[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asolo Fugitive GTX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 75010-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg (49KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
75010-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg
49KB, 480x360px
Anyone have any experience with these boots? Considering them for multi-day hunting in rough terrain.
>>
>>1060435
Good brand, euro made. Thumbs up.
Haven't used but would shortlist for trying on when I need new boots.
Try them on.
>>
File: FullSizeRender-1.jpg (1MB, 2595x2174px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
1MB, 2595x2174px
I've had a pair for a few months. They're far and away the best hikers I've ever owned. They're stable, aggressive, and tough as fuck. Because of the PU midsole they're also heavy and have no bounce to them, so if you're a sneaker guy then you'll have a tough transition. Great shoes though, I just wish they had a vibram outsole because they can have some minor grip issues on wet or messy rock. This can be mostly managed by stepping more with your forefoot as the outsole has a tackier compound in the front than the one nearer the heel.
>>
File: IMG_3175.jpg (245KB, 2470x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3175.jpg
245KB, 2470x3000px
What your terrain like? I normally just hunt and fish in my gumboots, I'll sometimes wear my Ridgeline Apaches during the summer, real decent boot its outlasted my lowas.
>>
>>1060478
This post infuriates me for some reason.
>>
>>1060482
kek i had a pair of ridgeline boots that lasted less than 48 hours in the southern alps before they started falling apart. had my lowas for 2 years now and looking pretty good after 2 10 day fiordland trips and heaps of tahr and cham missions
>>
>>1060482
Mountainous forests, rocky ridges and grasslands.
>>
>>1060486
I reckon what fucked my lowas was using them as workboots and getting them muddy, for some reason the chink material seems to have held up better for the past 3 years. Anyways, im up in wanganui, we dont have rocks here, only mud.
>>1060489
Then youll want to listen to this fella >>1060486
what you described is pretty much inland fiorland.
>>
>>1060483
Why?
>>
File: 1496743932742.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496743932742.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
So you guys think they'd be good for hunting in?
>>
>>1060525
They look an awful lot like soccer mom hiking boots, lots of spots that will get filled with mud, and lots of different sections. If theyre light and comfy then go for it, but know theres better shit out there for hunting, your probably best off finding out what farmers and hunters in your area wear.
But thats just my 2 cents.
>>
>>1060525
They'll be fine. Don't ask questions like this on /out/ anymore. Place is fit to burst at the seems with contrarians and autism.
>>
>>1060478
Did you bring your dragon dildos with you?
>>
Wore them when I was a private military contractor and they are great. I would still wear them except for some reason they don't fit anymore, probobly from putting on some pounds or something after I now work at a desk, hah.

My Dad is an outdoorsman as well and he started wearing them. We didn't know until we went for some /out/in and were both wearing them.
>>
>>1060599
Youre bad at lying.
>>
>Italian made footwear
That's how you know they're good shit
>>
File: merrypip.jpg (144KB, 750x793px) Image search: [Google]
merrypip.jpg
144KB, 750x793px
>>1060645
>Italian made footwear
>That's how you know they're narrow with high arches
ftfy. no bene for my boxy german-irish hobbit feet
>>
>>1060478
Vibram is a brand. Issues with grip on different surfaces depends on what rubber mix is used.

>>1060435
>>1060525
They where popular among taliban hunters. Maybe a more flexible boot would be better for stalking, you'll have to be the judge of that.
>>
>>1060611

What do you mean? Why in the world would I lie about wearing a pair of boots?
>>
>>1061067
You're probably replying to a fatlard that can't cope with the fact that you worked as private military contractor. People refuse to accept that others often do and have various life experiences if it doesn't match their own, it happens to everyone.
>>
>>1060967
To be specific then, if prefer the vibram megagrip. Asolo slapped it onto a bunch of new boots and it's no comparison with their proprietary dual density compound outsole on the fugitive. It's an old design but it'd be great to see a comprehensive revisit that keeps the same last and elements that make the shoe great.
>>
Any word on Scarpa delta gtx boots?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.