[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping AC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4976.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_4976.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Howdy, honkies.

Gonna be innadesert in a couple of weeks for camping. I severely dislike being hot when I sleep. Been looking for a portable, chargeable air conditioner or swamp cooler. All the stuff on Amazon seems overpriced or worthless.

Any suggestions, me fellow anons?

Thank y'all.
>>
>>1060368
If you knew anything about deserts you'd know many deserts experience temperature drops at night because of the lack of cloud and tree coverage. Also, don't be a pussy. If you want to be in the desert put up with what the desert has to offer. Anything you try for ac, short of having a car, is going to shit out on you
>>
>>1060375
I've lived in the desert my whole life. I've had hat stroke before. I fucking hate the heat at night, doesn't matter the temp drop.

I'm seriously asking because I'm seriously wanting this. You're correct, it's not a need... but it's a want.
>>
>>1060403
*heat stroke
>>
A Honda 1000 generator will power a 5000 watt air conditioner. If you have propane, you can get a kit to convert the Honda to run on it instead of/in addition to gas.

A soft start/hard start kit also helps. It provides a large capacitor to help the compressor start up. It also helps if you start the AC in "fan only" mode and THEN turn it to AC once the generator has warmed up. This prevents both the compressor and fan rom startig at the same time.

Check out the Aliner 5000 watt AC (an LG I think) which is widely available for about $130.

Googling 5000 watt ac honda capacitor will get you some google research. Watch yourself. Many threads have old fucks saying you need a 2000 or 3000 or 4000 watt generaor for AC. These people are both "dumb old man on the internet trying to act wise" and have large RV's they are cooling.

Keep looking in google and you'll find the honda 1000 with 5000 watt ac threads. The AC is going to run about $140 and the honda about $650. If you want the propane conversion thats about $150 more. It's about $50 for the hard start kit.

That's the ONLY way to get REAL air conditioning in a small package for cheap.

Otherwise you're looking at those "put ice in a cooler and attach a fan to a vent" things.
>>
yeah your gonna freeze at night. more like take something warm.
>>
>>1060933
during the day just keep everything covered our you'll fry. and turn into a brisket.
>>
>>1060689
It's not often you see advice as good as this.
>>
>>1060403
heat stroke isn't really a qualifier, I got heat stroke in wales in the UK and there wasn't even a heatwave on
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.