding getting busted by the man? NTC will of course be followed.
>>
>>1055912
>>
>>1060767

>>1060768 is pretty spot on. But to put it in one sentence:

Wait till it's dark to pitch then leave before it's bright.
>>
>>1060767
>NTC
?
>>
>>1060771
Agree with this. I camp without permission quite often and I find that the most important thing is to setup camp arount nightfall - but don't wait untill it gets totally dark. I've made that mistake a lot of times and woken up in the morning only to find out that my super sneaky camp spot was totally visible or 10 meters away from a track that I didn't see the night before. But then again, just pack your stuff early in the morning and you will be good.
My only real concern have been hunters, but I've been lucky so far.
>>
>>1060829
Yeah I suppose you could replace 'dark' with 'sun is setting'. Basically a time when it would be a surprise to meet anyone else out and about. I either just walk till the sun is about to go down or chill and eat my food while I wait for the sun to dip. If timed right you get to lie in your tent and watch the last of the sunset which is pretty ace.
>>
>>1060826
Never trust cunts
>>
>>1060768
I like having a fire and feel as if I could get away with it since I am from Australia and we got a lot of free space with not many people. My next stealth trip is going to be to Deep Creek Conservation Park in South Australia.
>>
>>1061244
I get away with fires, admittedly small ones, while wild/stealth camping in the UK. So if you're in AUZ then you should be able to do it. Bit drier there though so don't set fire to the country side!
>>
>>1061247
yeah exactly, its winter hear now so i'll be fine. wet as fuck atm actually.
>>
>>1061250
Heh! Even in the UK I do make efforts to clear stuff that could catch fire and have a bit of water on hand, even if it's just to put it out quickly in case someone turns up.
>>
>>1061254
Yeah, I'd only want to have a small one to boost my morale on a cold night.

I mainly do a lot of hunting in places where it is not allowed so I have to be careful.
>>
When you chop wood try to emulate the sound of a woodpecker by doing multiple gentle chops

If you get caught, wander around aimlessly like you just stumbled across a random campsite and you're just as confused as the warden is
>>
>>1061288
HA!!! 10/10
>>
>>1060767
Just go deep as hell and be quiet.
>>
>>1060826
No trace, cocksucker
>>
>Any tips on avoiding getting busted by the man?
Not sure if time traveler.
>>
>>1061421

No trace cocksucker
>>
Would carrying some money be a good idea? then if the land owner comes over asking you to move you just offer him the money to let you stay the night?
>>
>>1061814
Personally, I've never been caught. If I were, I'd just explain that I didn't mean any harm and just needed a place to sleep, and that I can leave immediately. In the US, unless there's a 'no trespassing' sign up, they have to tell you to leave and you have to decline before they can start shooting. They might call the cops and have them tell you to leave, but I don't believe most people would press charges over someone sleeping, unless of course it were marked or fenced property.

I try to stay on government property when ever possible, 10"-15" off the road, stick to an OG green bedroll, no fires, and not roll it out until after dark. Before dark, I might clear a space, cook a meal (alcohol stove) or heat some tea while I wait. Depending on where you're at, that's usually completely legal (until you go to sleep).
>>
>>1061244
why bother stealth camping at deep creek, theres heaps of campsites which are often empty in wnter and almost all are well screened by vegetation so you rarely have to see anyone else anyway. Seems unnecessary and damaging to thr native flaura desu
>>
>>1061814
I wouldn't bother. If some pissed off landowner has gone to the effort and made the risk of confronting you offering them a tenner isn't going to pacify them. They are either going to be cool and let you stay or will want you to leave. It's too late to start offering them cash.
>>
>>1061826
>10"-15" off the road
don't get run over
>>
File: 1500126539181.png (312KB, 620x583px) Image search: [Google]
1500126539181.png
312KB, 620x583px
>>1061863
> Why bother with campsites when there is a soft bed in your house

Yeah, thats what you wrote.
>>
>>1061890
And if they want you to leave, do it. Remember, you are the cunt in this. Walk a mile, then make camp again.
>>
>>1061924
your an idiot
>>
>>1060829
>>1060771
Haha I tried this. Ended up waking up to a lawn mower cos I'd parked on a golf course with access from a dirt track
>>
>>1061914
>10"-15" off the road
>don't get run over
I should have said 5"-10" behind the treeline; if I have to sleep in an open field, I go further out.
>>1062029
>waking up to a lawn mower
That's horrifying.
>>
>>1062108
You do know that " means inches, right?
>>
>>1062113
You know, I did know that... Not sure why I kept doing it. But yeah, I meant feet.
>>
>>1061926
>Remember, you are the cunt in this
If more people could be this self aware the world would be a better place!
>>
>>1060767
I'm confused by this question. I camp all the time, and have never actually stayed in one of the for-pay campgrounds. Why would you get in trouble?
>>
>>1061978
You're*
>>
>>1062247
Dispersed camping is ok on all federal land right?
>>
File: hey ya mate.jpg (236KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
hey ya mate.jpg
236KB, 658x370px
>>1061244
>>
>>1061518
So, swallow?
>>
>>1061421
No, trace cocksucker
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.