[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing is expensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2970.jpg (37KB, 720x573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2970.jpg
37KB, 720x573px
Hello, /out/. I'm considering taking up a new hobby and buying a fishing license, and maybe some camping shit too. It's just affordable enough for me as a poor fag now, but the jew in me really doubts that I need to spend that money (oy vey just the resident fishing license is $36). I really would like to if I just didn't stress so much about money, but at the same time I want to go /out/ because I stress over bs. That money will get spent on marijuana if I don't spend it on something else, but will going /out/ solve my existential crisis?
>>
If you're asking if a hobby that you're clearly interested in is more important than a drug than you have a problem.

Besides that, fishing is expensive if you make it to be.
Of course you'll have to buy the essentials.

If the fish are good in your area you'll be fishing your own food too.
>>
Tom Sawyer it up. Just get some good line and hooks, grab a stick and a few worms and go to town
Helps if you have a buddy and a case of beer
>>
the license should be the most expensive thing. besides that it's just 5 dollar day pass maybe. whatever chips our drink you need. it beats wasting it on marijuana.
>>
You can skip the license if you are a free man living by natural law.
>>
>>1059808
I tend to smoke marijuana when I'm fishing (and almost never when I'm not). Fishing can really help you relax
The license might be your most expensive purchase.

You will have to solve your own "existential crisis" though. Try not being a faggot or getting actual help if you need it
>>
>>1059808
Try to understand that shit is acquired over time as your skills and knowledge increase. Before you know it your 40, with no wife or children and 30k worth of tools in your workshop.
Also fuck you, you maruajana smoke 37kb wank!!
>>
>>1059813
He stormed right out of that courtroom and into the pantheon of /out/ memes
>>
File: UL.jpg (871KB, 1120x1680px) Image search: [Google]
UL.jpg
871KB, 1120x1680px
>>1059808
Fishing is only as expensive as you want it to be. I sometimes fish with a piece of PVC (pictured), line and stone weights. I do like commercial hooks, but I've had luck with gorge hooks also.
>>
>>1059808
Grow your own weed and youll save a shitload of money.

As other anons have said it can be as expensive as you want. Check out clearance rack tackle or shop secondhand, some of the best gear I have came from yard sales. Theres really no getting around the license fee, though you can buy a lifetime for your state if you plan on staying there for a significant amount of time thatll pay for itself in ~10 years.

Be thankful youre not in california, a fishing license here was $47.01 this year for one fucking pole.
>>
i know theres a desginated fishing thread but how the fuck do i first start fishing? i have 0 experience
>>
>>1061074
read local laws, buy a cheap pole and worms, find a comfy spot, and enjoy anon
>>
>>1061076
alright

any walmart pole will do?
>>
File: IMG_2149.jpg (2MB, 3938x1844px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2149.jpg
2MB, 3938x1844px
>>1059808
Any hobby is expensive if you really get into it.

Compared to other stuff, fishing is relatively cheap. If you spend $100 on a rod and reel that isn't complete trash, then another $100 on some of the basics, you are good to go.

If you really want to go cheap, you can get one of those Shakespeare starter kits for $40. But if you actually enjoy the hobby, you are going to end up trashing it and replacing it for something better real soon.

I think the best thing is that after you get your gear, it literally costs nothing if you want to walk to the pond down the street and cast lures for the afternoon.
>>
>>1061096
>>1061074
In the fishin thread, there is a pastebin in the OP with a little guide about how to start fishin your local ponds
>>
>>1061096
Despite what most people will tell you, the fish don't actually care what brand pole you use. See >>1061055
>>
>>1059808
>Fishing is expensive

If you are a subsistence fishermen then fishing is ultra cheap. Just don't buy into the retarded consumerism hype.
>>
File: DSCN5859a.jpg (2MB, 3068x3068px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5859a.jpg
2MB, 3068x3068px
>>1061055
This, plus, it is fun DIYing shit too.

>>1061074
>>1061096
I started when I was 2 years old. My mother gave me a stick with a piece of yarn on it, no hook. I still caught bluegill with it. Fishing isn't hard. When I was 3yo she gave me an actual hook.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.